More record heat....

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
The heat spike will match temps we briefly saw in April, according to the National Weather Service. In fact, last month was the warmest April on record dating back to the 1800s, according to meteorologist Phil Bachmann.

Heat wave coming to NYC: Forecast calls for temperature to hit mid-90s

In nearby Canada, Montreal and Ottawa will suffer record heat, and temperatures across northern Ontario into northwestern Quebec could reach the 95-degree mark.

AccuWeather.com - Weather News | Record warmth in store for parts of the East

NEW DELHI: This summer, it's India Blazing. The soaring mercury has also exacted a severe human toll. In Vidarbha, 32 people are reported to have died from heat. Three CRPF jawans died in Gwalior on Monday due to heatstroke during a training programme. The maximum temperature on the day was 46.7 degrees.

Weather experts say several factors have gone into making this a summer of unprecedented heat. Globally, 2010 so far has been the hottest year on record. An Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology studied had shown that the year following an El Nino — which became active last year — is marked by particularly hot spring and summer in India. That's turning out to be the case, with both March and April being among the hottest on record. A severely hot May has only added to the trend.

Temperature soaring due to lack of thundershowers: Met officials - India - The Times of India

Monday's heat blast: Not just a record high, but a record-high low
Star Tribune

Last update: May 25, 2010 - 11:03 PM

Not only was the high of 95 degrees in the Twin Cities a record-breaker, the low -- 72 in the early morning hours -- also broke a record.

Previously, the highest low for May 24 had been 67, set in 2006, according to the National Weather Service.

To put Monday's smothering heat in perspective: The morning low is 1 degree below the average high for the date.

Monday's heat blast: Not just a record high, but a record-high low | StarTribune.com

"The combined global land and ocean surface temperature for January–April period was the warmest January-April period on record. This value is 0.69°C (1.24°F) above the 20th century average.

"Separately, the worldwide land surface temperature ranked as the third warmest on record, behind 2007 (warmest) and 2002 (second warmest), while the worldwide ocean surface temperature ranked as the second warmest January–April on record—behind 1998."

Maryland Weather: Jan. - April was planet's warmest on record - Sun reporter Frank Roylance blogs on meteorology - baltimoresun.com

Gawd... I knew as soon as the weather warmed up the moonbats would start up with the global warming bullshit.
No matter that it has snowed more in south Texas in the last several years than in any time in all my 43 years of living here.

Let the lunacy begin
:cuckoo:

Gawd... I knew as soon as the weather warmed up the moonbats would start up with the global warming bullshit.
No matter that it has snowed more in south Texas in the last several years than in any time in all my 43 years of living here.

Let the lunacy begin

No lunacy except for you.

There is a hole in the ozone bigger than Antarctica.

There is a garbage patch in the Pacific Ocean twice the size of Texas.

There is an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico larger than the state of Maryland.

And the polar ice cap is melting....

Only a lunatic would ignore what we are doing.

Let the lunacy begin

Uncle Al tell you a bed-time story again?

Last edited:

Let the lunacy begin

Uncle Al tell you a bed-time story again?

If that is your idea of a response, it pegs the lame meter.

It's a glorious day here in Maine.

Must be about 70 here and it's just after 7 AM.

These are the days that justify living here.

I gotta admit. The five days I was up there were gorgeous but people were already bitching about the heat when it got in the 80's. The lack of anything crowded was heaven tho.

Can some one please explain to me how 2 winters in a row of increased ice and colder temps, were no way to judge AGW and climate because it was too short a time to do so... Yet January to April (April being the actual warm one)of one season when its warmer is a definite sign of AGW in climate....

You unconscionable whores have no shame at all.... You will sit there and deny freezing temps and increased ice over two seasons being a sign AGW theory is flawed, and then when its a bit warmer for 2-3 months you will freak and say its evidence of AGW. Unbelievable...

I ask you straight up.... Is 2-3 months any way to judge the climate for a year? Is it any way to judge climate for a decade? How about to make sweeping claims its a sign of global warming?

