More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dozens of states are working together to advance CLEAN low emission energy!!!!

Sure you have won at the national level within congress but OBAMA within the executive is spending HUNDREDS of billions on clean low emission energy.

Suing the high emitters within coal into the ground.

Tell me how is reducing emissions losing? REDUCING SON IS THE GOAL OF THE WARMERS...

We don't care if there's a stall
WE don't care about your spin
We'd like to see a national cap and trade program. BUT we're doing it without one.

Tell me how we're losing? Not winning at the level we wish...BUT LOSING? Hardly.

US-CO2-Emission-Projections.png

Back to the early 1990's in emissions. And we're losing? LOL!

And your own graph shows that CO2 does NOT drive climate.

More AGW k00k-ass losing........

OK......I laughed my nut sack off seeing this as a top story on DRUDGE today >>>>>>

MSM Glosses Over Irony of Global Warming Scientists Trapped in Antarctic Ice

By P.J. Gladnick | December 28, 2013 | 18:46

Somewhere far, far to the south where it is summer, a group of global warming scientists are trapped in the Antarctic ice. If you missed the irony of that situation, it is because much of the mainstream media has glossed over that rather inconvenient bit of hilarity. As an example here is an Associated Press story that avoids mentioning the real mission of the scientists aboard the icebound Russian ship:

The Snow Dragon icebreaker came within 7 miles (11 kilometers) of the Russian ship MV Akademik Shokalskiy, which has been stuck since Christmas Eve, but had to retreat after the ice became too thick, said expedition spokesman Alvin Stone.

The Akademik Shokalskiy, which has been on a research expedition to Antarctica, got stuck Tuesday after a blizzard's whipping winds pushed the sea ice around the ship, freezing it in place. The ship wasn't in danger of sinking, and there are weeks' worth of supplies for the 74 scientists, tourists and crew on board, but the vessel cannot move.

So what was the exact mission of these scientists? AP is rather vague about this reporting only:

The scientific team on board the research ship — which left New Zealand on Nov. 28 — had been recreating Australian explorer Douglas Mawson's century-old voyage to Antarctica when it became trapped. They plan to continue their expedition after they are freed, expedition leader Chris Turney said.

Um, there is a bit more to the expedition than merely following in the footsteps of a century-old voyage. But what that mission really is, AP won't say. If AP is vague about the mission's purpose, Reuters provides even less information.

Since the MSM isn't forthcoming as to the real purpose of those scientists traveling to Antarctica, we turn to Watts Up With That for more insight:

The expedition is being led by Chris Turney, “climate scientist”, who has “set up a carbon refining company called Carbonscape which has developed technology to fix carbon from the atmosphere and make a host of green bi-products, helping reduce greenhouse gas levels.” The purpose of the expedition is “to discover and communicate the environmental changes taking place in the south.”

It seems they found out what the “environmental changes taking place in the south.” are.

Finally, National Geographic bluntly states the mission purpose:

...The current crop of explorers are hoping to document some of the same data and compare them to Mawson's numbers, "using the twist of modern technology," Turney told National Geographic earlier this month.

As may be expected, global warming might play a role in this, he suggests, particularly with respect to melted ice in the East Antarctic.

Ah, so now we see why the MSM reluctance to flat out state why the scientists are in the Antarctic. Anything to avoid an inconvenient (but accurate) headline like this:

GLOBAL WARMING SCIENTISTS TRAPPED IN ANTARCTIC ICE

Read more: MSM Glosses Over Irony of Global Warming Scientists Trapped in Antarctic Ice | NewsBusters

Read more: MSM Glosses Over Irony of Global Warming Scientists Trapped in Antarctic Ice | NewsBusters

World oughta just leave them there. If they're right they'll be free in jigtime.

If they're wrong then they'll get what's coming to them.

Well Gore said that by 2014, there would be no ice down there anyway, so with the supplies on hand, maybe they just hang out there until the ice melts and steam home in about 6 months.

World oughta just leave them there. If they're right they'll be free in jigtime.

If they're wrong then they'll get what's coming to them.

Well Gore said that by 2014, there would be no ice down there anyway, so with the supplies on hand, maybe they just hang out there until the ice melts and steam home in about 6 months.

