More teenage mothers emerge in Texas polygamy probe

No, its really not.

CPS isn't going to take your kids away because you smoke Pot. It has less to do with the illegality of the actions and more to do with the possible harmfulness to the child.

Oh contrare monfrare...I've seen it happen.

Again, were these people legally married to more than one person? if not it was not illegal under Texas law.

THEY ARE MARRIED TO MORE THAN ONE PERSON....and the aspect of polygamy really isn't the reason the raid was done...I'm just listing the numerous conduction of illegal activities. They beat and torture their infants in process called "breaking" and they marry off underage girls who are then forced to have sex. All are violations of Texas Law.

Interesting...so our morals are taught to us by others? No inbred morals? Sounds a bit like...brainwashing to me.

Everyone is brainwashed to a degree, but when you round up easily manipulated women and started brainwashing their kids to marry older men at an illegal age as well as forcing them to have sex. Not to mention brainwashing them into doing everything Daddy and other males say, then you have a problematic brainwashing.

Allie, do you believe in women's rights??? I'm suprised the enslavement of women from birth (regarding this compound) doesn't strike you as a violation of women's/civil rights. I'd be willing to bet that these women aren't allowed to leave even if they want.

Or when you round them up and start telling them they're victims of abuse whether they realize it or not, and their parents are either monsters or mindless automatons.

Same thing. Different teaching.

Under Texas law, you are considered married under COMMON LAW MARRIAGE or de facto Marriage. Cohabitation is a determing factor in behind common-law married. This would have been established given they became residents of the state. And it is illegal for a 18+ year old to have sex with a n 17- male/female.

And there is no legal precedent in Texas for saying that common law marriages can happen more than once at the same time.

Considering they would be common law married under Texas Law, Polygamy would be consdiderd an illegal activity--grounds for taking away children. Not to mention the numerous other infractions--beating/torturing infants, marrying underage girls, forcing sex upon them (a bed in the temple?) come on...

The numerous other infractions which you have no evidence for.

I'm glad you agree, but I don't need you to tell me that I'm right. Are you suggesting that this is the only sect? I don't see all of the Mormon fundamentalist sects being raided....just this one. If their was one specific Catholic church that practiced the moletstation of boys, that entire church would have problems...much like this sect.

No, you aren't right. Your argument for why this sect beats children, etc, is because the leader does it. Well how do you know these people did it as well? Oh, because they got arrested.

Sorry, but being arrested doesn't count as evidence for a crime. I need something a bit more substantial than that (especially considering they haven't actually been arrested).

Oh contrare monfrare...I've seen it happen.

Where? I'm sure that wasn't the only factor.

THEY ARE MARRIED TO MORE THAN ONE PERSON....and the aspect of polygamy really isn't the reason the raid was done.

*sigh*

Texas common law does not allow for you to get married to more than one person. It can't be used to assume a de facto marriage with multiple people.

They beat and torture their infants in process called "breaking" and they marry off underage girls who are then forced to have sex. All are violations of Texas Law.

Evidence would be nice.

And there is no legal precedent in Texas for saying that common law marriages can happen more than once at the same time.

But there is law that says you can't be married to more than one person....it doesn't matter about the time or how you're married. If you're married to more than one person, then you're practicing Polygamy. (ILLEGAL)

The numerous other infractions which you have no evidence for.

A former wife of Jessop has testified about the "breaking" of children. Along with numerous others. I've already posted a link on the other thread that shows her interview....go see for yourself. Don't forget, I'm also excluding the abandonemnt of the LOST BOYS. The younger male sect members are abandoned somewhere because they pose a threat to the older male members. Google it, and you will find many instances of this type of treatment from these fundamentalist sects. I have no proof that this particular sect practiced that, but I wouldn't doubt it...considering their all sects whose leader was/is Warren Jeffs.

No, you aren't right. Your argument for why this sect beats children, etc, is because the leader does it. Well how do you know these people did it as well? Oh, because they got arrested.

It doesn't matter if these people "did" it themselves. It's called guilt by association/and or neglect....and placing child in an abusive environment. If a woman's husband beats the child everyday, and the mother doesn't do anything to stop him. When they finally get busted, the mother is punished also--for neglect.

Sorry, but being arrested doesn't count as evidence for a crime. I need something a bit more substantial than that (especially considering they haven't actually been arrested).

