More signs of a dying GOP

Politics is a game of "dirty tricks". It's not unique to either party.

Correct. Dirty tricks aren't unique to either party but please don't try to sell it like they are equally bad. In today's world we have one party that is much worse than the other in this regard.....and that party is the GOP.

They are equally bad.

Remember when the Democrats chose to flee the state of Texas to keep the Republicans, who held a majority, from voting on redistricting?

This is simply that same tactic in reverse.

Texas Democrats Flee to Neighboring State to Avoid Redistricting Vote - 2003-05-15

FIVE tu quoque fallacy!

Correct. Dirty tricks aren't unique to either party but please don't try to sell it like they are equally bad. In today's world we have one party that is much worse than the other in this regard.....and that party is the GOP.

They are equally bad.

Remember when the Democrats chose to flee the state of Texas to keep the Republicans, who held a majority, from voting on redistricting?

This is simply that same tactic in reverse.

Texas Democrats Flee to Neighboring State to Avoid Redistricting Vote - 2003-05-15

FIVE tu quoque fallacy!

count20von20count.jpg

Funny topic.

'There’s an awkward piece of trivia following Virginia Democrats as they rally to stop a Republican plan to allocate electoral votes by Congressional district: several of them once supported similar bills themselves.'

Delegate Vivan Watts (D), who sponsored or co-sponsored a number of bills over the years — including one in 2012 — that would divide Virginia’s electoral votes by Congressional district, told TPM that Virginia’s longtime status as a solid red state played a role in her earlier support.

Virginia Democrats Explain Past Support For Electoral Vote Split | TPMDC

Yea, the Senate is split in the DEMOCRATIC base over gun control with nearly HALF vowing to not touch the issue, scared shitless because they know this nation will crucify them in 2014. Keep thinking the way you do.. just because your boy King had his taxpayer funded bragging rights yesterday doesn't mean this country is leftist..

The Countdown to an end to Marxism has started..

What the fuck are you talking about? It's pretty clear it has nothing to do with this thread.

I believe the words you are looking for are non sequitur.

What the fuck are you talking about? It's pretty clear it has nothing to do with this thread.

Meltdown #45-- You really need to step away from this forum.. you're beginning to act senile consistently.

Why don't you explain it, then?

Tell us what some blathering about the 2nd Amendment and "Marxism" has to with the Virginia State Senate pulling some dirty tricks to pass a re-districting bill?

why don't you tell us how it means the GOP is dying?

I live in Virginia and trust me when I say that any amount of redistricting here does not matter. There are 6 or so island's of democrat voters (all of northern Virginia, Richmond, and other densely populated areas), and the rest is hardcore republican. Maybe redistricting will make current seats more secure but it's not going to swing any seats to either party.

And I'll add that the trend over the last decade or so leans Senate and Presidential voting towards blue.

all areas heavily laden with minorities

I live in Virginia and trust me when I say that any amount of redistricting here does not matter. There are 6 or so island's of democrat voters (all of northern Virginia, Richmond, and other densely populated areas), and the rest is hardcore republican. Maybe redistricting will make current seats more secure but it's not going to swing any seats to either party.

And I'll add that the trend over the last decade or so leans Senate and Presidential voting towards blue.

how would you know? Virginia is a big state. You are prolly in Richmond area.

how would you know? Virginia is a big state. You are prolly in Richmond area.

I can read election maps and know the demographics of the state, err commonwealth ;)

your county went for obama naturally.

Forum List

Back