Don't run from a challenge this time, answer it....

I gotta admit. The five days I was up there were gorgeous but people were already bitching about the heat when it got in the 80's. The lack of anything crowded was heaven tho.

Did you have fun?

Pictures Please!

oh, and it is hot as hell today....the inside house is 77 at 8 am no less, and Matt has not put in the air conditioners yet! bwhahhhhhhh! :D

the hubby and me were on vacation the past week as well, i got lots of maine pics to post from the last week...got some pics of some seals sun bathing too!

oh, and it is hot as hell today....the inside house is 77 at 8 am no less, and Matt has not put in the air conditioners yet! bwhahhhhhhh! :D

the hubby and me were on vacation the past week as well, i got lots of maine pics to post from the last week...got some pics of some seals sun bathing too!

jump in a lake---ya got a million of em----oooops---my bad--you call em "ponds".

The heat spike will match temps we briefly saw in April, according to the National Weather Service. In fact, last month was the warmest April on record dating back to the 1800s, according to meteorologist Phil Bachmann.

Heat wave coming to NYC: Forecast calls for temperature to hit mid-90s

In nearby Canada, Montreal and Ottawa will suffer record heat, and temperatures across northern Ontario into northwestern Quebec could reach the 95-degree mark.

AccuWeather.com - Weather News | Record warmth in store for parts of the East

NEW DELHI: This summer, it's India Blazing. The soaring mercury has also exacted a severe human toll. In Vidarbha, 32 people are reported to have died from heat. Three CRPF jawans died in Gwalior on Monday due to heatstroke during a training programme. The maximum temperature on the day was 46.7 degrees.

Weather experts say several factors have gone into making this a summer of unprecedented heat. Globally, 2010 so far has been the hottest year on record. An Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology studied had shown that the year following an El Nino — which became active last year — is marked by particularly hot spring and summer in India. That's turning out to be the case, with both March and April being among the hottest on record. A severely hot May has only added to the trend.

Temperature soaring due to lack of thundershowers: Met officials - India - The Times of India

Monday's heat blast: Not just a record high, but a record-high low
Star Tribune

Last update: May 25, 2010 - 11:03 PM

Not only was the high of 95 degrees in the Twin Cities a record-breaker, the low -- 72 in the early morning hours -- also broke a record.

Previously, the highest low for May 24 had been 67, set in 2006, according to the National Weather Service.

To put Monday's smothering heat in perspective: The morning low is 1 degree below the average high for the date.

Monday's heat blast: Not just a record high, but a record-high low | StarTribune.com

One day of 90 plus temps does not a heat wave make. Weekend looks freaking awsome.

10 Day Weather Forecast for Middle Village, NY (11379) - weather.com

jump in a lake---ya got a million of em----oooops---my bad--you call em "ponds".

yah yah yah..... the ponds are lakes, the hills are mountains, everything big is considered small up here! hahahahaha!

closet "pond" is a mile away! I do have a vernal pool on the property but it is filled with marsh grass too and creepy creatures like salamanders.

Get any black fly bites? I got one on Thursday, on my face/cheek no less, and it swelled out to a golf ball....I am sooooooooooo allergic to the sun of a bees..... :eek:

well, Maine has been 6 degrees above normal, each month of this year so far....

I have lived here 3 full years, this is our 4th Spring, and this is the warmest spring we have experienced in the 4 years....it is lovely!

yah yah yah..... the ponds are lakes, the hills are mountains, everything big is considered small up here! hahahahaha!

closet "pond" is a mile away! I do have a vernal pool on the property but it is filled with marsh grass too and creepy creatures like salamanders.

Get any black fly bites? I got one on Thursday, on my face/cheek no less, and it swelled out to a golf ball....I am sooooooooooo allergic to the sun of a bees..... :eek:

not so much a skeeter bite and that includes hiking through the woods and up a couple a mountains that I can't pronounce. Your bugs are highly over rated.

Forum List

Back