More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Heating Degree days is still declining a sign of cooling ongoing.
You are correct.

And, I'm still trying to understand why CO2 is supposedly hotter in different sections of the globe if it is all the same temperature to the globe?

Hey JC.....Tommy.......got a ? for you guys........

So over the last decade or so here in New York, we continue to see summer temps almost steadily in the low - mid 80's. A "hot" day is 90 degree's. When I was a kid, we consistently saw temps in the middle 90's on many summer days.......I know because those days I was a the beach every weekend. Now that is rare and we NEVER see temps in the 100's like the old days.

Whats up with this?

Dont get me wrong.......the last few weeks have been miserably uncomfortable here with the constant humidity but thats always been. I just dont get that we dont ever see a real "heat wave" anymore...........

So over the last decade or so here in New York, we continue to see summer temps almost steadily in the low - mid 80's. A "hot" day is 90 degree's. When I was a kid, we consistently saw temps in the middle 90's on many summer days.......I know because those days I was a the beach every weekend. Now that is rare and we NEVER see temps in the 100's like the old days.

Whats up with this?

Dont get me wrong.......the last few weeks have been miserably uncomfortable here with the constant humidity but thats always been. I just dont get that we dont ever see a real "heat wave" anymore...........
definitely here in Chicago, we have more cool days than hot days. Let's take yesterday here, all day it was 88 degrees, muggy, I'm on the front deck this morning and it's 64 degrees very cool, coat weather. Only supposed to go to 75. Same through Friday, then Saturday to Monday back in the 90's. It's been cycling like that since I can remember.

definitely here in Chicago, we have more cool days than hot days. Let's take yesterday here, all day it was 88 degrees, muggy, I'm on the front deck this morning and it's 64 degrees very cool, coat weather. Only supposed to go to 75. Same through Friday, then Saturday to Monday back in the 90's. It's been cycling like that since I can remember.

In decades past JC, spending the day at the ocean ( only 20 minutes away for me ) during the summer was automatic from late-May through mid-September. Over the past 5 or 6 years, many days you cant go to the ocean for the day. When it is low-80s where I am, when you go to the ocean, the temperature is 10 degree's lower. Throw in a breeze and oftentimes, a pretty stiff wind and the beach is no fun. Last summer went 1X.....havent even been this summer yet. I am used to......in my lifetime......spending many, many days at the ocean. Its what you do in the summer here on Long Island.

Clearly this is having a huge impact on the public in their perception of temps......it just doesnt jive with the bomb thrower statements that the world is burning up. It supports my ongoing moniker......nobody is caring about climate change.

In decades past JC, spending the day at the ocean ( only 20 minutes away for me ) during the summer was automatic from late-May through mid-September. Over the past 5 or 6 years, many days you cant go to the ocean for the day. When it is low-80s where I am, when you go to the ocean, the temperature is 10 degree's lower. Throw in a breeze and oftentimes, a pretty stiff wind and the beach is no fun. Last summer went 1X.....havent even been this summer yet. I am used to......in my lifetime......spending many, many days at the ocean. Its what you do in the summer here on Long Island.

Clearly this is having a huge impact on the public in their perception of temps......it just doesnt jive with the bomb thrower statements that the world is burning up. It supports my ongoing moniker......nobody is caring about climate change.
Exactly, not any different here

Whats up with this?

NTZ

New Study: North America Has Been Cooling Since 1998 – With No Significant Overall Warming Since 1982

By Kenneth Richard on 14. March 2019

Excerpt:

North-American-Hiatus-1982-to-2014-Gan-2019.jpg

Image Source: Gan et al., 2019

North America (180-0°N, 15-60°N) has been characterized as a “major cooling center” by the authors of a new paper (Gan et al., 2019) published in Earth and Space Science.​

The continent warmed from 1982-1998, but a cooling trend since 1998 has nearly wiped out all the previous warming.​

Overall, there has been no significant temperature change in North America since 1982.​

LINK

NTZ

New Study: North America Has Been Cooling Since 1998 – With No Significant Overall Warming Since 1982

By Kenneth Richard on 14. March 2019

Excerpt:

North-American-Hiatus-1982-to-2014-Gan-2019.jpg

Image Source: Gan et al., 2019

North America (180-0°N, 15-60°N) has been characterized as a “major cooling center” by the authors of a new paper (Gan et al., 2019) published in Earth and Space Science.​

The continent warmed from 1982-1998, but a cooling trend since 1998 has nearly wiped out all the previous warming.​

Overall, there has been no significant temperature change in North America since 1982.​

LINK

LOL........I knew you'd be all over this Tommy! Then this makes sense why summers here in New York have gotten so much cooler in recent years. It is bizzare.

LOL........I knew you'd be all over this Tommy! Then this makes sense why summers here in New York have gotten so much cooler in recent years. It is bizzare.

Warmist/alarmists make a big deal of North Polar regions being the fastest warming region on Earth, yet they don't realize that is actually a sign of a Cooling Earth since the Polar region itself can't warm up on its own, the warming factor has to come in from the deep south.

From WUWT

Is America Burning?​

Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

Excerpt:

For the last couple of decades since I started seriously studying the climate, I’ve been hearing Americans of all kinds claiming that the United States is suffering terribly from “global warming”. Over and over, from American educators, government officials, and media, the claim is made that the US is heating up fast, and that the dreaded and endlessly warned of US Thermageddon is just around the corner.

So I decided to do some research. There is a bunch of gridded surface temperature data out there, typically on a 1° latitude by 1° longitude grid. So first, I had to figure out just which gridcells are in which countries. That involved what we used to call a “SMOP”, a “small matter of programming”, which only took about a day of locating the country borders data and then actually writing the code to convert it to a usable form … but at the end of it, I knew which gridcells are in which countries.

Then I pulled up the temperature information from Berkeley Earth and from the CERES satellite data and graphed it up … here’s the result:
1626884247714.png

Figure 1. Temperature trends for what in Alaska is called the “Lower 48”, meaning the US less Alaska and Hawaii.

LINK

=====

It has been COOLING for 20 years now.

From WUWT

Is America Burning?​

Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

Excerpt:

For the last couple of decades since I started seriously studying the climate, I’ve been hearing Americans of all kinds claiming that the United States is suffering terribly from “global warming”. Over and over, from American educators, government officials, and media, the claim is made that the US is heating up fast, and that the dreaded and endlessly warned of US Thermageddon is just around the corner.

So I decided to do some research. There is a bunch of gridded surface temperature data out there, typically on a 1° latitude by 1° longitude grid. So first, I had to figure out just which gridcells are in which countries. That involved what we used to call a “SMOP”, a “small matter of programming”, which only took about a day of locating the country borders data and then actually writing the code to convert it to a usable form … but at the end of it, I knew which gridcells are in which countries.

Then I pulled up the temperature information from Berkeley Earth and from the CERES satellite data and graphed it up … here’s the result:
View attachment 515393
Figure 1. Temperature trends for what in Alaska is called the “Lower 48”, meaning the US less Alaska and Hawaii.

LINK

=====

It has been COOLING for 20 years now.

:abgg2q.jpg:

11 degrees cooler in Chicago today!!!!! The magic CO2 failed to come into Illinois.

In Chicago, 18 out of 31 days under normal conditions in July, 58% cool. I supposed that’s because the NW states must have ate our CO2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back