More Solar Power in TX Could Save Consumers Over $520 Million

Alternative Sources of Energies save upto 70% electricity bills monthly. These sources are pollution free and easy to harness. Only it is a bit costly initially but very effective when it comes to monthly bills later. It is easy to harness and comes from natural resources. These are renewable and abundant in nature. It not only saves electricity but also saves environment.
Thanks

Ah --- A commercial.. How Lovely...

Welcome to board roboposter..

Go read my post previous about the German folks with the .45cent+ electric rates and how they just love renewables and "alternatives" and how much THEY are saving...

And Remember Kiddies.... When you go grid parallel, you're not really "powering your home from the sun" -- you're now in the ELECTRICITY BUSINESS.. So get that maintenance crew ready to keep your investment on track to repay you before you die..

raking-snow-off-panels.jpg

Hopefully NOT from a fall off a 4Meter ladder or an icicle in the eye socket..

Snow Accumulation and Solar Production

1.From November to February your average total energy production will be only 20% of what it will be annually in an average year, and this is if there is no snow at all. So let’s say the weather is bad and the panels are covered for two months straight. In this situation you would typically be forfeiting about 10% – 15% of your annual production. The regular maintenance may not be worth risking your neck for when you boil it down to the dollars and cents.

Last edited:
The price of solar is going down, maybe it ain't the greatest thing for those in the northeast but there's no reason why it can't be used in some parts of the country where it's economically feasible. Maybe not today, but in the not too distant future. I don't want the gov't involved, giving taxpayer money out in loans to private businesses, but I'm okay with funding research. Better than crawfish on a treadmill or studying the sex habits of turtles or whatever.

The price of solar is going down, maybe it ain't the greatest thing for those in the northeast but there's no reason why it can't be used in some parts of the country where it's economically feasible. Maybe not today, but in the not too distant future. I don't want the gov't involved, giving taxpayer money out in loans to private businesses, but I'm okay with funding research. Better than crawfish on a treadmill or studying the sex habits of turtles or whatever.

Agreed about shifting govt involvement from subsidies for MATURE products to basic R&D. We would be FARRR better off and be getting use of tax dollars. In the case of a 40 yr old product with limited applications --- we'd be idiots to pick Germany as an example of our direction..

Agreed about shifting govt involvement from subsidies for MATURE products to basic R&D. We would be FARRR better off and be getting use of tax dollars. In the case of a 40 yr old product with limited applications --- we'd be idiots to pick Germany as an example of our direction..

I lived in Germany for a number of years, first as a dependent and then while on active duty. They don't get a lot of sunny days, can't imagine what they were thinking.

I lived in Germany for a number of years, first as a dependent and then while on active duty. They don't get a lot of sunny days, can't imagine what they were thinking.

I worked as a consultant to a Siemens (large printing press) company in Keil.. WAAAY up there in the north.. Was there for weeks at a time.. Beautiful countryside, when you could see it!! Loved the fall when you would get LEAF STORMS.. :eek: Never drove in zero visibility due to leaves before..

I worked as a consultant to a Siemens (large printing press) company in Keil.. WAAAY up there in the north.. Was there for weeks at a time.. Beautiful countryside, when you could see it!! Loved the fall when you would get LEAF STORMS.. :eek: Never drove in zero visibility due to leaves before..

4 years near Ramstein, 2 near Frankfurt, 2 more near Stuttgart; great food, great beer, good people. Topless women around any lake in the summer. Tough duty, LOL.

We've had 40 years of INTENSE research into solar PV.. We KNOW how to make them better. But as in ALL product developments, you can't include a 1.5lb bag of hummingbird hearts in each unit to make it function..

We could mine LOADS of arsenic and go GA-AS. We could use nanotech development, but not see volume production for 10 yrs because of cost and complexity.. The technology has actually peaked in terms of price/performance. We will get smaller more expensive panels for certain critical applications like space probes.

What we CAN'T do is promise $130Bill in subsidies like Germany has done to get 3% of our power.. During the day only and missing on some days every month. It's a peaker technology. To reduce the peak output of SOME OTHER RELIABLE source of power for 6 hours a day -- MAYBE....

You know, Flats, you are completely full of shit. I heard this same song and dance ten years ago. Now there are manufactures that are making panels for less than a dollar a watt. And we have square miles of warehouse and commercial roofs that are already located on the grid.

That's the point -- it IS MATURE.. AT a $/W (which I doubt unless they're crap) you've pushed it to the limit.. And if you've read what Der Spiegel said about Germany OVERINVESTING and OVERINSTALLING in solar -- then you'll get the picture..

