More signs of a dying GOP

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
The state Senate is split 20-20 between Republicans and Democrats. On Monday, while state Sen. Henry Marsh (D) — a 79-year-old civil rights veteran — was reportedly in Washington to attend President Obama’s second inaugural, GOP senators forced through a mid-term redistricting plan that Democrats say will make it easier for Republicans to gain a majority.

With Marsh’s absence, Senate Republicans in Richmond had one more vote than Senate Democrats and could push the measure through. The new redistricting map revises the districts created under the 2011 map and would take effect before the next state Senate elections in Virginia and would redraw district lines to maximize the number of safe GOP seats.

The move was a surprise to just about everyone, including Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell who has not yet pledged to endorse the new district lines, which must now go through the GOP-controlled House of Delegates and finally across McDonnell’s desk before final approval.

Virginia GOP Pulls ‘Dirty Trick’ On Inauguration Day | TPMDC

Yea, the Senate is split in the DEMOCRATIC base over gun control with nearly HALF vowing to not touch the issue, scared shitless because they know this nation will crucify them in 2014. Keep thinking the way you do.. just because your boy King had his taxpayer funded bragging rights yesterday doesn't mean this country is leftist..

The Countdown to an end to Marxism has started..

Yea, the Senate is split in the DEMOCRATIC base over gun control with nearly HALF vowing to not touch the issue, scared shitless because they know this nation will crucify them in 2014. Keep thinking the way you do.. just because your boy King had his taxpayer funded bragging rights yesterday doesn't mean this country is leftist..

What the fuck are you talking about? It's pretty clear it has nothing to do with this thread.

What the fuck are you talking about? It's pretty clear it has nothing to do with this thread.

Meltdown #45-- You really need to step away from this forum.. you're beginning to act senile consistently.

Meltdown #45-- You really need to step away from this forum.. you're beginning to act senile consistently.

Why don't you explain it, then?

Tell us what some blathering about the 2nd Amendment and "Marxism" has to with the Virginia State Senate pulling some dirty tricks to pass a re-districting bill?

The state Senate is split 20-20 between Republicans and Democrats. On Monday, while state Sen. Henry Marsh (D) — a 79-year-old civil rights veteran — was reportedly in Washington to attend President Obama’s second inaugural, GOP senators forced through a mid-term redistricting plan that Democrats say will make it easier for Republicans to gain a majority.

With Marsh’s absence, Senate Republicans in Richmond had one more vote than Senate Democrats and could push the measure through. The new redistricting map revises the districts created under the 2011 map and would take effect before the next state Senate elections in Virginia and would redraw district lines to maximize the number of safe GOP seats.

The move was a surprise to just about everyone, including Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell who has not yet pledged to endorse the new district lines, which must now go through the GOP-controlled House of Delegates and finally across McDonnell’s desk before final approval.

Virginia GOP Pulls ‘Dirty Trick’ On Inauguration Day | TPMDC

wow... I, of course, could never in a million years imagine Democrats pulling such tricks...

Tell us what some blathering about the 2nd Amendment and "Marxism" has to with the Virginia State Senate pulling some dirty tricks to pass a re-districting bill?

<grins> Totally amusing to watch a self described independent going apeshit AGAIN over any comments regarding liberalism, Obama.. You're a joke at best. The OP shits himself in self congratulatory puke, imagining the GOP is dead.. I countered his asinine argument with FACTS old man.. Learn to read .

As to redistricting.. I've said it a million times. BOTH SIDES DO IT.. TERM LIMITS but none of you hacks want to listen.

Now blow it out your ass Dr. Dummy

<grins> Totally amusing to watch a self described independent going apeshit AGAIN over any comments regarding liberalism, Obama.. You're a joke at best.
I have never described myself as an "Independent", nor have I ever denied being a "liberal".

