CDZ More re: Behaviors - What percentage of people on USMB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Mac has a point, even while his point is thoroughly lacking in nuance. The downside is, he's taken the intellectually lazy path of discussing posters, as opposed to actual politics or policies. And that is why, for as long as I have watched him doing his shtick, he contributed exactly nothing to "human individuals sorting information and doing critical thinking".

Well there is the problem that RATIONAL folks are seeing. You kinda nailed it, but it invalidates your contention about content.

If you're gonna diss a Prez for being an ambiguous Twitter bully -- you SHOULD probably stick to issues and solutions. But that's not what happens.... Since the drama IS largely intimidation and bullying and name-calling from our "leaders" -- that's the script these "public audience" actors follow..

Don't know how many posts I've read complaining about Trumps exaggerated, appeal to emotion, tweets. But -- the folks WRITING this dialogue are meaner, more distorted and less comprehensible than what they complaining about. It's NOT an improvement.

And that's because public participation as "cast extra actors" is improv.. Not scripted. Not professionally written. And the vast majority of it is garbage and nauseating imitation..

If you EVER see posters BREAKING with the massive "cast" to write anything profound or solution directing --- PLEASE let us know...

It's Shakespeare for the masses, but demeaned by allowing the riff raff to grab a "bit part" in the play...

Ah, but you see they have justified their own behaviors by saying Trump is "so outside the norm that they MUST behave the way they do"

The adult version of "he started it"

And of course it is entirely debatable that Trump started it anyway, but that's beside the point.

That's not rational adult behavior is it? BUT that's where we're heading. And that's why MAC was entirely helpful in trying to get to the ROOT of why folks think it's perfectly OK to skip issues and go right to savaging their opposition...

There IS no point to MIRRORING abhorrent behavior or human interaction other than to PROVOKE.

The fact that folks can't resist TROLLING and BRAWLING in a thread about why folks act so brutally in social media as opposed to IRL --- is why I'm losing faith in ALL social media --- including USMB...

You clowns have your fun as your culture and country dies. I'm tired of wiping baby butts.. See y'all in a better place when you come to your senses or after the Civil War...

FCT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back