More record heat

The hottest day ever recorded in Connecticut....

No matter how you say it, the simple fact is it is hot, as Connecticut and the rest of the Northeast suffer a major heat wave.

The temperature at Bradley Airport was at 102 degrees late Tuesday afternoon. That ties all-time record high recorded at Bradley in August of 2001 and July of 1996. The heat index, which factors humidity into the equation, was expected to make it feel 105 degrees or more.

Record Heat in Connecticut | NBC Connecticut

Yep it's allways much warmer at airports (all that tarmac and cement don't you know). I wonder what the temps were 15 miles out of town?

any explanation on why it's always the hottest, coldest, wetest, dryest, etc here people?

~S~

More record heat in Canada...

Victoria broke a 58-year record of 28.3 with a 33.2-degree heat wave yesterday.

Abbotsford reached 33.6 degrees, compared to its 1985 temperature of 30.7.

Hot again today, the mercury in Squamish hit 34.6, doing away with 1985's 30.4 degrees.

And out at Vancouver’s airport, the temperature shot to 28.1 degrees, beating its old July 8 record, also in 1985, of 27.5.

How long will the summer’s first heat wave last?

More record highs as B.C.'s heat beats the rest of Canada's

Heat streak peaks, setting more records

The National Weather Service says high-temperature records were set Thursday in Seattle, Olympia and Bellingham as Western Washington's streak of hot weather reached its peak.

The National Weather Service says high temperature records were set Thursday in Seattle, Olympia and Bellingham as Western Washington's streak of hot weather reached its peak.

Meteorologist Chris Burke says the high at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport was 95, breaking the old mark for the day of 87 in 1985. Olympia's high of 95 broke the old record of 94, set in 1952. And Bellingham's 88 degrees broke the record of 85, also set in 1952.

Local News | Heat streak peaks, setting more records | Seattle Times Newspaper

Yes yes record heat, blah, blah, the end is nigh....

So, care to enlighten me as to why this instance of weather is indicative of climate but the record cooling a year ago was not?.....

I've explained it many times here.

The Sun just went through it's lowest level of activity in 80 years.

And the heat is back...

Hot again today, the mercury in Squamish hit 34.6, doing away with 1985's 30.4 degrees.

And out at Vancouver’s airport, the temperature shot to 28.1 degrees, beating its old July 8 record, also in 1985, of 27.5.

Wow, and yet it was record low highs for almost the entire central coast of California. Santa Barbara was a paltry 61 degrees and it's a south facing beach so should have been much warmer. Same for Ventura, and Carpinteria, and Santa Maria and San Luis Obispo, and Paso Robles, and Salinas, and San Lose etc. etc.

In other words wherever you find record warmth I can find record cold...and what does it mean?

Why not a bloody thing of course! See the prior thread dealing with the claims from 1969 where it is found that the cultists were fantastically wrong on every prediction in one case by 2950% (a record I daresay:lol:).

Wow, and yet it was record low highs for almost the entire central coast of California. Santa Barbara was a paltry 61 degrees and it's a south facing beach so should have been much warmer. Same for Ventura, and Carpinteria, and Santa Maria and San Luis Obispo, and Paso Robles, and Salinas, and San Lose etc. etc.

In other words wherever you find record warmth I can find record cold...and what does it mean?

Why not a bloody thing of course! See the prior thread dealing with the claims from 1969 where it is found that the cultists were fantastically wrong on every prediction in one case by 2950% (a record I daresay:lol:).

Running scared I see...

Changing the subject won't change the reality.

Running scared I see...

Changing the subject won't change the reality.

Hardly, the only people running scared are you cultists:lol::lol::lol: You folks have been preaching doom and gloom for 41 YEARS now and still no joy. Especially you with your pompous it's going to happen dirge. Get real. It hasn't happened yet, and it never will.

And where exactly did I change the subject? Seems to be all related as far as I can see.

And please note it took 58 YEARS to break the record in Victoria, yep that's some blistering heating going there for sure...

Poor Connery, if only he knew how you were abusing his image...poor sod.

Last edited:
The Northeast faced a fourth day of a record-breaking heat wave on Wednesday, after triple-digit temperatures tested power supplies throughout the region and tried the patience and resilience of anyone who dared to venture outside.

For the second straight day, New York City set a record high for the day and utilities warned that the length and intensity of this heat wave was testing the limits of their systems.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/08/nyregion/08heat.html?src=mv

What an asshat.............its called a "heat wave". Been happenning all my life.........and thats a long time.

And to boot...........it snowed last week in New Hampshire ( google it s0ns)

So whats the point of the thread???

Temperature sets record for highest low — and it’s getting hotter

Monday, July 12, 2010 | 10:17 a.m.

This morning was the warmest ever in Las Vegas for today's date.

The National Weather Service said the city set a record high minimum temperature at McCarran International Airport. The low dropped only to 88 degrees, forecasters said.

The record high minimum was previously 85 degrees, set in 2002, according to weather service records. The normal low for Las Vegas on July 12 is 78 degrees.

Temperature sets record for highest low -- and it's getting hotter - Monday, July 12, 2010 | 10:17 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

And the temps in Southern California and Central California and hell Northern California have been much lower than the norm and have in fact set record lows.

Also the Formula One races have been the recipients of "unseasonably Cool Temperatures in Oz, Malaysia, Spain, and Turkey to name a few.

It's called weather.

The heat is on a 7-year-old weather record in Denver tomorrow, as forecasters predict the mercury to taunt the 100-degree mark.

The hottest July 13 on record is 100 degrees set in 2003, according to the National Weather Service. Tuesday's forecast calls for an afternoon high of 98 degrees.

The normal temperature for the date is 88 degrees, according to weather records.

Denver is expected to swelter for the next week with daily high temperatures in the low to mid 90s well into next week, forecasters said.

Tuesday could bring record heat for Denver - The Denver Post

July's recent heat spike followed a June that also set records. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reported that record-warm June temperatures occurred in Delaware, New Jersey and North Carolina; which had average temperatures 5 to 6 degrees above average. Seventeen other states had temperatures that ranked among their 10 warmest for June.

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Rhode Island experienced their warmest January-June period on record, while eight other states had a top-10 warm January-June period, says NOAA. The average temperature nationally in June was 71.4 degrees, 2.2 degrees warmer than the 20th century average, making it the eighth warmest June in 116 years, according to the National Climatic Data Center.

Heat strikes farms, consumers - USATODAY.com

Yep. Weather. And when you have enough years of it, it is called climate. And when the climate has warmed signicantly for 180 years, it is called a warming climate. And that climate is controlled by forcings. Solar radiation, orbitual and planetary inclination, and retained heat from GHGs.

The TSI has changed but little in the last 180 years, in fact, has declined slightly in the last 30 years. The Milankovic Cycles have started what would normally be a slow decline toward another ice age. Only the GHGs have increased, and that increase is what has caused the increase in temperature, exceeding the other forcings.

Yep. Weather. And when you have enough years of it, it is called climate. And when the climate has warmed signicantly for 180 years, it is called a warming climate. And that climate is controlled by forcings. Solar radiation, orbitual and planetary inclination, and retained heat from GHGs.

The TSI has changed but little in the last 180 years, in fact, has declined slightly in the last 30 years. The Milankovic Cycles have started what would normally be a slow decline toward another ice age. Only the GHGs have increased, and that increase is what has caused the increase in temperature, exceeding the other forcings.

So you should have no problem whatsoever showing us in a lab how a 400PPM increase in sensitive CO2 will raise the temperature by a degree or two, right?

Forum List

Back