More 'Stupid' from Michele Bachmann

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Frankly, the woman is an embarrassment to the GOP. But so is Cain. It's just so hard to believe that the intellectual level of GOP presidential contenders has fallen so far. I guess Sarah Palin really was a trendsetter.

Michele Bachmann's camp is claiming that she was "fully aware" of the fact that the U.S. hasn't had a functional embassy in Iran since 1980, despite earlier comments that appeared to suggest otherwise.

Speaking to supporters in Iowa Wednesday, Bachmann talked about the recent conflict in the Iranian capital of Tehran between protesters and the British embassy, which has led to the closure of the facility and the evacuation of diplomats.

"That's exactly what I would do [if I were president]," Bachmann said. "We wouldn't have an embassy in Iran. I wouldn't allow that to be there."

But the U.S. severed diplomatic ties with Iran in 1980, following the Iran Hostage Crisis. It vacated the embassy, recalled personnel and hasn't redeployed them since.

According to a subsequent statement from the campaign, Bachmann already knew this.

Michele Bachmann Campaign Denies Making Mistake About U.S. Embassy In Iran

As I see it the only ones talking about Michele Bachmann is the left. There is not to many people on this board who is supporting her to be president. I am sure there is some but she is defiantly not my pick

And for Sarah Palin. I know she would have been a hell of a better president then we have in office right now. At least she had some experience. Obama has proven over and over he was not ready to be president!

Last edited:
As I see it the only ones talking about Michele Bachmann is the left. There is not to many people on this board who is supporting her to be president. I am sure there is some but she is defiantly not my pick

And for Sarah Palin. I know she would have been a hell of a better president then we have in office right now. At least she had some experience. Obama has proven over and over he was not ready to be president!

:gives:

Caribou Barbie had only half of the experience of any other governor....

But, yet she has more experience then the community organizer who never worked a day in life in private sector. He put us in more debt in 3 years then Bush did in 8..

I'm going comment on your last paragraph.

As I recall, one of the conservatives arguments against Obama being president was his lack of necessary experience for the job. Well, some people might actually believe that teaching constitutional law at a major university, serving as a state senator and later as a US Senator consitutes more than a minimum of necessary experience to run for and win the office of president.

Regardless, how then is it that many conservatives who said that Obama lacked the necesarry experience to be president can support Herman Cain for president when he has absolutely NO legal bacground, nor US constitutional training, nor governmental experience of any kind at any level?

Frankly, the woman is an embarrassment to the GOP. But so is Cain. It's just so hard to believe that the intellectual level of GOP presidential contenders has fallen so far. I guess Sarah Palin really was a trendsetter.

Michele Bachmann's camp is claiming that she was "fully aware" of the fact that the U.S. hasn't had a functional embassy in Iran since 1980, despite earlier comments that appeared to suggest otherwise.

Speaking to supporters in Iowa Wednesday, Bachmann talked about the recent conflict in the Iranian capital of Tehran between protesters and the British embassy, which has led to the closure of the facility and the evacuation of diplomats.

"That's exactly what I would do [if I were president]," Bachmann said. "We wouldn't have an embassy in Iran. I wouldn't allow that to be there."

But the U.S. severed diplomatic ties with Iran in 1980, following the Iran Hostage Crisis. It vacated the embassy, recalled personnel and hasn't redeployed them since.

According to a subsequent statement from the campaign, Bachmann already knew this.

Michele Bachmann Campaign Denies Making Mistake About U.S. Embassy In Iran

How many Copse men are there ?......

And she screwed up everything she touched. I've read that Texas is in mourning because Perry will be coming back but Alaska is celebrating that $arah went to Arizona.

Funny how those who are so quick to say really silly things against Obama are also afraid to read the link I have included in several posts and which is now in my sig lines.

Obama Administration’s Achievements (Thus Far) » Obama's Achievements Center

Also interesting that the rw's are so against equal rights for voters that they constantly use it as an insult about President Obama.

To my way of thinking, working to make sure that every person who is eligible to vote has the opportunity to do so is something our president can be very proud of. Obviously, the GObP/pubs/bags disagree. Otherwise, they wouldn't think that "Community Organizer" is an insult.

Betcha if a pub actually worked to legally help people to vote, they'd think that was okay. Its only wrong when its a Dem.

Michele who????

Latest Poll numbers.
#1 Mitt Romney 20%
#2 Newt Gingrich 19%
#3 Herman Cain 16%
#4 Rick Perry 8%
#5 Ron Paul 10%
Election 2012 Polling and News, Republican Presidential Candidates, Obama, Interactive Polling Data

She's the Michele who won the Iowa GOP straw poll. She is also the leader of the tea party caucus (which she founded) in the House of Representatives.

Tea Party Caucus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She bought the straw poll votes. What was funny is that she bought a lot more than what finally "voted" for her.

But obama saying that the English had an embassy in Iran is just brilliant.

Michelle Bachmann didn't say anything the least embarassing, she was postulating a hypothetical which is different that obama getting the whole thing wrong.

you realize that gaffes don't equate to being stupid.

And btw your misinterpreting what she said.

you realize that gaffes don't equate to being stupid.

And btw your misinterpreting what she said.

How is it a gaffe for a congresswoman to not know that the US hasn't had an embassy in Iran since 1980?

That's pure stupid.

Keep in mind that this is the same woman who thought that the American revolution started in NH and not Massachusetts.

Last edited:

And she screwed up everything she touched. I've read that Texas is in mourning because Perry will be coming back but Alaska is celebrating that $arah went to Arizona.

Funny how those who are so quick to say really silly things against Obama are also afraid to read the link I have included in several posts and which is now in my sig lines.

Obama Administration’s Achievements (Thus Far) » Obama's Achievements Center

Also interesting that the rw's are so against equal rights for voters that they constantly use it as an insult about President Obama.

To my way of thinking, working to make sure that every person who is eligible to vote has the opportunity to do so is something our president can be very proud of. Obviously, the GObP/pubs/bags disagree. Otherwise, they wouldn't think that "Community Organizer" is an insult.

Betcha if a pub actually worked to legally help people to vote, they'd think that was okay. Its only wrong when its a Dem.

What a naive little twat you are........ community organizer is code for vote wrangler, get that vote with any kind of dog biscuit you need to buy it with. Many will sell their vote for lunch at Church's Fried Chicken, others need a promise of higher food stamp money. He did the same thing in his 2 year campaign run, promise the world to people that haven't paid an income tax in decades to secure their vote. That piece of shit is nothing more than a snake oil salesman and a lousy one at that. From what I've seen, only the mentally challenged didn't see through him during the first lousy speech he read at the dimwit convention.
The only reason you leftist asswipes push the equal voting rights is that you know that it is where you will pick up the easiest votes....... people without driver's licenses or IDs, felons, illegals, dead people, mental patients....... you want all of your constituents to vote. You know that if the vote was controlled as it should be and only informed taxpayers could cast one, you wouldn't win another election. The very least should be a vote that is worth 1.5 to 2 times that of leeches that are only voting for the dick that will give them something, that would be fair...... hell, for the top percentage wage earners that pay most of the taxes, their vote should be worth even more.

As for Bachmann, her education in law is more extensive that that shithead that lives in Air Force One, she has a Masters in Tax Law. Obama, if he actually did get through law school was propelled by sympathetic leftist tenured assholes..... I mean professors.

Forum List

Back