Speaking of foolish stranded climate scientists.. The Russian research vessel that they hired has been renamed...

ait_mawson.jpg

With Skooks permission -- I thought I'd drop this letter to the editor here.. It makes a
wonderful point that's been rolling in my head for a couple years now..

Chronicle-Independent
Martin L. Cahn, Editor
Camden, South Carolina 29020

Dear Editor:

“So all of this adds up to no warming for almost 17 years now. And climate scientists are still debating and trying to figure out what’s going on. We have some subjective explanations and possibilities for what’s going on, but something quantitative or having the models actually be able to predict something like this–well, no, we’re not there yet.” — Dr. Judith Curry on the pause in global warming

In your paper’s “Noted and passed” feature, December 23, 2013, I discovered that “the planet is heating up at an alarming rate.” This surprised me for global temperatures have remained remarkably unchanged on a trend basis for the past 16 years. This phenomenon has received a bit of notice because it shows how complex the climate is and how difficult it is to make predictions. It also shows that there are natural factors e.g., the “Pacific Decadal Oscillation” (PDO) which negatively swamp the effects of greenhouse gasses for perhaps decades. These negative factors get precious little attention because they would lessen the urgency felt by some policy proponents to currently begin to curb emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) from fossil fuels. The political difficulty of convincing electorates of the problem seems to have enabled an attitude of being less than truthful about the problem’s urgency.

NOAA’s monthly report “State of the Climate” bases its warmest or coldest month claim upon an instrument record for land based stations, which in 1880 through the first 40 years of the instrument record was extremely sparse. Based on that sparse network, then that claim of the warmest November is accurate but incomplete. What would be more helpful would be to more fully explain the pause in global warming that has occurred since 1997 and then place that warmest month claim in that larger context.

Consider for a moment if the economy had failed to grow for the past 16 years but over the last century had increased in size by 5% you could make the claim that economic output for November was the highest it has ever been since recordkeeping began (bumps and wiggles in a time series don’t influence trends) and it was the 345th consecutive month that economic output was above its 20th-century average. At the same time, government statisticians ignored that economic output had remained unchanged for the past 16 years. I am sure you would be screaming from the highest point in Camden that this deceitful practice of reporting economic statistics must end at once. But yet when this exact same practice is preformed upon climate data you are alarmed at a trend that doesn’t exist.

Steve Hales

That engine appears to be a stack of 4 radial engines with 16 cylinders each. That doesn't come to 256 cylinders.

The Russians used to have a class of patrol boat that ran on a 7 layer radial engine, each layer with 7 cylinders. High density power. Bitch to keep running.

Hot Rod aus Lego: Fahrtüchtiges Auto aus einer halben Million Teile - SPIEGEL ONLINE
Ein Hot Rod mit vier Sternmotoren und 256 Zylindern, gebaut aus einer halben Million Legosteinen:
When I translate an article and quote it I do so without altering it.
Its not as if I can`t count but each stack does have 2 * 16 = 32 cylinders that I could spot:
image-582490-galleryV9-ijts.jpg

There are 4 valves and not just 2 which can account for 2 cylinders where you see just one. All it takes is 2 connecting rods per position, and the rods behind the first set does show up in this photo:
image-582497-galleryV9-wjoy.jpg

That brings it to 128 cylinders. How "Der Spiegel" got double the number, I don`t know. Der Spiegel employes the largest number of full time fact-checkers in the news business and it appears this time they goofed.

But like I said, when I translate I don`t alter the text and in this case the gist of the story was not how many cylinders per bank, but that this kid managed to built this thing with Lego blocks and that it is operational.

He is an engineering student and when he graduates that Lego car will beat any of the other job applicant`s résumés .

It`s a typical example that demonstrates that top IQ individuals don`t care much for consensus and which way the herd is facing

90157d1327416883-birds-certain-wires-birds-wire.jpg

And that`s what it takes to be like a Bobby Fischer:
NYT2008011809241437C.600.jpg

When he made all the other conventional Chess Grandmasters look like imbeciles.

Last edited:
Can I post one more Skooks??

Too late...

German Public Television Stuns Its Readers, Concedes Medieval Warm Period May Have Been 0.5°C Warmer Than Today!

In Germany climate science used to be considered completely settled.

Global temperatures had been pretty much steady for a thousand years before skyrocketing upwards as soon as man really started industrializing about 150 years ago, Germans were told again and again.

