More Republican Gay Bashing

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
Rick Snyder Signs Domestic Partner Benefits Ban For Michigan Public Employees

Gov. Rick Snyder signed legislation Thursday banning domestic partner benefits for state employees. Snyder, however, vetoed a portion of the legislation that would have affected public university employees.

A 2004 amendment to the state Constitution prohibits marriage for same-sex couples in Michigan. Until now, state employees enjoyed domestic partner benefits only since January of this year.

Three local school districts, and five city and county governments, including the City of Detroit, also provide domestic partner benefits for public employees.

The Republican-dominated state legislature passed the package of legislation banning domestic partner benefits earlier this month, with the majority of Democrats voting in opposition.

There had been special concern that the portion of the bills affecting public university employees would be found unconstitutional. Under Michigan's state constitution, public colleges and universities are self-governing and can set their own rules.

The state Senate attempted to address this concern it its version of the bills, but GOP House lawmakers said the Senate amendment exempting public colleges and universities from the ban was irrelevant. House Republicans said their version of the bills defined "public employees" through the Public Employees Relations Act (PERA), which includes employees of universities, MIRS reported.

Snyder on Thursday signed H.B. 4770 but vetoed H.B. 4771, the bill that would have amended PERA to include public university employees in the domestic partner benefits ban.

Several universities, including the University of Michigan, have been outspoken about opposing the ban.

The University of Michigan argued that if passed, the ban would precipitate a brain drain from the state's academic community. Seven professors wrote a letter to Synder urging him to veto the portion of the bills that would affect universities.

Proponents of the legislation said it would save the state $8 million per year. But critics said a ban would have a broader negative impact on Michigan's economy. During House testimony on the bills, Jay Kaplan, a staff attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union, said the legislation might cost the state more money in related court costs.

"The governor and legislature have been working hard to address the spiraling costs of health care and other post-retirement benefits over the past year," the governor's office said in a statement. "This is a continuation of those fiscal measures."

Rick Snyder Signs Domestic Partner Benefits Ban For Michigan Public Employees

Well, since it's just a matter of cost, let's just take the benefits away from the faggots. Faggots don't deserve any benefits anyway. All this from the God Party. I'm surprised they didn't suggest taking benefits away from all the "*******" and "Spics" too.

Santorum compares two law abiding, adult, patriotic working men who pay taxes and in love with each other to "man/dog" sex.

Santorum: ‘I stand by’ my ‘man on dog’ comment

It's worse than the "man child/born in Kenya" bullshit that Republicans spew about Obama.

They are one enormous group of people that simply "LOVE" to "HATE".

You're a fucking liar and a racist.

Santorum: “Because I believe what the Catholic Church teaches with respect to homosexuality?—?I’m a bigot. So, now I’m a bigot, because I believe what the Bible teaches. Now, what two thousand years of, of teaching and moral theology is now bigoted!

I'm a liar and a racist for repeating what Republicans say? What does that make them?

Oops.:dance::mm::boohoo::eusa_boohoo::clap::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Santorum compares two law abiding, adult, patriotic working men who pay taxes and in love with each other to "man/dog" sex.

Santorum: ‘I stand by’ my ‘man on dog’ comment

It's worse than the "man child/born in Kenya" bullshit that Republicans spew about Obama.

They are one enormous group of people that simply "LOVE" to "HATE".

Santorum: “Because I believe what the Catholic Church teaches with respect to homosexuality?—?I’m a bigot. So, now I’m a bigot, because I believe what the Bible teaches. Now, what two thousand years of, of teaching and moral theology is now bigoted!

I'm a liar and a racist for repeating what Republicans say? What does that make them?

Oops.

I didn't say that. I said you're a liar and a racist.
It was a general, all encompassing observation.
Oh, and you're a dumb-fuck too.

Oops.

I didn't say that. I said you're a liar and a racist.
It was a general, all encompassing observation.
Oh, and you're a dumb-fuck too.

You didn't say that? Odd, because all I did was repeat what Republicans had to say. How does that make me a liar and racist for repeating their words, but not them? I didn't edit anything. I simply pointed out their positions on the issues. Santorum is definitely "mainstream" Republican. No way around that.

:lol::finger3::laugh::scared1:

Forget about the imploding economy and endless war, gay drama is serious business.

Endless war ????

Chickenhawking-Warmonger Obama has our men and women involved in NINE global conflicts at the moment..................

How is this gay bashing?

It's not.

So it would be okay to take benefits away from "*******" and "Spics" too, and let the "Whiteys" keep theirs, right? Or would that be considered racist? Or is it that you accept "*******" and "Spics" as human beings but not faggots and dykes? Just curious.

You've shown that you're comfortable with some of the more hateful parts of the English language.

Now please go learn the meaning of some of the more mainstream terms, such as "bashing".

Then perhaps a constructive dialogue could occur.

It's not.

So it would be okay to take benefits away from "*******" and "Spics" too, and let the "Whiteys" keep theirs, right? Or would that be considered racist? Or is it that you accept "*******" and "Spics" as human beings but not faggots and dykes? Just curious.

You've shown that you're comfortable with some of the more hateful parts of the English language.

Now please go learn the meaning of some of the more mainstream terms, such as "bashing".

Seriously, these people have to learn the "code". You don't say the "N" word. You say, "Man child" or "Boy King" or "Kenyan Mau Mau". See? It's easy.

The problem for Republicans is that many of these "codes" are new. They left behind all kinds of quotes with the "old words". Too bad we have "recordings" and "videotape".

Rick Santorum’s Top Ten Most-Offensive Anti-Gay Comments

The Story Behind Ron Paul's Racist Newsletters

Rick Perry's "Niggerhead"

It's not.

So if a politician is advocating for rights for gays, they're "Straight Bashing," asswipe?

No asswipe. White heterosexuals do not have to advocate for their rights, or have you not figured this out yet? The ones who must advocate for their rights are those who are denied the rights that white heterosexuals like you and I take for granted.

It's not.

I'm just using terms that those on the right seem to be the most comfortable with. And if you don't want to call it bashing, then let's just call it discrimination. Or don't you like that term either?

Did you ever think that maybe gays would just like to be treated with as much respect as anyone else? Oh I forgot, gays are not like everyone else, so they don't deserve any respect.

So if a politician is advocating for rights for gays, they're "Straight Bashing," asswipe?

No asswipe. White heterosexuals do not have to advocate for their rights, or have you not figured this out yet? The ones who must advocate for their rights are those who are denied the rights that white heterosexuals like you and I take for granted.

White people have different rights than asswipes like you do ?

Is there a second Bill of Rights you're not sharing, asswipe?

Forum List

Back