If I'm full of shit --- then you better hire BETTER electrical engineers.. Because I don''t ANY who would disagree with what I stated..

With you shouting GRID PARALLEL GRID PARALLEL alll over the place.. You'd think that those panels are ACTUALLY PRODUCING POWER AT NIGHT or during rainy days.. You need to get off your GREENISH ASS and see that if Germany takes their nuclear plants offline and Japan keeps theirs offline -----

YOU ALTERNATIVE NUTS have no way to stop the planetcide that's gonna happen whenn the CO2 takes a HISTORICAL spike....
Because you have no ALTERNATIVE plan... Just some slogans like GRID PARALLEL...

Dumb fuck. The whole idea of grid parallel is that you are using the power off of the grid and night and feeding power onto the grid in the daytime.

First Solar And Sunpower: A Retreat To Sustain Cost Advantages - Seeking Alpha

The breaking of a business model dependent on European subsidies has also hurt First Solar, which is now aggressively pursuing a model aligned with sustainable market opportunities outside of the subsidized economy. European woes and termination movements for existing subsidies surely played a significant factor in the company's decision to close its German facility. Yet the shutting down of the Frankfurt plant helped the company make additional strides in lowering the ever important cost-per-watt factor that is at the heart of the matter.

First Solar Pre-Restructuring Post-Restructuring
2012 Avg. Module Costs $0.74/W $0.70/W - $0.72/W
2013 Avg. Module Costs $0.63/W - $0.68/W $0.60/W - $0.64/W

On Tuesday, April 17, First Solar's announcement of the restructuring sent the company's stock soaring over 14% at one point in the day. The overhaul will serve as a catalyst to help the company meet its efficiency goals and move away from markets becoming ever unsustainable for the foreseeable future. With deep cost-cutting measures allowing the company to strategically retreat, the move was largely seen as a suitable reason to end the bleeding that had allowed for the company's stock to reach new year lows, as it dropped over 80% of its value in less than a year.

Where does this insame stuff come from. Oil and gas are and have been the best source of energy. We have a ton of wind, a lot of it is on the board. Get real.

It's no secret. Even greenie sites say that it takes around 300 square feet to power a refirg, reasonable lights and a computer. You don't get luxuries like hot water a freezer and heat from the setup. Multiply it by a small town or city and you get a countryside full of ugly plastic that doesn't even furnish enough energy for hot water. How the fuk can the left wing say that solar panel technology is the future? I think it was Mark Twain who said "the only thing worse than a lie is a damned lie" and that's what we have, a damned lie.

It's no secret. Even greenie sites say that it takes around 300 square feet to power a refirg, reasonable lights and a computer. You don't get luxuries like hot water a freezer and heat from the setup. Multiply it by a small town or city and you get a countryside full of ugly plastic that doesn't even furnish enough energy for hot water. How the fuk can the left wing say that solar panel technology is the future? I think it was Mark Twain who said "the only thing worse than a lie is a damned lie" and that's what we have, a damned lie.

LOL. A small, 1200 square ft home with a south facing roof covering half the house has about 700 square ft to work with. That is more than enough to supply all the reasonable needs for a house that size, even here on the West side of Oregon.

Where does this insame stuff come from. Oil and gas are and have been the best source of energy. We have a ton of wind, a lot of it is on the board. Get real.

And each are going to be more expensive in the future. The curve for fossil fuel is all upward from now on. While that of the alternatives is getting less costly every year.

You know, Flats, you are completely full of shit. I heard this same song and dance ten years ago. Now there are manufactures that are making panels for less than a dollar a watt. And we have square miles of warehouse and commercial roofs that are already located on the grid.

That's the point -- it IS MATURE.. AT a $/W (which I doubt unless they're crap) you've pushed it to the limit.. And if you've read what Der Spiegel said about Germany OVERINVESTING and OVERINSTALLING in solar -- then you'll get the picture..

If I'm full of shit --- then you better hire BETTER electrical engineers.. Because I don''t ANY who would disagree with what I stated..

With you shouting GRID PARALLEL GRID PARALLEL alll over the place.. You'd think that those panels are ACTUALLY PRODUCING POWER AT NIGHT or during rainy days.. You need to get off your GREENISH ASS and see that if Germany takes their nuclear plants offline and Japan keeps theirs offline -----

YOU ALTERNATIVE NUTS have no way to stop the planetcide that's gonna happen whenn the CO2 takes a HISTORICAL spike....
Because you have no ALTERNATIVE plan... Just some slogans like GRID PARALLEL...