But today Germany’s major media are beginning to realize that this view is perhaps quite naïve after all. Though most major media outlets here do think man is responsible for global warming, many seem to be having second thoughts and coming out to say: Gee, looks like natural factors may be important after all.

Germany’s version of the BBC is ARD television and at the ARD website we find an unusually semi-sober report on the history of the earth’s climate.

First off the ARD presents its version of the above chart, thus acknowledging that climate has been changing naturally throughout the Holocene and that there have been warmer periods than today.

Old towns bear names related to wine-making

As evidence that this was probably the case, the ARD writes that many towns and villages that were founded during the Medieval Warm Period actually bear names related to wine-making: “places that are too cool for this today“.

The ARD piece even goes on to say that the Medieval Warm Period from the years 800 to 1300 was similarly as warm as the “last climate normal period of 1961 to 1990, whose mean temperature is used as the reference value.” The ARD writes further:

Using alternative reconstructions that period was even about 0.5°C warmer than today.”

Maybe if P-Bear has some time -- he could trace back thru the link to ARD and figure out what the source of their graph was.

(ARD transcript is in German of course.. I can barely do Sesame Street in German)

Last edited:
There are 4 valves and not just 2 which can account for 2 cylinders where you see just one. All it takes is 2 connecting rods per position, and the rods behind the first set does show up in this photo:

That brings it to 128 cylinders. How "Der Spiegel" got double the number, I don`t know. Der Spiegel employes the largest number of full time fact-checkers in the news business and it appears this time they goofed.

But like I said, when I translate I don`t alter the text and in this case the gist of the story was not how many cylinders per bank, but that this kid managed to built this thing with Lego blocks and that it is operational.

He is an engineering student and when he graduates that Lego car will beat any of the other job applicant`s résumés .

I wasn't doubting you. I was figuring either the magazine got something wrong or the engine is more complex than it looks.

It`s a typical example that demonstrates that top IQ individuals don`t care much for consensus and which way the herd is facing

I don't think it shows that at all. It may demonstrate that some folks are more creative than others and/or more steadfastly commit to a project or work harder or faster, but, sorry, I see nothing there applicable to your consensus-bashing. What consensus do you believe this man challenged? Legos are no good for convertibles?

Last edited:

Too late...

German Public Television Stuns Its Readers, Concedes Medieval Warm Period May Have Been 0.5°C Warmer Than Today!

Global temperatures had been pretty much steady for a thousand years before skyrocketing upwards as soon as man really started industrializing about 150 years ago, Germans were told again and again.

But today Germany’s major media are beginning to realize that this view is perhaps quite naïve after all. Though most major media outlets here do think man is responsible for global warming, many seem to be having second thoughts and coming out to say: Gee, looks like natural factors may be important after all.

Germany’s version of the BBC is ARD television and at the ARD website we find an unusually semi-sober report on the history of the earth’s climate.

First off the ARD presents its version of the above chart, thus acknowledging that climate has been changing naturally throughout the Holocene and that there have been warmer periods than today.

As evidence that this was probably the case, the ARD writes that many towns and villages that were founded during the Medieval Warm Period actually bear names related to wine-making: “places that are too cool for this today“.

The ARD piece even goes on to say that the Medieval Warm Period from the years 800 to 1300 was similarly as warm as the “last climate normal period of 1961 to 1990, whose mean temperature is used as the reference value.” The ARD writes further:

Using alternative reconstructions that period was even about 0.5°C warmer than today.”

Maybe if P-Bear has some time -- he could trace back thru the link to ARD and figure out what the source of their graph was.

(ARD transcript is in German of course.. I can barely do Sesame Street in German)

winning

Too late...

The ARD article is based on the Dansgaard & Oescheger (event).
Dansgaard?Oeschger event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dansgaard–Oeschger events (often abbreviated D–O events) are rapid climate fluctuations that occurred 25 times during the last glacial period. .........

......The best evidence for Dansgaard–Oeschger events remains in the Greenland ice cores, which only go back to the end of the last interglacial, the Eemian interglacial. Ice core evidence from Antarctic cores suggests that the Dansgaard–Oeschger events are related to the so-called Antarctic Isotope Maxima by means of a coupling of the climate of the two hemispheres, the Bi-polar Seesaw.[1] If this relationship holds also for the previous glacials, Antarctic data suggest that D-O events were present in previous glacial periods as well. .....

