More terrifying than Real ID...

Here's what I don't get ... every time they try to use a "new technology" (which has actually been around for some time now) they get attacked ... when it doesn't do much more than our old technology did, it just makes it harder to forge. Our ID's already have bar codes, and many businesses are starting to use those for accounts, it's faster than entering all the info in the computer and less likely to be fake. Because of this new bar-code many businesses can even take expired ID's since they can now be "canceled" if stolen or flagged. My local DVD store uses the bar code now ... it's convenient ... once the chips are in use I'll get one of those to. As for paper trails ... really ... do you have a bank account? Make purchases online at all? Phone orders? Checks? All of that is already tracked. Then there's medical records and all that which people are resisting having those all connected to. Really, we have no less privacy, nor will have any less, because of these advancements. But the advancements can save a lot of hardship for most people. Sadly I live in Washington and these same people have resisted EVERYTHING new, this is just one of the many real advances they have fought against.

And of course the most obvious -- the Fed Government once again trampling the 10th Amendment -- doesn't even register with you.

There is NO advancement here. Unless complete and total control of you by the government is where you want to end up.

And guess who they'll control? Law-abiding citizens. Quick, how many of the 9/11 hijackers were in this country legally at the time they committed their crime(s) ...

Even with the tracking technology, even if they could actually gleam that much info from simply knowing where the ID is, even if they could tell if you actually were carrying it or if you left it at home, there is no way they would notice 99.99% of the population (and that's being generous).

I disagree. IMO the people most likely to abuse this technology are local police departments. If you put the right information into the database, such as current medical prescriptions or Auto-insurance payment status or recent GPS readings, they will have probable cause to pull anyone over. How about the chip reader in the cruiser not picking up your chip? Probable cause.

This isn't about some mysterious "they" doing X-Files type stuff to us, this is about the monsters and petty tyrants in our own municipalities and states using tech to ensure that "the peasants" can no longer "get away" with anything. If Joe Bob the meathead cop sees that you are 3 hours overdue on your insurance payment, or that your car spent the last 4 hours parked in front of a bar, believe me, you will be pulled over.

Forum List

Back