Dumb fuck. The whole idea of grid parallel is that you are using the power off of the grid and night and feeding power onto the grid in the daytime.

First Solar And Sunpower: A Retreat To Sustain Cost Advantages - Seeking Alpha

The breaking of a business model dependent on European subsidies has also hurt First Solar, which is now aggressively pursuing a model aligned with sustainable market opportunities outside of the subsidized economy. European woes and termination movements for existing subsidies surely played a significant factor in the company's decision to close its German facility. Yet the shutting down of the Frankfurt plant helped the company make additional strides in lowering the ever important cost-per-watt factor that is at the heart of the matter.

First Solar Pre-Restructuring Post-Restructuring
2012 Avg. Module Costs $0.74/W $0.70/W - $0.72/W
2013 Avg. Module Costs $0.63/W - $0.68/W $0.60/W - $0.64/W

On Tuesday, April 17, First Solar's announcement of the restructuring sent the company's stock soaring over 14% at one point in the day. The overhaul will serve as a catalyst to help the company meet its efficiency goals and move away from markets becoming ever unsustainable for the foreseeable future. With deep cost-cutting measures allowing the company to strategically retreat, the move was largely seen as a suitable reason to end the bleeding that had allowed for the company's stock to reach new year lows, as it dropped over 80% of its value in less than a year.

Since you can't avoid calling me a dumbfuck and repeating the same definitions over and over again.. DUMBFUCK -- grid parallel means you've gone into the energy business. All you are doing are investing in power generation. If you are a big enough DUMBFUCK --- you'll believe that are doing this to save the planet.. When in reality your little energy company is creating costs to idle a REAL generator plant with workers and maintenance only because the FEDS MANDATE that your source is always taken first. So the DUMBFUCKS leave the problem of where the energy comes from for heavy industry, charging EVs, the nighttime, rainy days and winter months to the OTHER ratepayers.

Impressed about First Solar? Think you found the 68c/Kw silver lining thru your DUMBFUCK blinders? Here's what you need to know about FSLR that everyone knows but you...

flacaltenn-albums-charts-picture4565-solarstock.png
[/IMG]

Which is gonna happen first? FSLR hits penny stock levels or they hit (maybe, cuz I doubt the quote you posted) 65c/KW?

And you're not hearing the news about Germany are you? You've got your little DUMBFUCK ear muffs on and not listening to the genuine anger of the German people who are waking up to the massive give-aways that have boosted their rates with very little to show for it. They want to ram those panels up your large DUMBFUCK ass. Because now they understand that solar PV was NEVER an alternative, just a supplement and shouldn't have been promised $140Bill to supply just 4% of Germany's electrical power on sunny days and 8 months a year.

The gig is up.. The morons are idling nuclear plants. You've got NO FREAKING CLUE what "alternative" is gonna prevent a huge spike in CO2 do you? This whole fraud is rapidly unraveling and REAL DECISIONS are gonna be made when YOUR DUMBFUCK mess hits crisis proportions..

With any luck --- good leftist dumbfuck that you are --- this will blow up in your face around the same exact time that your poorly managed govt entitlements blow up and you will see it all come crashing down just when you think you can relax and retire..

Good Work DUMBFUCK... Now tell us more about how pleased and wonderful the folks in Germany with THEIR MASSIVE "investment" into solar PV.. And please tell me more about how grid parallel solar is gonna save the planet and your massive holdings in FSLR...

:badgrin:

Continue to be vulgar with me and I'll return the favor... When brain-adled folks do it -- it's cute. When non-retarded grown-ups do it discussing important things -- I get angry..

For years kerosene lanterns, and pot belly stoves were the best.

LOL. A small, 1200 square ft home with a south facing roof covering half the house has about 700 square ft to work with. That is more than enough to supply all the reasonable needs for a house that size, even here on the West side of Oregon.

Don'tcha understand rocky? The point isn't whether there is room on the roof for the junk. The point is that lefties are trying to convince us that a municipal investment of solar panels is worth while when it takes 300 square feet on a house to furnish the basics without hot water or heat. How much acreage does it take to offer basic service to a town or city even without hear or hot water? Do the math. Electricity backed up with oil or natural gas or heat pumps makes far more sense.

Typical 'Conservative'. All for big companies with total power over the individual and families, and against anything that would make the families less financially dependent on big business.

Well, with high density batteries getting less expensive, solar panels getting less expensive, it will soon be in the individuals financial interest to get completely off the grid. I don't think this is a good idea as having multiple small generation points would be a backup in the case of a natural disaster. Also, as the EV's become more common, they will represent a large backup source of emergency power.

Forum List

Back