....In the Northern Hemisphere, they take the form of rapid warming episodes, typically in a matter of decades, each followed by gradual cooling over a longer period. For example, about 11,500 years ago, averaged annual temperatures on the Greenland ice sheet warmed by around 8 °C over 40 years, in three steps of five years (see,[3] Stewart, chapter 13), where a 5 °C change over 30–40 years is more common.

Happy New Year...gotta go now the rest of the family has just arrived to ring in 2014.
Most of Canada is in a deep freeze.
Bitterly cold New Year expected in much of Canada - Canada - CBC News
Bitterly cold New Year expected in much of Canada
Yellowknife also came close to breaking temperature records. Afternoon temperatures plunged to –43.4 C, around half a degree higher than the previous record for Dec. 31, set in 1949

Too late...

The ARD article is based on the Dansgaard & Oescheger (event).
Dansgaard?Oeschger event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dansgaard–Oeschger events (often abbreviated D–O events) are rapid climate fluctuations that occurred 25 times during the last glacial period. .........

......The best evidence for Dansgaard–Oeschger events remains in the Greenland ice cores, which only go back to the end of the last interglacial, the Eemian interglacial. Ice core evidence from Antarctic cores suggests that the Dansgaard–Oeschger events are related to the so-called Antarctic Isotope Maxima by means of a coupling of the climate of the two hemispheres, the Bi-polar Seesaw.[1] If this relationship holds also for the previous glacials, Antarctic data suggest that D-O events were present in previous glacial periods as well. .....

....In the Northern Hemisphere, they take the form of rapid warming episodes, typically in a matter of decades, each followed by gradual cooling over a longer period. For example, about 11,500 years ago, averaged annual temperatures on the Greenland ice sheet warmed by around 8 °C over 40 years, in three steps of five years (see,[3] Stewart, chapter 13), where a 5 °C change over 30–40 years is more common.

Happy New Year...gotta go now the rest of the family has just arrived to ring in 2014.
Most of Canada is in a deep freeze.
Bitterly cold New Year expected in much of Canada - Canada - CBC News
Bitterly cold New Year expected in much of Canada
Yellowknife also came close to breaking temperature records. Afternoon temperatures plunged to –43.4 C, around half a degree higher than the previous record for Dec. 31, set in 1949

Thanks P--bear... This D---O label is all news to me.. I will see what the evidence looks like.

Remember --dont drink and sleigh, or drink and ski, or drink and snowmobile.. But have a good New years day.....

LOL.......we're not even one day into the NEW YEAR and already the AGW nutters are taking kicks to the balls!!!

Cold facts: More record lows than highs in USA in 2013

Cold facts: More record lows than highs in USA in 2013

Of course, as they always do, the climate k00ks will spin this because they find a way to spin EVERYTHING!!! That is the brilliance of this climate change BS......it can be morphed into anything. Which is why this thread exists.......to expose the level of fraud associated with "global warming". It is a hoax.......always has been.......always will be.

Top story on DRUDGE tonight........in big block letters!!!!!!( and pic of big thermometer mocking global warming!!)

Winnipeg deep freeze as cold as uninhabited planet

Manitoba Museum reports Winnipeg's temperature as cold as surface of Mars

CBC News Posted: Dec 31, 2013 8:23 AM CT| Last Updated: Jan 01, 2014 10:01 AM CT

Winnipeg deep freeze as cold as uninhabited planet - Manitoba - CBC News

Yep.....its 2014 and now, who looks like the flat-earthers??!!!

Like the title of the thread says.............

Last edited:
Top story on DRUDGE tonight........in big block letters!!!!!!( and pic of big thermometer mocking global warming!!)

Winnipeg deep freeze as cold as uninhabited planet

Manitoba Museum reports Winnipeg's temperature as cold as surface of Mars

CBC News Posted: Dec 31, 2013 8:23 AM CT| Last Updated: Jan 01, 2014 10:01 AM CT

Winnipeg deep freeze as cold as uninhabited planet - Manitoba - CBC News

Yep.....its 2014 and now, who looks like the flat-earthers??!!!

Like the title of the thread says.............

Good morning from Mars (-itoba).
Manitobans take that in stride. Nothing really stopped here, that would not have stopped during Christmas & New Years if it had been warmer.
Well except maybe my daughter`s car. Her battery froze up and cracked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back