More Racism Charges in the Obama Era...

And you really believe that he had nothing to do with the design of these bills?
yet you seem to believe he totally crafted it on his own

how many times do i have to tell you, he may have had input on it, but it was written in CONGRESS

thus Obama is not and was not the "author" of it

No, you did tell that before.

Who proposed this bill then? Was Obama & his administration not also proposing this bill to congress?

And yes I think Obama, his administration and some democrat friends (senators for example) designed this bill. Who else would have done it?
Nanci Pelosi on her own? :lol:
nope not by herself......you gotta get another monkey .....

You don't refer to a monkey as someone, because someone = a person.
This picture seems to insinuate that Obama = a monkey.

What a fucking moronic hypocrite,, you assholes referred to Bush as a chimp all the time... Can't take it? Don't dish it out.. simple..

So tell me genius, what is the joke?

I m not saying that it should be forbidden, it is just easy to see this as racist. Obama didn't do anything stupid according to average american standards that describe what stupid is, the majority of the american people also don't see him as stupid.

Since Obama did not WRITE the bill, then how does this refer to Obama at all?

What a fucking moronic hypocrite,, you assholes referred to Bush as a chimp all the time... Can't take it? Don't dish it out.. simple..

So tell me genius, what is the joke?

I m not saying that it should be forbidden, it is just easy to see this as racist. Obama didn't do anything stupid according to average american standards that describe what stupid is, the majority of the american people also don't see him as stupid.

Since Obama did not WRITE the bill, then how does this refer to Obama at all?
:eusa_whistle:

whats even more interesting is that he doesnt know that Obama DIDNT write the bill
POTUS dont write bills, CONGRESS does

Congress only signed (and adjusted) the bill, the Obama administration created it. It is you who is ignorant, not me.

You are completely ignorant. The President can not write ANY bill, EVER. And in fact 2 DIFFERENT bills were written, one in the house and one in the Senate. Obama even admitted it had things in it he did not want but that it was better then nothing.

I suggest you take a course on HOW the Government works, local Community Colleges generally have courses on exactly how the Federal legislature works as well as the powers and abilities of the Office of president.

Congress only signed (and adjusted) the bill, the Obama administration created it. It is you who is ignorant, not me.
really??

thats unconstitutional

unless you are wrong yet again

I m not 100% sure but I got the impression that the Obama administration created the design for the bill and that Congress only changed it so they could agree with it.

Why would it be unconstitutional for the Obama administration to design the bill? They do not force congress to agree upon it, do they? I m sure that the Bush administration also took part in designing their bills, but that doesn't mean that nothing gets changed in the bill.

Once again LEARN how our Government works. ONLY a Representative , a member of the House can submit a bill for consideration in the House. Only a Senator can submit a bill for consideration in the Senate. All the President can do is find a willing Congressperson to agree to actually write the bill. And last I checked few of them ever just take the information from someone else, they all make their own based on what the President asks.

Now using YOUR theory we can now totally blame Obama for every piece of pork spending in the bill. Since the Senate forced the House to cut back on the bill.

You heard it here folks, Munin has stated for the record Obama put all the pork in the bill.

The NAACP is now calling for the cartoonist who drew this picture to be fired.

I can't fucking stand the NAACP. If they say something is racist, there's no arguing it. It's all about how they feel, it has nothing to do with the TRUE INTENT OF THE GODDAMN CARTOON. Their website calls the cartoon "blatantly racist."

The only thing blatantly racist about this is the NAACP. Fuck them.

really??

thats unconstitutional

unless you are wrong yet again

I m not 100% sure but I got the impression that the Obama administration created the design for the bill and that Congress only changed it so they could agree with it.

Why would it be unconstitutional for the Obama administration to design the bill? They do not force congress to agree upon it, do they? I m sure that the Bush administration also took part in designing their bills, but that doesn't mean that nothing gets changed in the bill.

