More Stupidity In Florida!

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Let's say I have a CWP....I'm a mature adult, no record, mentally sound...

I want to pay a visit to our wonderful Governor Scott.

I'd like to sit in the gallery while the legislature's in session to see what's going on.

Maybe I'd just like to visit the Capital Gift Shop...

Or how about I ask my Congressman, Mica, for a one on one in his office?

Can I?

HELL NO!

Guns in Florida aren't allowed in:

• "Any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district;"
• "Any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof;"
• "Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law."

Aww...gosh durnit!

Now, let's say I have a 21 year old son with a CWP, attending community college, just in his second year after flunking out the first one twice, not the smartest cookie in the jar ya know, poor kid drinks too much, drives too fast, might smoke a little pot or worse...

Let's say he gets pissed off at his Professor for giving him an F on a report...

Can he carry a gun on campus and do God only knows what?

WHY HELL YEAH!

A shooting at Florida State University in November prompted legislators to file bills to allow concealed firearms on the state's college and university campuses. Many lawmakers believe that those permitted to have concealed weapons could form a first line of defense against future would-be spree shooters. The bill has already passed its first committees in the House and Senate..

...the Florida Legislature is disregarding our trust and throwing out my personal protection from gun violence for a couple of brownie points from the gun lobby."

College students, university administrators, faculty, and campus law enforcement are almost universally opposed to guns on campus according to most polls...

Florida A&M police chief Terence Calloway, who spoke at the rally, cited a 2009 poll of campus police chiefs that found just 5 percent supported the idea. And a 2014 study produced by Ball State University found similar opposition among college presidents, while polls of campuses throughout the country have regularly turned up student opposition in the 70 to 80 percent range.

Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!

Apparently, politicians aren't as stupid as they seem. They don't care if their constituents shoot each other but they won't take the chance of getting shot themselves.

Most states that I kno of won't let weapons into Gov't. buildings. What if a honest student carrying stopped that nut from killing someone? The gun isn't the problem.

Forum List

Back