More Proof: The Left Has Been Hoodwinked

Go to dictionary.com or wikepedia for the definition. Stop purposfully being ignorant.

pov·er·ty/ˈpävərtē/
Noun:
The state of being extremely poor.
The state of being inferior in quality or insufficient in amount.

Subjective or objective? What, again, is the sufficient amount?
Is $90,000 sufficient?

poor/po͝or/
Adjective:
Lacking enough money to live comfortably in a society.

Can one live comfortably on $90,000?
No?

So....which one of the definitions includes the following....

Do poor folks have a clothes dryer? 79% do.
Do poor folks have a clothes washer? 83% do.
Do poor folks have a refrigerator? All of them do.
Do poor folks have a computer? 68% do.
Do poor folks have internet service? 60% do.
Do poor folks have a dishwasher? 58% do.
Do poor folks have a Jacuzzi? Only 6% of the poor do.

And, it seems, are able to pay the electric bill for same.

Still not getting the picture?

Check it out: Poverty in America - AskHeritage

When the Left tells you that day is night, I know you'll buy it like it was on sale.

According to the Census where they track AMERICAN poverty it states:

Poverty is defined as the state of one who lacks a usual or socially acceptable amount of money or material possessions.[1] According to the U.S. Census Bureau data released Tuesday September 13th, 2011, the nation's poverty rate rose to 15.1% (46.2 million) in 2010,[2] up from 14.3% (approximately 43.6 million) in 2009 and to its highest level since 1993. In 2008, 13.2% (39.8 million) Americans lived in relative poverty.[3] In 2000, the poverty rate for individuals was 12.2% and for families was 9.3%.[4]

The government's definition of poverty is based on total income received. For example, the poverty level for 2011 was set at $22,350 (total yearly income) for a family of four.[5] Most Americans (58.5%) will spend at least one year below the poverty line at some point between ages 25 and 75.[6] There remains some controversy over whether the official poverty threshold over- or understates poverty.

I'm not playing that $90,000 game with you, I dont know where you are getting that from. If you think its so cushy, quit your job and see how cushy it is. You wouldnt trade places with them on a friggen 30 day dare so stop pretending its all good.

$22,350 for a family of 4 is living in poverty. Want to write the Census and tell them to change it? Go ahead, but for now, that is the reality. You can live in lala land all you like.

BTW...I'm glad that after 4 pages you were able to find the real definition of "poor" which didnt say they needed to be homeless, heatless and starving. I always like when someone proves themselves to be full of shit. :thup:

Go to dictionary.com or wikepedia for the definition. Stop purposfully being ignorant.

pov·er·ty/ˈpävərtē/
Noun:

Is $90,000 sufficient?

poor/po͝or/
Adjective:

No?

When the Left tells you that day is night, I know you'll buy it like it was on sale.

Poverty is defined as the state of one who lacks a usual or socially acceptable amount of money or material possessions.[1] According to the U.S. Census Bureau data released Tuesday September 13th, 2011, the nation's poverty rate rose to 15.1% (46.2 million) in 2010,[2] up from 14.3% (approximately 43.6 million) in 2009 and to its highest level since 1993. In 2008, 13.2% (39.8 million) Americans lived in relative poverty.[3] In 2000, the poverty rate for individuals was 12.2% and for families was 9.3%.[4]

The government's definition of poverty is based on total income received. For example, the poverty level for 2011 was set at $22,350 (total yearly income) for a family of four.[5] Most Americans (58.5%) will spend at least one year below the poverty line at some point between ages 25 and 75.[6] There remains some controversy over whether the official poverty threshold over- or understates poverty.

I'm not playing that If you think its so cushy, quit your job and see how cushy it is. You wouldnt trade places with them on a friggen 30 day dare so stop pretending its all good.

$22,350 for a family of 4 is living in poverty. Want to write the Census and tell them to change it? Go ahead, but for now, that is the reality. You can live in lala land all you like.

BTW...I'm glad that after 4 pages you were able to find the real definition of "poor" which didnt say they needed to be homeless, heatless and starving. I always like when someone proves themselves to be full of shit. :thup:

1. The government can make poverty any level it chooses: it is a hypothetical construct.

2. "... $90,000 game with you, I dont know where you are getting that from."

a. "By 2008, total welfare spending amounted to $16,800 per person in poverty, four times as much as the Census Bureau estimated was needed to eliminate all poverty in America- that would be $50,400 for a family of three!!
Obama to Spend $10.3 Trillion on Welfare: Uncovering the Full Cost of Means-Tested Welfare or Aid to the Poor

If the family of four earns $22,350 itself, it is eligible for housing, child care, etc., etc. to the tune of $16,800 per person .
Four times $16,800 per person is $67,200.
Add the $22,350 and you get $89,550.
BTW...not including ObamaCare.
Get it now?

