More record heat

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Record heat roasts Las Vegas valley

110 degrees a high mark for June 6, agency says

By LAWRENCE MOWER LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

A high-pressure system brought record high temperatures Sunday, with record temperatures expected to continue today .

Temperatures reached 110 degrees, two degrees higher than the previous record for June 6, set in 2002, according to the National Weather Service.

And Sunday was the earliest the valley has ever recorded a 110-degree day.

Record heat roasts Las Vegas valley - News - ReviewJournal.com

Last edited:
Sunday was the second consecutive day of record heat in Flagstaff for early June, with the mercury topping out at 90 degrees at Pulliam Airport.

Larry Riggs of the National Weather Service in Bellemont said the old record of 87 was set back in 2002.

Saturday also saw a record set for the date when the high reached 88 degrees.

Heat sets another record

Here in Portland temperatures are 12* below normal.

And I am getting very tired of it.

It got up to 63* today. Usually it is in the 80s.

Record reached Sunday; triple-digit days ahead

By Diana Washington Valdez and Daniel Borunda \ El Paso Times
Posted: 06/07/2010 12:00:00 AM MDT

El Pasoans using more energy, water as temps riseDry times: Don't be careless with fireCity pools expect busy summerHeat wave: Brief reprieve ends as high is expected to hit 103 todayHot, muggy weather continuesEl Paso hits record high temp of 110 degrees todayFirefighters rescue three adults, one infant in separate heat-related incidentsHigh of 107 expected today; heat advisory in effectHigh temperature on Saturday breaks 1980 recordHeat advisory as temps climb to 100+ over next few daysTask force fans out to prevent weather tragediesElectricity demand surges with temperatureTriple-digit heat comes early to parts of TexasFind shelter: 100 degree temps returnEL PASO -- A mountain hike in record heat turned into a rescue Sunday afternoon as the city baked in record 110-degree temperatures.

Authorities on both sides of the border continue to warn residents to take precautions as the extreme heat is expected to last for the next few days.

Record reached Sunday; triple-digit days ahead - El Paso Times

Wow you gonna tell us the weather every day now?... I ask you what does daily local weather have to do with overall planetary climate??

There is weather; what the temperature, humidity, barometric pressure is now and or locally..

And then there is Climate; what the planetary, long term and global temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure is doing..

I thought you were all bout the science man...

May 2010 UAH Global Temperature Update: +0.53 deg. C. Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

The global-average lower tropospheric temperature remains warm: +0.53 deg. C for May, 2010. The linear trend since 1979 is now +0.14 deg. C per decade.Tropics picked up a bit, but SSTs indicate El Nino has ended and we may be headed to La Nina. NOAA issued a La Nina Watch yesterday.

In the race for the hottest calendar year, 1998 still leads with the daily average for 1 Jan to 31 May being +0.65 C in 1998 compared with +0.59 C for 2010. (Note that these are not considered significantly different.) As of 31 May 2010, there have been 151 days in the year. From our calibrated daily data, we find that 1998 was warmer than 2010 on 96 of them.

Weather is no way to judge climate... But then you don't care you have an agenda to push..

Hmmm....... 2000 to 2009, warmest decade on record. 1990 to 1999, second warmest decade. 1980 to 1989, third warmest decade. 2010, starting this decade with a year that may well eclipse 1998 and 2005 for warmth. And the polar ice is headed for a new record, probably both in low volume and low coverage.

31 years of weather, sounds kind of like climate, Suckeee..... old boy.

Hmmm....... 2000 to 2009, warmest decade on record. 1990 to 1999, second warmest decade. 1980 to 1989, third warmest decade. 2010, starting this decade with a year that may well eclipse 1998 and 2005 for warmth. And the polar ice is headed for a new record, probably both in low volume and low coverage.

31 years of weather, sounds kind of like climate, Suckeee..... old boy.

According to whom? And using what methods? And even if it is correct (which it isn't) it is insignificant in terms of overall climate rate of change... ice ages take 100's of years to even get a start, and so would warming trends, you cannot arbitrarily say this is some thing out of the ordinary when you have no idea what the ordinary is..

You are done tool..

Weather is no way to judge climate... But then you don't care you have an agenda to push..

Isn't that "the pot calling the kettle black"? Think we'll find some comments on the weather from last winter? Seems that you and some other genii thought that disproved GW. Give it a rest. You haven't contributed anything to this discussion in ages.

Isn't that "the pot calling the kettle black"? Think we'll find some comments on the weather from last winter? Seems that you and some other genii thought that disproved GW. Give it a rest. You haven't contributed anything to this discussion in ages.

Oh really socko???

GOt a link for any of that with me in it? Love to see it cause I didn't join until march 26th.... LOL but then what do you care you're the forum idiot anyway..LOL

Come on, dingleberry, less yap-yap, more substance in your defense of denial of reality.

Dude every time you try this you have failed miserably and resorted to suing socks and proxies to bury it... So go fuck yourself you useless PR tool... When you post something not already beaten to dust I may respond with some effort.. Until then kiss my ass you get no more free lessons from me...

The global-average lower tropospheric temperature remains warm: +0.53 deg. C for May, 2010. The linear trend since 1979 is now +0.14 deg. C per decade.Tropics picked up a bit, but SSTs indicate El Nino has ended and we may be headed to La Nina. NOAA issued a La Nina Watch yesterday.

In the race for the hottest calendar year, 1998 still leads with the daily average for 1 Jan to 31 May being +0.65 C in 1998 compared with +0.59 C for 2010. (Note that these are not considered significantly different.) As of 31 May 2010, there have been 151 days in the year. From our calibrated daily data, we find that 1998 was warmer than 2010 on 96 of them.
Ah... roy spenser,. Sciences' answer to Bernie Maddhof.

And weather for today here in Portland is 15 degrees below normal. High today is 68. Dark and gloomy, like a Nuebarth post, but thankfully without elderly guys shirtless. I have had my fill of it.

Last edited:
Well, I could post what Dr. James Hansen has to say. But Dr. Spencer has for long been the ditto heads favorite scientist. Now that he has the negative and positive signs sorted out, he seems to have fallen out of favor with those that would deny reality.

las-vegas-snow.jpg

Forum List

Back