But my comments in this thread have not been "defending" anyone, nor have they had anything to with Obama, or "liberalism".
The OP shits himself in self congratulatory puke, imagining the GOP is dead.. I countered his asinine argument with FACTS old man.. Learn to read .
So, you're responding to the thread title? Perhaps the you should "learn to read" the thread itself before posting something completely off-topic.

<grins> Totally amusing to watch a self described independent going apeshit AGAIN over any comments regarding liberalism, Obama.. You're a joke at best.
I have never described myself as an "Independent", nor have I ever denied being a "liberal".

But my comments in this thread have not been "defending" anyone, nor have they had anything to with Obama, or "liberalism".
The OP shits himself in self congratulatory puke, imagining the GOP is dead.. I countered his asinine argument with FACTS old man.. Learn to read .
So, you're responding to the thread title? Perhaps the you should "learn to read" the thread itself before posting something completely off-topic.

You lick Obama's sweaty nutsack on a daily basis- LOL Do you actually think you're fooling anyone here? In regard to my response, the OPs title is about a DYING GOP-- wtf does that have to do with the article>???? Where's your outrage leftist?? Questions to the OP? You're so obvious.

You're not the forum police. This isn't a tyrannical forum. I can say whatever the hell I choose to on the OP's asinine thread title.. Do I need to draw you a picture?

You lick Obama's sweaty nutsack on a daily basis- LOL Do you actually think you're fooling anyone here? In regard to my response, the OPs title is about a DYING GOP-- wtf does that have to do with the article>???? Where's your outrage leftist?? Questions to the OP? You're so obvious.

If you actually read the article and had two brain cells to run together you'd know.

If you actually read the article and had two brain cells to run together you'd know.

If you actually created a thread with a title that demonstrated your ability to discern your own subject matter perhaps you wouldn't need remedial English courses for basic 2nd grade parts of speech, you dumbazz.

Politics is a game of "dirty tricks". It's not unique to either party.

Correct. Dirty tricks aren't unique to either party but please don't try to sell it like they are equally bad. In today's world we have one party that is much worse than the other in this regard.....and that party is the GOP.

I live in Virginia and trust me when I say that any amount of redistricting here does not matter. There are 6 or so island's of democrat voters (all of northern Virginia, Richmond, and other densely populated areas), and the rest is hardcore republican. Maybe redistricting will make current seats more secure but it's not going to swing any seats to either party.

And I'll add that the trend over the last decade or so leans Senate and Presidential voting towards blue.

If you actually created a thread with a title that demonstrated your ability to discern your own subject matter perhaps you wouldn't need remedial English courses for basic 2nd grade parts of speech, you dumbazz.

You seem upset.

Good.

You're not the forum police. This isn't a tyrannical forum. I can say whatever the hell I choose to on the OP's asinine thread title.. Do I need to draw you a picture?

You know, that's pretty funny. Because, you know - at least in some sense, I am the "forum police".

But you're right, this isn't a "tyrannical forum", and you can say whatever the hell you choose.

Just as I can say whatever the hell I choose in response - including pointing out the fact that you clearly hadn't read the post that you were responding to.

I live in Virginia and trust me when I say that any amount of redistricting here does not matter. There are 6 or so island's of democrat voters (all of northern Virginia, Richmond, and other densely populated areas), and the rest is hardcore republican. Maybe redistricting will make current seats more secure but it's not going to swing any seats to either party.

And I'll add that the trend over the last decade or so leans Senate and Presidential voting towards blue.

What is happening is the GOP is doing whatever it can to cling to power in VA as it makes it's change to a blue state.

You know, that's pretty funny. Because, you know - at least in some sense, I am the "forum police".

But you're right, this isn't a "tyrannical forum", and you can say whatever the hell you choose.

Just as I can say whatever the hell I choose in response - including pointing out the fact that you clearly hadn't read the post that you were responding to.

No you're not.. You're a moderator.. NOT THE FORUM POLICE. - You can point to the sun goes down liberal.. I don't give the first good damn about what you think. Now go play with your Obama paperdolls and troll elsewhere.

Forum List

Back