More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People Are Losing Hope For Green Energy - Business Insider

No matter how many fantasies the green nutters come up with, it always is going to come down to costs!!! Governments don't like expensive energy because it means the electric bills go up and they get their asses voted out. The climate k00ks will hem and whore about how wind and solar are cheaper.......but anywhere you look anywhere in the world, governments are heading back to fossil fuels and dumping green energy. Because the costs suck.

Why should the Greenheads care about costs or job losses? They live off Daddy's Money. Nature is a pretty sight only to those sitting pretty.

I always have found it fascinating.....the level of disconnect with hyper-green people when it comes to the "costs" factor. Its an afterthought to these people, if it is even considered at all. Not sure how they navigate the real world. Fortunately for the rest of us ( lest our electricity rates be doubled :lol: ) the green climate crusaders are not making nearly the impact they thought they would back to just 2006. Its been all downhill ever since......and speeding up as we speak. ( see links to Europe increasing coal imports to record levels....natural gas explosion ). Al Gore is now seen as a total nut. The k00ks continue to watch the green fantasy crumble.:up:

Which means the rest of us.........are winning!!!:eusa_dance::banana::eusa_dance:

Would you like to look at some cost estimates for dealing with a meter of sea level rise?

Not quite. The power still has to be produced. I suspect switching AWAY from coal will cause an INCREASE in available jobs. Making a thousand wind turbines takes more people and man hours than building an equivalent coal-fired plant.

talk about the clueless.

wind turbines and solar panels are a joke. By any measure ( including our own government) both will be fringe sources of energy for at least the next 25 years!!

I beg to disagree. Wind and solar are quite useful on an individual basis. As far as providing the power requirements of industry and large urban areas...yeah, not so much. Even those of us who exist using wind and solar, we have to adjust our living requirements. No microwaves or DVDs out here.

I would like to point out that the text credited to me came from PrometheusBound and that credited to him came from me.

The power draw of a DVD is insignificant. You could run one for a week off a car battery. You could run a DVD and a flat screen TV off a car battery for more than a day. A microwave is not much more. A large one uses about a fourth the power needed for a two-slice toaster.

The things you lose first as your load capacity diminishes are: air conditioning, pump (if you're on a well), water heater, refrigerator and your stove/oven. Lights and modern electronics are wee little things in the Land of Loads.

Why should the Greenheads care about costs or job losses? They live off Daddy's Money. Nature is a pretty sight only to those sitting pretty.

I always have found it fascinating.....the level of disconnect with hyper-green people when it comes to the "costs" factor. Its an afterthought to these people, if it is even considered at all. Not sure how they navigate the real world. Fortunately for the rest of us ( lest our electricity rates be doubled :lol: ) the green climate crusaders are not making nearly the impact they thought they would back to just 2006. Its been all downhill ever since......and speeding up as we speak. ( see links to Europe increasing coal imports to record levels....natural gas explosion ). Al Gore is now seen as a total nut. The k00ks continue to watch the green fantasy crumble.:up:

Which means the rest of us.........are winning!!!:eusa_dance::banana::eusa_dance:

Would you like to look at some cost estimates for dealing with a meter of sea level rise?

Sure. I can always use a good laugh.

People Are Losing Hope For Green Energy - Business Insider

No matter how many fantasies the green nutters come up with, it always is going to come down to costs!!! Governments don't like expensive energy because it means the electric bills go up and they get their asses voted out. The climate k00ks will hem and whore about how wind and solar are cheaper.......but anywhere you look anywhere in the world, governments are heading back to fossil fuels and dumping green energy. Because the costs suck.

Yup. Definately. Bill cosby's kids are the biggest threat to our republic today. And ive been robbed by both worthless sons of ray croc.

Who the fuck warped your brain? Did you somehow mix up your Chomsky and hitler?

I would like to point out that the text credited to me came from PrometheusBound and that credited to him came from me.

The power draw of a DVD is insignificant. You could run one for a week off a car battery. You could run a DVD and a flat screen TV off a car battery for more than a day. A microwave is not much more. A large one uses about a fourth the power needed for a two-slice toaster.