You heard it here folks, Munin has stated for the record Obama put all the pork in the bill.

You re simplifying it too much, it is not 100% what I said.

I said his administration (not only this one guy) made the general design of this bill. Congress adjusted the bill to their liking.

So the pork could be created in congress and/or by the obama admin. Maybe it is just easier for you to say just this: the democrats have put all the pork in the bill (since they all voted in favor). The Obama administration and Obama were probably most responsible for the general design but you also don't need to forget that I also said that Congress adjusted the bill and made the final version of it.

Only a Senator can submit a bill for consideration in the Senate. All the President can do is find a willing Congressperson to agree to actually write the bill.

Obama can also just give his bill to a senator if that senator agrees with Obama's views, or just ask Pelosi or Reid to introduce the bill.

Since the Senate forced the House to cut back on the bill.
That was because the House agreed to its own version of the bill and because otherwise the republican senators wouldn't have voted in the senate (that was a something that the republican senators have asked for as a precondition for their vote).

And in fact 2 DIFFERENT bills were written, one in the house and one in the Senate. Obama even admitted it had things in it he did not want but that it was better then nothing.
Yes 2 different versions of 1 (Obama administration designed) bill were agreed upon (where both institutions have put in and taken away things), the thing that it is "written" is an official word to describe when the senate "creates" (create does not mean invent in this case) a new senate/house bill: however this does not mean that it is something new, it may be a "new" bill for each institution but that only has to do with the introduction not with the fact that it was all designed by a senator himself or not.

Last edited:
Again for the criminally stupid, since Obama did not WRITE the bill, how does this cartoon refer to Obama at all?

To who does this cartoon refer to then?

And are you saying that you know the interpretation of the cartoon better then the cartoonist who made it? (he said it was about Obama)

Provide a quote for us to see where the cartoonist made that claim. It refers to Congress and the IDIOTS in Congress that wrote the bill, BUT I do agree Obama is as much to blame, claiming we were all doomed if he didn't get to spend BILLIONS for people that did not deserve it.

Ohh and besides the question of how 3 trillion dollars is a good idae to spend after bitching about Bush, how is lowering taxes a good idea when Obama has insisted originally and you all have claimed it was such a BAD idea? I mean that is your mantra, " Bush lowered taxes during a war" And guess what NOW Obama is doing it. Where is that outrage?

Provide a quote for us to see where the cartoonist made that claim. It refers to Congress and the IDIOTS in Congress that wrote the bill, BUT I do agree Obama is as much to blame, claiming we were all doomed if he didn't get to spend BILLIONS for people that did not deserve it.

Ohh and besides the question of how 3 trillion dollars is a good idae to spend after bitching about Bush, how is lowering taxes a good idea when Obama has insisted originally and you all have claimed it was such a BAD idea? I mean that is your mantra, " Bush lowered taxes during a war" And guess what NOW Obama is doing it. Where is that outrage?

Ah I see that I have misread that text where the editor "said" that it was about Obama, I found a text that was more clear about this and this is what he said:

Delonas, the cartoonist, said to CNN, "It's absolutely friggin ridiculous. Do you really think I'm saying Obama should be shot? I didn't see that in the cartoon. The chimpanzee was a major story in the Post. Every paper in New York, except The New York Times, covered the chimpanzee story. It's just ridiculous. It's about the economic stimulus bill. If you're going to make that about anybody, it would be [House Speaker Nancy] Pelosi, which it's not."
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/18/martin.cartoon/index.html

But I still find it not making sense, why would you compare those 2 events with each other?
I think the major problem is that it is not funny, like it was said in the youtube 2nd video on my post on the first page of this thread. They also made the good argument about "how is this going to be looked at in other countries around the world?".

And we all know that Obama has a major death threat problem because he is the first black man, so it does make sense to see that interpretation in it. And it is mostly called the Obama stimulus bill/package and much less called the Pelosi stimulus bill/package (although some seem to call it that too).

