More revisionism

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A63182-2005Apr18.html>Don't like the numbers...? Don't publish them!</a></h1></center>

True to form, Dubbyuh's administration has once more decided that since it didn't like the numbers, it won't publish the data. This in reference to the State Department's annual report on international terrorism. After being forced to recant the rosy picture that was painted in 2003's report when the truth was revealed (<i>acts of internationl terrorism actually <b>increased</b> rather than decreased</i>) State will no longer publish those statistics.

According to Richard Boucher at State, those stats will be published by the newly created National Counterterrorism Center, but they're not sure where or when those reports will be published. I think we can assume that, given this Administrations penchant for compartmentalizing information which shows it in a bad light, that information will either never be published or classified so that it is never distributed to the public.

And speaking of terrorism, whatever happened to the daily "Terror Alerts"? There hasn't been one issued since the election. Could it be that they were simply a tool for manipulating the emotions of the public in the run-up to the election? Nah, that's too cynical even for me...

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h1><a href=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A63182-2005Apr18.html>Don't like the numbers...? Don't publish them!</a></h1></center>

True to form, Dubbyuh's administration has once more decided that since it didn't like the numbers, it won't publish the data. This in reference to the State Department's annual report on international terrorism. After being forced to recant the rosy picture that was painted in 2003's report when the truth was revealed (<i>acts of internationl terrorism actually <b>increased</b> rather than decreased</i>) State will no longer publish those statistics.

According to Richard Boucher at State, those stats will be published by the newly created National Counterterrorism Center, but they're not sure where or when those reports will be published. I think we can assume that, given this Administrations penchant for compartmentalizing information which shows it in a bad light, that information will either never be published or classified so that it is never distributed to the public.

And speaking of terrorism, whatever happened to the daily "Terror Alerts"? There hasn't been one issued since the election. Could it be that they were simply a tool for manipulating the emotions of the public in the run-up to the election? Nah, that's too cynical even for me...

What's the problem? If the danger from terrorism increases, I'm sure they will notify us of the change. Annnouncing the same status daily could serve to create a state of apathy. As for the stats, I assumed the media just made em up any way if they didn't like em.

Forum List

Back