More Proof that Obama has Jumped the Shark

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
LOLZ.

The White House has extended the deadline to the contest for which a high school will win Obama speaking at its graduation ceremony. Only 14 have applied.

The kids are smarter than we thought.

he White House is ramping up an effort to promote a nationwide competition to decide which high school wins a commencement speech by President Obama.

An internal White House memo indicates that the White House is facing a shortage of applications less than a week before the deadline.

The competition was extended from the February 25 deadline until Friday, March 11 after few schools met the original application deadline. CBS News has learned a White House Communications Office internal memo dated February 22 noted "a major issue with the Commencement Challenge."

"As of yesterday we had received 14 applications and the deadline is Friday," the memo said. The memo also urged recipients to, "please keep the application number close hold."

A follow-up memo on February 28 reported receipt of 68 applications. Noting the competition among more than 1,000 schools last year, the memo said, "Something isn't working." It called on staffers to ask "friendly congressional, gubernatorial and mayoral offices" to encourage schools to apply. ...

White House memo notes shortage of applicants for contest to have Obama to speak at high school graduation - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I'm thinking that the Youth Vote is not going to be quite so enthusiastic for The One in 2012. It might have something to do with the @ 25% unemployment rate among teens combined with their incredibly low participation rate (in the low 30%s).

When the final report comes out, the over/under for applications is 216,409.

Even our youth know this guy is a brick.

Then why is the republican party trying to keep college students from voting?

You have your FACTS twisted again, TMN.

The people being targeted for prevention of voting are in the Armed Services, and it's the Dems who are doing the trying.

It is more likely the schools simply cannot afford to have a president give a commencement ceremony...what with all the budget cuts. Security nightmare.

It is more likely the schools simply cannot afford to have a president give a commencement ceremony...what with all the budget cuts. Security nightmare.

^^^^^Spin of the Year Nominee^^^^^^

Obama can't grasp how NOT everyone is OBAMABOTS. And he is losing more and more CULT followers every day.

how funny, what a putz

The dems pry dont want college kids to vote absentee though because then they might lose some votes when they try to disenfanchise the absentee voters because they are military voters.

LOLZ.

The White House has extended the deadline to the contest for which a high school will win Obama speaking at its graduation ceremony. Only 14 have applied.

The kids are smarter than we thought.

he White House is ramping up an effort to promote a nationwide competition to decide which high school wins a commencement speech by President Obama.

An internal White House memo indicates that the White House is facing a shortage of applications less than a week before the deadline.

The competition was extended from the February 25 deadline until Friday, March 11 after few schools met the original application deadline. CBS News has learned a White House Communications Office internal memo dated February 22 noted "a major issue with the Commencement Challenge."

"As of yesterday we had received 14 applications and the deadline is Friday," the memo said. The memo also urged recipients to, "please keep the application number close hold."

A follow-up memo on February 28 reported receipt of 68 applications. Noting the competition among more than 1,000 schools last year, the memo said, "Something isn't working." It called on staffers to ask "friendly congressional, gubernatorial and mayoral offices" to encourage schools to apply. ...

White House memo notes shortage of applicants for contest to have Obama to speak at high school graduation - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I'm thinking that the Youth Vote is not going to be quite so enthusiastic for The One in 2012. It might have something to do with the @ 25% unemployment rate among teens combined with their incredibly low participation rate (in the low 30%s).

OH SHIT!!! :eek:

Now were going to have to move onto plan B...libraries applying for Obama to participate in their Thursday morning toddler reading circle.

You'd have to combine that with Forced Human Growth Hormone Shots or the little nippers will never be able to pass for legal voting age in 2012.

Get ready for Sebelius to declare a Huge Emergency of pending dwarfism and force schools to conduct mandatory weekly HGH shot clinics!

Last edited:
He has added enough to the discourse already, stay home and keep you mouth shut. the more he talks the more trouble we are in. I suspect that he is a good husband and father but a rotten president. I just wish he would quit messing with my life. I am trying to retire and he is really screwing things up. We don't need our high school kids learning from his vast pool of wisdom.

He has added enough to the discourse already, stay home and keep you mouth shut. the more he talks the more trouble we are in. I suspect that he is a good husband and father but a rotten president. I just wish he would quit messing with my life. I am trying to retire and he is really screwing things up. We don't need our high school kids learning from his vast pool of wisdom.

Buy silver.

(Seriously).

Obama has a vast pool, but I wouldn't call it wisdom.

Yep, and maybe they're focusing on that whole 'teaching' and 'learning' thing instead of political correctness?

I am mildly entertained that so few schools have participated, but I doubt there is any political reason for it.

My guess?

Only suburban schools have applied so far. Obama wants to speak at an inner city school. He's waiting on one of the inner city schools to apply, so he can show up at a run down, crippled building, with no air conditioning, roaches in the cafeteria, broken desks, and lots and lots of poor kids.........then preach about the need to raise spending on education.

He's NOT gonna show up at a brand spanking new 3 story suburban super-mall like High School that has 3 fast food restaurants inside it, a 15,000 seat football stadium and basketball arena that colleges would admire, halls wide enough to drive a bus through, and a sprawling campus with parks and ponds. No no no no, he will not show up to a school like that.

Remember, this man and his admin are stricly ideological. The winner will be a 50 year old building that is near collapse, with lots of poor kids. But none of them have applied....yet.

Sorry dont blame TM I started it. Someone mentioned college kids not being allowed to vote. Didnt mean to hijack the thread. There is already a thread on that particular topic.

Last edited:
If Obama lets the class of 2012 graduate this year, he can increase potential votes and the graduation address created/saved ratio.

Forum List

Back