More splits in the Repub party

I hadn't heard that McCain is jumping over to the democrats...or is this a "what if" scenario?

This is a he would be welcomed, as long as he brought his record of solutions and service and left the bitching and Rove politics to the republicans 'what if' scenario.

-Joe
yeah, Joe Lieberman wasnt liberal enough(voted with the dems 92% of the time) but McCain would fit right in (voted with the GOP 82% of the time)

:lol:
yeah right

It's just for the media propaganda.

Yes exactly. A more conservative platform like Reagan's has wider acceptance than a moderate platform like McCain's.

Who has apologized to Limbaugh? I think you should make that list first. Steele? What because they differed on policies or because Steele made improper personal remarks? big difference.

THAT is the lesson that you took from this past election??? Explains why the republican party identification has dropped to abut 20% of the electorate.

McCain lost for a LOT of reasons...

1. Too much Bush baggage for repubs to overcome.... they might have been able to b/c the dems had a black candidate, but....

2. the idiot picked wingnut palin with her "pro american parts of the country" and "no abortion even in the face of rape or incest" for his running mate in a really failed move to court hillary voters....

And even then, McCain might have won....EXCEPT

3. The ECONOMY tanked and McCain knows NOTHING about economic issues; and THE THOUGHT OF SARAH PALIN running the country if something happened to McCain, rightfully made the centrists sick to their stomachs.

Had McCain picked Mitt (who does know a little something about economics, even though I disagree with him), and not looked like such a doddering failure when the economic crisis hit, he might have been president.

But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the rabid religious right couldn't vote for a MORMON, heaven forbid!

Yes exactly. A more conservative platform like Reagan's has wider acceptance than a moderate platform like McCain's.

Who has apologized to Limbaugh? I think you should make that list first. Steele? What because they differed on policies or because Steele made improper personal remarks? big difference.

THAT is the lesson that you took from this past election??? Explains why the republican party identification has dropped to abut 20% of the electorate.

McCain lost for a LOT of reasons...

1. Too much Bush baggage for repubs to overcome.... they might have been able to b/c the dems had a black candidate, but....

2. the idiot picked wingnut palin with her "pro american parts of the country" and "no abortion even in the face of rape or incest" for his running mate in a really failed move to court hillary voters....

And even then, McCain might have won....EXCEPT

3. The ECONOMY tanked and McCain knows NOTHING about economic issues; and THE THOUGHT OF SARAH PALIN running the country if something happened to McCain, rightfully made the centrists sick to their stomachs.

Had McCain picked Mitt (who does know a little something about economics, even though I disagree with him), and not looked like such a doddering failure when the economic crisis hit, he might have been president.

But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the rabid religious right couldn't vote for a MORMON, heaven forbid!
sheeesh Jillian, do you buy everything the liberal media tells you?
if McCain hadnt picked Palin, he would have lost worse than he did
and those comments were blown way out of proportion by the liberal asshole media

and those comments were blown way out of proportion by the liberal asshole media

bubbalah, do you buy everything the right wingers tell you?

If this had remained a "base" election, McCain would have won with Palin. But the minute the economy tanked, it was no longer a "base" election...and Ms. I'll get back to you about what I read, was a liability.

In a "base" election, he'd have done better with palin... but this wasn't a base election.

If this had remained a "base" election, McCain would have won with Palin. But the minute the economy tanked, it was no longer a "base" election...and Ms. I'll get back to you about what I read, was a liability.

In a "base" election, he'd have done better with palin... but this wasn't a base election.
yeah, the reason McCain lost, was McCain
and it would have been worse for him if he had picked someone like Pawlenty or Crist

he would have lost my vote, and most people i know

I hadn't heard that McCain is jumping over to the democrats...or is this a "what if" scenario?

This is a he would be welcomed, as long as he brought his record of solutions and service and left the bitching and Rove politics to the republicans 'what if' scenario.

-Joe
yeah, Joe Lieberman wasnt liberal enough(voted with the dems 92% of the time) but McCain would fit right in (voted with the GOP 82% of the time)

:lol:
yeah right

Dudes, I don't expect it to happen... I'm just saying that the moderate voice in American politics is not going to turn away any ideas or solutions based on the color of the political skin that voices the idea.

I've said before that the country needs both parties, it's the bitching and whining with no solutions or ideas offered that's a drag on the conversation.

-Joe

Yesterday Gov. Crist of Florida announced his intention to run for Senator from Fla. Clearly the sitting Gov. of a state is in a very powerful position to make such a run. Unfortunately for Crist he is not a lock step Repub. He actually puts the welfare of his state over politcal considerations. This means he supported Obama's stimulus bill (gasp) and so has earned the ire of Boss Limbaugh and the other radical rightists. Senators Mitch McConnell and David Cornyn are supporting him, but Limbaugh thinks he should join Arlen Spector and become a Dem. Another attempt by Limbaugh to push Repubs out of the party is the last thing the Repubs need, but Limbaugh with an ego the size of, well Limbaugh, is more interested in defending the Bush era failures than moving the country forward.

Coming this fall from Disney Motion Pictures - "Honey I Shrank The Party" starring Boss Limbaugh!

Isn't Boss Limbaugh a resident of florida?

Limbaugh should run for the senate. He would totally win a GOP state primary in a blow out. And Dick Cheney says the republican party needs to be more like Limbaugh, so it totally makes sense for him to run. :clap2:

As the Republican party moves farther to the right, it becomes increasingly marginalized.

As the Republican party moves farther to the right, it becomes increasingly marginalized.
actually, their move to the left is what caused them to LOSE
but you just keep believing that nonsense you do

and it would have been worse for him if he had picked someone like Pawlenty or Crist

I wanted him to pick Rudy.

How come every time we run one of your pet moderates we get hammered and when we nominate someone who isn't we win.

i would have been happier with Rudy being the one DOING the picking
but i dont think i would have supported a McCain/Rudy ticket as much

i would have been happier with Rudy being the one DOING the picking
but i dont think i would have supported a McCain/Rudy ticket as much

Oh I would have been ecstatic if Rudy had been doing the picking.

Forum List

Back