More record heat in the Northwest

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Temperatures climbed into triple-digit record territory Wednesday in Oregon, including a broiling 106 at The Dalles.

National Weather Service meteorologist Paul Tolleson says The Dalles' previous record for Aug. 19 was 103, set in 1967. Those records have been kept since 1948.

Medford also hit 106 but missed a record by one degree.

Eugene's high of 101 bested the previous record for the day of 100, set in 1939.

Portland, at 96 degrees, and Salem, at 99, also set records for the day.

AP Wire - Oregon | kgw.com | News for Portland Oregon and SW Washington

Wow ... you are an idiot ...

We finally started having a summer here ... in Seattle ... it's actually been below normal most of the year here. So ... taking in the whole "global" concept, it balances out with Portland.

Temperatures climbed into triple-digit record territory Wednesday in Oregon, including a broiling 106 at The Dalles.

National Weather Service meteorologist Paul Tolleson says The Dalles' previous record for Aug. 19 was 103, set in 1967. Those records have been kept since 1948.

Eugene's high of 101 bested the previous record for the day of 100, set in 1939.

more record stupid in virginia beach

:clap2:
go, kirky

Wow ... you are an idiot ...

We finally started having a summer here ... in Seattle ... it's actually been below normal most of the year here. So ... taking in the whole "global" concept, it balances out with Portland.

really?

National Weather Service - NWS Seattle

Sorry, I live here and have lived here most of my life (left for a decade then came back) ... a few years is not a trend ... try 30 years. Us natives know the difference. Last three years we had a heat streak ... this year we've had more rain ... just because some weather station with an ulterior motive says otherwise, does not make it true. Too bad I can't give you links to real life ... but them's the breaks.

This is so ridiculous. On any day, somewhere, a record for heat or cold is broken. It's statistically impossible for it not to happen.

I spend a lot of time in TD. Typically it's sweltering all summer long. This year it's been ridiculously cool, as it has here in my town, not many miles away. We finally are having some summer heat, late in the year.

106 is nothing here. I've been out in 110 and 116. No doubt also record heat days. I've also been in cold snaps that lasted weeks, with every day a record.

It means absofuckinglutely nothing. Except that Chris spends an inordinate time looking for places with record heat. Places that are hot in the summer always have a few record breakers...heat or cold that is unseasonal.

This is so ridiculous. On any day, somewhere, a record for heat or cold is broken. It's statistically impossible for it not to happen.

I spend a lot of time in TD. Typically it's sweltering all summer long. This year it's been ridiculously cool, as it has here in my town, not many miles away. We finally are having some summer heat, late in the year.

106 is nothing here. I've been out in 110 and 116. No doubt also record heat days. I've also been in cold snaps that lasted weeks, with every day a record.

It means absofuckinglutely nothing. Except that Chris spends an inordinate time looking for places with record heat. Places that are hot in the summer always have a few record breakers...heat or cold that is unseasonal.

They are comparing it to cherry picked years ... and not even that many. Our meteorologists did that for a bit ... until I emailed them and told them to put a damned native up there because none of theirs knew a damned thing ... then they finally did some research. Now we at least don't hear the "it's record breaking temps" crap anymore.

the Dalles is known to be hot in the summer and like Kitten said it has been a pretty mild summer her in the northwest, we have gotten more rain here then usual. We just have had break through hot days. This is nothing new around here.

This is the trend we seem to have around here, we have a brutal winter with lots of snow and then we have mild summer that doesn't really come around until august and then it is hot until october.
Then if it is hot all summer fall comes early.
We had a brutal summer and now we have had a mild summer with a few hot days, how much you want to bet we have an indian summer this year that last until october. Of course last time we had an indian summer like this year is looking like will happen we had Firestorm, where most of spokane, stevens, and Lincoln county were on fire. And guess what they say we are suppose to have a bad fire season this fall. WOW! Big surprise especially to someone who has lived in the northwest all their life.

This is the trend we seem to have around here, we have a brutal winter with lots of snow and then we have mild summer that doesn't really come around until august and then it is hot until october.
We had a brutal summer and now we have had a mild summer with a few hot days, how much you want to bet we have an indian summer this year that last until october. Of course last time we had an indian summer like this year is looking like will happen we had Firestorm, where most of spokane, stevens, and Lincoln county were on fire. And guess what they say we are suppose to have a bad fire season this fall. WOW! Big surprise especially to someone who has lived in the northwest all their life.

Two years ago we had a brutal summer, so to speak ... but yeah, fall came early that year to.

Two years ago we had a brutal summer, so to speak ... but yeah, fall came early that year to.
and how much you want to bet we have a late summer this year. but who knows it is the weather we are talking about.:eusa_eh:

and how much you want to bet we have a late summer this year. but who knows it is the weather we are talking about.:eusa_eh:

That's pretty much it ... it's likely we will have a late summer, but the weather is unpredictable, no matter how advanced the science gets, we just don't have computers yet capable of tracking all the variables more than a day or two in advance.

Forum List

Back