Change your tune?

3. Medicaid, $275 billion; including state Medicaid, $425 billion. And this will be $800 billion by 2018. And there are 184 additional federal means-tested welfare programs, such as CHIP, food stamps, WIC, school breakfast and lunch programs, the Emergency Food Assistance Program, the Commodity Supplemental Food Program, Nutritional Services Incentive Program…by 2010, federal spending for food and nutrition assistance was $99.3 billion.
Ferrara, “America’s Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb,” p. 137-138.

a. Then there is housing, medical care, the Aid to Families with Dependent Children, now called TANF, the EITC, the Child Tax Credit, SSI…In 2010, these income security programs required another $200 billion in federal spending. Ibid.

Starting to see the light?

4. Still think folks need all those programs?
Or are people 'smart enough' (that's a euphemism) to scam you Leftists and bank the profits?

Want an example? Sure:

a. "PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- A criminal swindle of the nation's $64.7 billion food stamp program is playing out at small neighborhood stores around the country, where thousands of retailers are suspected of trading deals with customers, exchanging lesser amounts of cash for their stamps.
Authorities say the stamps are then redeemed as usual by the unscrupulous merchants at face value, netting them huge profits and diverting as much as $330 million in taxpayer funds annually. But the transactions are electronically recorded and federal investigators, wise to the practice, are closely monitoring thousands of convenience stories and mom-and-pop groceries in a push to halt the fraud."
USDA Cracks Down On Food Stamp Trafficking

I report....you decide.
You're being played, boyeeee....

pov·er·ty/ˈpävərtē/
Noun:

Is $90,000 sufficient?

poor/po͝or/
Adjective:

No?

I'm not playing that If you think its so cushy, quit your job and see how cushy it is. You wouldnt trade places with them on a friggen 30 day dare so stop pretending its all good.

1. The government can make poverty any level it chooses: it is a hypothetical construct.

Now your getting it...The definition of American poverty is one thing that is widely accepted and the other is a definition that you made up that turned out to be wrong. Thanks for playing!

Now your getting it...The definition of American poverty is one thing that is widely accepted and the other is a definition that you made up that turned out to be wrong. Thanks for playing!

"widely accepted" by the uninformed.

I really scared you, huh?
Not used to dealing with facts.

Your post is the lock-step Leftist equivalent of shutting you eyes really tight and putting your little hands over your ears.

No prob. I didn't expect you to be able to handle it.

Be well.

Originally Posted by PoliticalChic 1. "As President Obama crafts a reelection income equality message aimed at punishing the rich and rewarding the poor, his own government finds that the 46 million living below the so-called “poverty line” live and spend pretty much like everyone else.

2. A collection of federal household consumption surveys collected by pollster Scott Rasmussen finds that 74 percent of the poor own a car or truck, 70 percent have a VCR, 64 percent have a DVD, 63 percent have cable or satellite, 53 percent have a video game system, 50 percent have a computer, 30 percent have two or more cars and 23 percent use TiVo.
Ratmuffin, now there's an unbiased source! :cuckoo:
A 20 year old VCR, yeah that's a sure sign of wealth! :lol:
An old used jalopy is another sign of living high on the hog.
An old Atari 2600 video game is yet another sign of the poor living too well.

If it wasn't for all these wealthy poor people the poor rich people would be wealthy.

are you sure you quoted the right post? what is a ratmuffin btw?
This post is a testament to the complete ignorance of the pompous CON$ who act like they are smarter than everyone else. I even highlighted Scott Ratmuffin's name in red in my post, and this stupid twit STILL could not figure it out! What a moron!!! :rofl::lmao:

no I noticed but I doubled down on your idiocy, so rasmussen is a source you don't like, becasue why again? Oh yea, they are 'bias' towards the right...care to put that to the test?

no, you choose to accept it because it fits your myopia. go back and read what I said regarding appurtenances. You cannot be this obtuse.

Your post is the lock-step Leftist equivalent of shutting you eyes really tight and putting your little hands over your ears.

Be well.

Riiiight..everyone else should look to you for knowledge because only you are one of the few that are TRULY informed :doubt: Write the Census, I bet they'll hire you in a second since you are going to turn the world on its ear.

Thanks Ms Narcissist!