Where? I'm sure that wasn't the only factor.

I'm not at liberty to say. But I've seen it happen...just a few weeks ago to be exact. It is dangerous for a child to inhale narcotic smoke..., not to mention, it's illegal to smoke it. I won't argue with you on this because I know it has and can happen. And it was the primary factor.

*sigh*

Texas common law does not allow for you to get married to more than one person. It can't be used to assume a de facto marriage with multiple people.

Evidence would be nice.

As far as evidence goes, there's another thread dedicated to this topic that has alot of posted evidence. Maybe find that one and we can continue this there. I don't really care to find all of it again.

That's because it's not there. The only "evidence" has been the word-of-mouth you keep carping on, which is the "evidence" the woman with the book keeps re-iterating, and which amounts to nothing more than a condemnation of the guy already in jail, and a certain distrust of the women in the sect who are, at worst, manipulative and controlling of the younger women.

But there is law that says you can't be married to more than one person....it doesn't matter about the time or how you're married. If you're married to more than one person, then you're practicing Polygamy. (ILLEGAL)

If you can't be common law married to more than one person, then all they were doing was sleeping with multiple people (LEGAL).

A former wife of Jessop has testified about the "breaking" of children. Along with numerous others. I've already posted a link on the other thread that shows her interview....go see for yourself. Don't forget, I'm also excluding the abandonemnt of the LOST BOYS. The younger male sect members are abandoned somewhere because they pose a threat to the older male members. Google it, and you will find many instances of this type of treatment from these fundamentalist sects. I have no proof that this particular sect practiced that, but I wouldn't doubt it...considering their all sects whose leader was/is Warren Jeffs.

Her experience was at this particular sect?

It doesn't matter if these people "did" it themselves. It's called guilt by association/and or neglect....and placing child in an abusive environment.

Guilt by association? Are you fucking joking me?

Her experience was with the same sect, but some years ago. I think she helped put what's his name in jail.

Which is fine. But I haven't heard her say one word about the women being abusive.

There is NO legal common law marriage in Texas I just looked it up....as there is in some other states, California being one of them....i believe after 2 or three years of living with your mate, it then becomes a "Common Law" marriage.

So even if Common Law Marriage was legal in Texas, mocking the rules of the game of Legal marriage, it still would cover only legally being allowed to have ONE Common Law Wife and it would also mean that the 16 year olds would NOT be married to them at the time that these men took the girl's virginity from them.

Also, PLEASE NOTE!!!!!

IT IS ILLEGAL for any man or any woman of authority, (such as a teacher, or a Coach, or a best friends Parent, or an Elder of any Church), to have sex with any child under the age of 18.....

18! ok??? Did you know that this is Texas Law? So ANY of these men that have taken a 16 year old girl and married her within their community while he is legally married to another woman, is NOT married to the 16, under ANY ciurcumstances, even Common Law, where it takes a few years of cohabitation before becoming a Common Law Husband and Wife, and this can ONLY HAPPEN if the both or even one of them, is not legally married to another... SO THIS MEANS he has committed STATUTORY RAPE in texas.

They have these Laws for a reason you know and I do believe if you think about it, you would understand why honestly... :(

And NO, I do not think that people should be punished that have not knowingly done anything wrong....I can understand the total distress many of these mothers are in right now....but I honestly can say that we have set up our society not to allow polygamy or specifically polygyny, because it is against the human and civil rights of a woman, who WE BELIEVE is an EQUAL to man citizen in this country....and is NOT BORN to solely be a sex object and baby spitter for the man.

belonging to a religious sect that requires their members to break the laws of the country they live in, is a Cult.

The mothers need to be rejoined with their children and go through the "Un-or De-brainwashing" with their children and Doctors...Psychologists imo....it is not the mother's fault. And those mothers that have not done anything wrong have most certainly done something wrong ....allowing a crime to be committed over and over again right before their eyes...the arranging and giving of their minor children to an older Elder of their Church, for his sexual use....

Care

There is NO legal common law marriage in Texas I just looked it up....as there is in some other states, California being one of them....i believe after 2 or three years of living with your mate, it then becomes a "Common Law" marriage.

So even if Common Law Marriage was legal in Texas, mocking the rules of the game of Legal marriage, it still would cover only legally being allowed to have ONE Common Law Wife and it would also mean that the 16 year olds would NOT be married to them at the time that these men took the girl's virginity from them.

