More record heat....

jump in a lake---ya got a million of em----oooops---my bad--you call em "ponds".

yah yah yah..... the ponds are lakes, the hills are mountains, everything big is considered small up here! hahahahaha!

closet "pond" is a mile away! I do have a vernal pool on the property but it is filled with marsh grass too and creepy creatures like salamanders.

Get any black fly bites? I got one on Thursday, on my face/cheek no less, and it swelled out to a golf ball....I am sooooooooooo allergic to the sun of a bees..... :eek:

not so much a skeeter bite and that includes hiking through the woods and up a couple a mountains that I can't pronounce. Your bugs are highly over rated.

:rofl:

I think they are horrible! Never leave the house without bug spray on and they still manage to get me!

maybe you are just not tasty?:eusa_eh:

From the first site;

Oceans are cooling according to NASA
Two separate studies through NASA confirm that since 2003, the world's oceans have been losing heat. In the peak of the recent warming trend, 1998 actually ranked 2nd to 1934 as the warmest year on record.

When someone outright lies in the first paragraph, one need go no further. 1934 was a record year for the US, less than 2% of the worlds surface. It was not a record for the rest of the world.

No reason to read the rest of the links. You have established the level that you are posting on.

Damn is it hot here in Massachusetts.
I mean ... HOT!
We're hovering in the low to mid 90's.
Thankfully there is a nice breeze because if there wasn't ... we'd be melting like the wicked witch of the west.

From the first site;

Two separate studies through NASA confirm that since 2003, the world's oceans have been losing heat. In the peak of the recent warming trend, 1998 actually ranked 2nd to 1934 as the warmest year on record.

When someone outright lies in the first paragraph, one need go no further. 1934 was a record year for the US, less than 2% of the worlds surface. It was not a record for the rest of the world.

No reason to read the rest of the links. You have established the level that you are posting on.

Sure..... whatever you say.
I couldnt find where it said temps were only taken in The US... If you choose to close your ears to a viewpoint other than yours, thats your right. (to be ignorant)

From the first site;

Old Fraud,

Nearly everything you post is BS so you are not one to speak.

From the first site;

Sure..... whatever you say.
I couldnt find where it said temps were only taken in The US... If you choose to close your ears to a viewpoint other than yours, thats your right. (to be ignorant)

Here is more information and the links to the sources of the information.

In a short time, maybe even this year, the record year of 1934 will be eclipsed.

1934 is the hottest year on record
Link to this pageThe skeptic argument...1934 - hottest year on record

"In August 2007, Steve McIntyre noticed a strange discontinuity in US temperature data, occurring around January 2000. McKintyre notified NASA who acknowledged the problem as an 'oversight' that would be fixed in the next data refresh. The warmest year on US record is now 1934. 1998 (long trumpeted by the media as record-breaking) moves to second place." (Daily Tech).

1934 is the hottest year on record

What the science says...
1934 is the hottest year on record in the USA which only comprises 2% of the globe. According to NASA temperature records, the hottest year on record globally is 2005.

Steve McIntyre's discovery of a glitch in the GISS temperature data is an impressive achievement. Make no mistake, it's an embarrassing error on the part of NASA. But what is the significance?

NASA's "Y2K" glitch
Contrary to many reports, the error wasn't a Y2K bug but a mixup over data corrections with the NOAA. NASA GISS obtain much of their temperature data from the NOAA who adjust the data to filter out primarily time-of-observation bias (although their corrections also include inhomogeneities and urban warming - more on NOAA adjustments). From January 2000, NASA were mistakenly using unadjusted data.

USA temperature versus global temperature trends
What is often overlooked is the temperature adjustments only applied to temperatures in 48 U.S. states. As the USA comprises only 2% of the globe, this has had infinitesimal effect on global trends.

The graph below (courtesy of Open Mind) compares the global temperature trend from before and after adjustments. Before the error was discovered, the trend was 0.185°C/decade. After corrections were made, the trend was still 0.185°C/decade. The change to the global mean was less than one thousandth of a degree.

Forum List

Back