Leftist views of poverty:

1. Anyone who makes less than me during my first year of law practice

2. Anyone who cannot afford a yacht.

3. Anyone who marries someone who will never have a million dollars in ready money

4. Anyone who has to use fans instead of air conditioners

5. Anyone who has less than a 2-car garage

6. Anyone who has less than 3 bedrooms and no study

7. Anyone who has more credit card debt than savings

8. Anyone who has 5 or more children

9. Anyone who doesn't have two color tv sets

10. Manual laborers

Last edited:

no, you choose to accept it because it fits your myopia. go back and read what I said regarding appurtenances. You cannot be this obtuse.

No, but thanks. The reason I accept it is because that is the definition of poverty i.e. it is reality. PoliticalChic is the one who refuses to accept reality.

Be well.

Riiiight..everyone else should look to you for knowledge because only you are one of the few that are TRULY informed :doubt: Write the Census, I bet they'll hire you in a second since you are going to turn the world on its ear.

Thanks Ms Narcissist!

Did you note that you were unable to find any errors in the numerous clearly sourced posts of mine?

What do you suppose that means?

Imagine, if you weren't afraid of actually thinking....
...one can only guess.

Last edited:
The Republican Blame the Poor campaign never ends.

Worse, because of what the Republican leadership is doing, poor Republicans think poor blacks and Hispanics and others live high on the hog. It's part of the Republican method of dividing the country.

We don't think they live high on the hog.

We just don't think our government should support them.

It's pretty simple.

No, but thanks. The reason I accept it is because that is the definition of poverty i.e. it is reality. PoliticalChic is the one who refuses to accept reality.

so, 24K is poverty, because the gov. says so, ok, well, I am not up on it, aside from the income # what other benchmarks do they use? and a Q; in your opinion, what is poverty?

so, 24K is poverty, because the gov. says so, ok, well, I am not up on it, aside from the income # what other benchmarks do they use? and a Q; in your opinion, what is poverty?

My opinion doesnt matter, Just the facts...sorta like Dragnet :cool: The reason I say that is because my definition of poverty may be different than others so I go with what is widely accepted in America as poverty...not the African version of poverty which is very different.

My opinion doesnt matter, Just the facts...sorta like Dragnet :cool: The reason I say that is because my definition of poverty may be different than others so I go with what is widely accepted in America as poverty...not the African version of poverty which is very different.

well, this is a discussion board....and we are I think, discussing.....I am sure our opinions on poverty are different, thats why I asked....wanna share?

what about the gov. benchmarks etc.?

"My opinion doesnt matter,...."

Another revelation!

Herein lies one of the character traits that separate the conservative from the liberal...the self-assured from the follower.

I never feel that anyone else's opinion is more valid than mine unless my own research supports same.

You guys, on the other hand, purchase intellectual comfort at bargain-basement rates.

"My opinion doesnt matter,..."
Correct...doesn't matter because you have nothing to support it, and thinking isn't your strong suit.

So....why the heck did you bother with an 'education'?

Another revelation!

Herein lies one of the character traits that separate the conservative from the liberal...the self-assured from the follower.

I never feel that anyone else's opinion is more valid than mine unless my own research supports same.

You guys, on the other hand, purchase intellectual comfort at bargain-basement rates.

Correct...doesn't matter because you have nothing to support it, and thinking isn't your strong suit.

well, in any case I am still trying to fathom Edthecynics problem with vcr's.:eusa_eh:.....the only answer is.......apparently cooking your popcorn snack in a microwave while ensconced in your sofa in that heated home watching "Fast & Furious 28, The Holder Mission" on your big screen via a VCR is poverty:doubt:...a CD is kinder, gentler and shows we care.....:eusa_think:

they are resolution starved. :rolleyes:

well, this is a discussion board....and we are I think, discussing.....I am sure our opinions on poverty are different, thats why I asked....wanna share?

what about the gov. benchmarks etc.?

Fair enough but this tactic usually leads to attacking the person who gives the opinion and gets off of the topic at hand...But I'm game.

Being poor is not having enough to support your family. Whatever that means because once you go into specifics thats where it gets complicated. I would say that $22,000 a year for a family of 4 is pretty dam poor. I know, I know..."They have a microwave HOW could THEY be poor" some might say but I dont think having an appliance is a indication of whether or not someone is poor or not

Another revelation!

Youre the one who thought being poor involved being homeless, heatless and hungry. Then when you find out that you are wrong after I provided the definition you accuse me of not using facts...

Funny how that works...If you type 10 paragraphs it still doesnt make you change that you lack facts sweet stuff

Forum List

Back