Last edited:
Calling for the murder of the POTUS offends me.

If it doesn't offend you, why not?

I absolutely KNEW a liberal would scream into this thread and claim racism regarding that cartoon.

First, Obama did not write the stimulus bill - Congressional leaders did, namely Pelosi and Reid. Obama signed the bill.

Second, there was the news story of the crazed chimp who had to be shot by police the day prior that was all over the media.

This cartoon simply linked the two events - a ridiculously formed stimulus bill and a stranger than fiction chimp story.

Last, how many years of directly offensive cartoons against Bush were seen - and applauded, but the mainstream media? And that is the big difference between liberals and conservatives - while I may not have always appreciated the attempted humor of many anti-Bush cartoons, I paid them little mind and would defend a cartoonists right to publish them. And in this case, the cartoon was not directly referencing Obama, but rather the simulus bill. The whining liberal defense mechanism to chant racism is just more victimization.

1organgrindingmonkeyboy.jpg

not just bush,,, remember the one of Condi,, "the parrott" and colin powell, the house *N*

It doesn't count when they say it about republicans.

Calling for the murder of the POTUS offends me.

If it doesn't offend you, why not?
<SNIP>Ah I see that I have misread that text where the editor "said" that it was about Obama, I found a text that was more clear about this and this is what he said:

Delonas, the cartoonist, said to CNN, "It's absolutely friggin ridiculous. Do you really think I'm saying Obama should be shot? I didn't see that in the cartoon. The chimpanzee was a major story in the Post. Every paper in New York, except The New York Times, covered the chimpanzee story. It's just ridiculous. It's about the economic stimulus bill. If you're going to make that about anybody, it would be [House Speaker Nancy] Pelosi, which it's not."
Commentary: NY Post cartoon is racist and careless - CNN.com

But I still find it not making sense, why would you compare those 2 events with each other?
I think the major problem is that it is not funny, like it was said in the youtube 2nd video on my post on the first page of this thread. They also made the good argument about "how is this going to be looked at in other countries around the world?".<SNIP>

It would offend me if that was what the cartoonist had in mind. I think the whole cartoon is inartful at best and carelessly insensitive at worse. But never for a moment did I think of Obama as the chimp/monkey, although had it been in the New York Times during the Bush Administration I surely would've seen some allusion to Bush. That might be because he was oftentimes shown as nothing more than a stupid monkey, and films were even made calling for his murder. But we were always reminded that tastelessness in political cartoons is less important than freedom of speech.

IMNSHO the chimp shooting in Ohio was the inspiration, but there is an old phrase that goes: "given enough time and enough monkeys, one could eventually produce the works of Shakespeare.... [or this stimulus bill] by accident." ....I.E. the "monkeys in congress" were being symbolized in the cartoon.

There is another phrase which describes this cartoon: "Too clever by half" which in essence means the person making a joke fails to be funny

but there is an old phrase that goes: "given enough time and enough monkeys, one could eventually produce the works of Shakespeare.... [or this stimulus bill] by accident." ....I.E. the "monkeys in congress" were being symbolized in the cartoon.

Yeah, I ve heard that monkey phrase too and some good answer-quote on that subject :tongue:

"We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true."
—Robert Wilensky

Ah I see that I have misread that text where the editor "said" that it was about Obama, I found a text that was more clear about this and this is what he said:

Commentary: NY Post cartoon is racist and careless - CNN.com

I think the major problem is that it is not funny, like it was said in the youtube 2nd video on my post on the first page of this thread. They also made the good argument about "how is this going to be looked at in other countries around the world?".

And we all know that Obama has a major death threat problem because he is the first black man, so it does make sense to see that interpretation in it. And it is mostly called the Obama stimulus bill/package and much less called the Pelosi stimulus bill/package (although some seem to call it that too).
you now must realize it shoots down your entire premise now, right?

Forum List

Back