The things you lose first as your load capacity diminishes are: air conditioning, pump (if you're on a well), water heater, refrigerator and your stove/oven. Lights and modern electronics are wee little things in the Land of Loads.

BS..... Smart phones and tablets are approaching the load of household appliances.

How much toast do u make aweek? 10 or 15 hours worth?

Neither wind or solar are primary generators. Wind is so entirely erratic that large amounts will threaten the stability of advanced society.

Last edited:

Don't tell my partner about the microwave. I already have a 12 VDC entertainment system, including TV and DVD. My place is wired for dc and we use LEDs instead of conventional bulbs for lighting. The refrigerator uses propane and I can heat and cook with the wood stove. The well includes a hand pump as backup to the 12V electric. I also have a generator to run power tools when they are needed. A composting potty and on-demand water heater top off the package. You learn to live without a lot of the nit-noid power drains. But a system like the one I run would not work for industrial or urban applications.

OMG!! Say it isn't so! The IPCC "scientists" have admitted that their sacred computer models used to predict the end of the world as we know it, used to coerce and guilt most normal consumers into accepting "green" technology, are [gasp1] WRONG!

"World's top climate scientists confess: Global warming is just QUARTER what we thought - and computers got the effects of greenhouse gases wrong
Leaked report reveals the world has warmed at quarter the rate claimed by IPCC in 2007

Scientists accept their computers may have exaggerated."

World's top climate scientists confess: Global warming is just QUARTER what we thought - and computers got the effects of greenhouse gases wrong | Mail Online

Politick: An Inadvertent Study Shows All 20 IPCC Models Flawed

It really is all about the money to be made through coercion and extortion.

You mean like the expansion of the polar ice caps?:2up:

Like Ive said....philosophy is gay. No government is going to fuck their people with mega-expensive energy costs based upon a hail Mary pass guess. Its just not going to happen. Only in the world of the green k00ks is it politically feasible. Which is why we call them k00ks.:funnyface::lmao::funnyface:

huge_mofo_ass-4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The average man in the street expects others to insure that energy that he needs will be available when he needs it and in the quantity that he needs it and costs no more than it has to, and doesn't create collateral problems.

Us average people are lucky that that expectation is the way things work.

We have the IPCC on top of the science and many companies and investors creating our energy future under the integrating efforts by government.

That whole effort is aimed exactly at energy being available, when needed, and in the quantity needed, and at a cost no more than necessary, and with minimum collateral problems.

Of course diametrically opposed to this are stasis loving conservatives who love looking at problems and doing nothing because today doing nothing is cheaper than doing anything.

But those darn tomorrows keep coming accompanied by the bills from doing nothing yesterday.

Last edited:
The average man in the street expects others to insure that energy that he needs will be available when he needs it and in the quantity that he needs it and costs no more than it has to, and doesn't create collateral problems.

We have the IPCC on top of the science and many companies and investors creating our energy future under the integrating efforts by government.

That whole effort is aimed exactly at energy being available, when needed, and in the quantity needed, and at a cost no more than necessary, and with minimum collateral problems.

Of course diametrically opposed to this are stasis loving conservatives who love looking at problems and doing nothing because today doing nothing is cheaper than doing anything.

But those darn tomorrows keep coming accompanied by the bills from doing nothing yesterday.

Yup, if you want a problem ignored, a conservative is the man for the job.

Yup, if you want a problem ignored, a conservative is the man for the job.

The Bushman from Texas and Sen Cruz from Texas both are master craftsmen at doing nothing. Cruz is committed to nothing less than Congressional doing nothing. Bush, of course, promoted the Whitehouse doing nothing except rewarding the wealthy GOP supporters with tax breaks and highly profitable wars.

The skeptics are winning, the skeptics being the AGW side that rationally and dispassionately evaluates the evidence.

That's as opposed to the kook cultist denialist side, the ones willing to swallow any bit of stupidity, so long as it supports their political cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back