Also, PLEASE NOTE!!!!!

IT IS ILLEGAL for any man or any woman of authority, (such as a teacher, or a Coach, or a best friends Parent, or an Elder of any Church), to have sex with any child under the age of 18.....

18! ok??? Did you know that this is Texas Law? So ANY of these men that have taken a 16 year old girl and married her within their community while he is legally married to another woman, is NOT married to the 16, under ANY ciurcumstances, even Common Law, where it takes a few years of cohabitation before becoming a Common Law Husband and Wife, and this can ONLY HAPPEN if the both or even one of them, is not legally married to another... SO THIS MEANS he has committed STATUTORY RAPE in texas.

They have these Laws for a reason you know and I do believe if you think about it, you would understand why honestly... :(

And NO, I do not think that people should be punished that have not knowingly done anything wrong....I can understand the total distress many of these mothers are in right now....but I honestly can say that we have set up our society not to allow polygamy or specifically polygyny, because it is against the human and civil rights of a woman, who WE BELIEVE is an EQUAL to man citizen in this country....and is NOT BORN to solely be a sex object and baby spitter for the man.

belonging to a religious sect that requires their members to break the laws of the country they live in, is a Cult.

The mothers need to be rejoined with their children and go through the "Un-or De-brainwashing" with their children and Doctors...Psychologists imo....it is not the mother's fault. And those mothers that have not done anything wrong have most certainly done something wrong ....allowing a crime to be committed over and over again right before their eyes...the arranging and giving of their minor children to an older Elder of their Church, for his sexual use....

Care

Good. Then I'm sure you'll see raids on all the abortion clinics, and I'm sure you'll endorse the cops breaking into the homes of every pregnant underaged girl in the country, so they can separate all the children from their parents until they "sort out" the situation.

Good. Then I'm sure you'll see raids on all the abortion clinics

This has nothing to do with abortion clinics.

, and I'm sure you'll endorse the cops breaking into the homes of every pregnant underaged girl in the country, so they can separate all the children from their parents until they "sort out" the situation.

Pregnant underaged girls who are having sex with much older men? Fine. Where else is that allegedly happening again?

Good. Then I'm sure you'll see raids on all the abortion clinics, and I'm sure you'll endorse the cops breaking into the homes of every pregnant underaged girl in the country, so they can separate all the children from their parents until they "sort out" the situation.

Do you have some facts that 16 year old girls are being forced to have sex andlive with the elders of their churches that are having abortions?

YOU CLEARLY are having some comprehension problems with the Letter of the Law.

and purposely I might add... :(

Care

Do you have some facts that 16 year old girls are being forced to have sex andlive with the elders of their churches that are having abortions?

Care

She also has problems with confusing topics... they get all squished together in there.

Care

Maybe if NAMBLA spoke up for them AB would take against them.

:rolleyes:

If they had a website which promoted sexual relations with young children, if their group named that as it's objection in it's very name, I'd have no problem with the raid.

If NAMBLA had their way, there would be no laws against sex between adults and children, and this wouldn't be an issue to begin with.

If you can't be common law married to more than one person, then all they were doing was sleeping with multiple people (LEGAL).

Her experience was at this particular sect?
YES
She was married to the leader of this sect...Jessop

Guilt by association? Are you fucking joking me?

IF YOUR IN THE CAR WHEN THEY BUST YOUR BUDDY FOR POT---AND YOU DIDN'T KNOW IT, YOU GO DOWN TOO. If you're there with the guy that murders someone, you get hauled in as well...then the you're at the mercy ofthe system Guilt by association may not have been the correct choice of words for this particular incident, but I garauntee you that if a woman was associated with a known serial killer, her kids would be taken away. These women did not question the leader's decisions to beat infants

Care

Just admit you're a hypocrite. You don't care if girls are victimized, so long as they get an abortion.

But if a girl adheres to a religion which leads them to make a choice you don't like, then obviously they can't be in their right minds.

Just admit you're a hypocrite. You don't care if girls are victimized, so long as they get an abortion.

But if a girl adheres to a religion which leads them to make a choice you don't like, then obviously they can't be in their right minds.

allie

i have NO IDEA what you are talking about? if you want to call me a hypocrite, maybe you could explain what for...?

care

Forum List

Back