More Proof the Rich Own This Country

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
In 1989, the Exxon Valdez spilled over 11 million gallons of crude oil into the Prince William Sound. A Federal Jury awarded the thousands effected by the spill 5 billion dollars in damages. In 1994, Exxon was able to get that amount lowered to 2.5 billion. Twenty years after the spill, In June of 2008, the long suffering citizens, many of whom have passed on and the rest virtually given up hope, in the midst of the largest profit year in history and the most severe downturn in our economy since the Depression, the Supreme Court lowers the 2.5 billion dollar fine to 50.7 million dollars. A slap in the face to all American citizens. Corporate Greed pure and simple.

Exxon Valdez Settlement: : Unbelievable! Petition

Want more proof? The Federal Reserve being owned by Private Bankes isn't enough?

Rockafellor started both the Federal Reserve and Standard Oil.

So I'm saying the Supreme Court has been politicized.

great thread.The people that come on here and say your dont know what your talking about are idiots afraid of the truth.

In 1989, the Exxon Valdez spilled over 11 million gallons of crude oil into the Prince William Sound. A Federal Jury awarded the thousands effected by the spill 5 billion dollars in damages. In 1994, Exxon was able to get that amount lowered to 2.5 billion. Twenty years after the spill, In June of 2008, the long suffering citizens, many of whom have passed on and the rest virtually given up hope, in the midst of the largest profit year in history and the most severe downturn in our economy since the Depression, the Supreme Court lowers the 2.5 billion dollar fine to 50.7 million dollars. A slap in the face to all American citizens. Corporate Greed pure and simple.

Exxon Valdez Settlement: : Unbelievable! Petition

Want more proof? The Federal Reserve being owned by Private Bankes isn't enough?

Rockafellor started both the Federal Reserve and Standard Oil.

So I'm saying the Supreme Court has been politicized.

That decision just made my stock ownership in Exxon more valuable, along with the other 40 million people that own stock in Exxon through their personal investments, IRA's and 401(k) plans.

your source is wrong....it is was not lowered to 50 million, but to 507 million....big difference, further, the court did not lower compensatory damages, rather only lowered punitive damages to equal compensatory damages. try reading the opinion and not stupid left wing sites.

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-219.pdf
bobo is a moron

that makes sense...also, it is irrelevent how much exxon made this year or last year, the puni's are for a 1989 claim, what they make now has zero to do with an excessive puni award from 1989. the way i read it, skimmed it, exxon paid over $1,000,000,000 in damages to the people, not including the billions in fines, clean up etc...

your source is wrong....it is was not lowered to 50 million, but to 507 million....big difference, further, the court did not lower compensatory damages, rather only lowered punitive damages to equal compensatory damages. try reading the opinion and not stupid left wing sites.

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-219.pdf
bobo is a moron

that makes sense...also, it is irrelevent how much exxon made this year or last year, the puni's are for a 1989 claim, what they make now has zero to do with an excessive puni award from 1989. the way i read it, skimmed it, exxon paid over $1,000,000,000 in damages to the people, not including the billions in fines, clean up etc...
of course they did
they paid dearly

Forum List

Back