more proof that for profit prison systems are a blight against humanity

We need prisons. Lots of them.

But this was one of the most heartbreaking stories I've heard in a long time.

I noticed the MSNBC story left out both judges' political affiliation. Par for the course. But the AP...?

...in the 2-1/2 years since the story first broke, no AP report on what the it has described as "one of the most shocking cases of courtroom graft on record" has tagged either judge as a Democrat.

Read more: Name That Party: Pa. 'Kids for Cash' Dem Judge Sentenced, No Party ID | NewsBusters.org

Hey blu - if they were "Rs" would they have omitted that?

Rhetorical question, of course. :evil:

Pa. judge gets 28 years in 'kids for cash' case - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

1000s of kids lives are now ruined due to bribes from a detention center wanting to profit off their incarceration. Our prison system is one of the most immoral things around.

28 years is hardly enough punishment for this CHILD SELLING cretin.

And what about the corporate criminals that were paying this vermin?

Do they get STRUNG UP?

They ought to be.

That corporation ought to be sued into oblivion, every one of its stockholders ought to lose every cent they have invested, it's top managment and board of directions AND THAT JUDGE ought to be hanging from lampposts in downtown Philadelphia.

What these conspirators were doing was actually a very perverse form of government sanctioned slavery.

28 years is hardly enough punishment for this CHILD SELLING cretin.

And what about the corporate criminals that were paying this vermin?

Do they get STRUNG UP?

They ought to be.

That corporation ought to be sued into oblivion, every one of its stockholders ought to lose every cent they have invested, it's top managment and board of directions AND THAT JUDGE ought to be hanging from lampposts in downtown Philadelphia.

What these conspirators were doing was actually a very perverse form of government sanctioned slavery.
We've created the need for these prisons with the 3-Strikes law and others that take sentencing decisions away from judges and force them to lay down mandatory sentencing. State prison systems can't offord to keep housing these people and providing for all their needs in prison. It requires too much money and drains states of resources. If we get rid of these stupid mandatory sentencing laws it would allow judges to work with city and state authorities in developing more creative and profitable ways of dealing with criminals.

Another corrupt judge that has zero respect for the office which he held. This type of actions by our judges as well as politicians is hitting epidemic levels. In Fl where I live, there was a judge several years ago that was caught smoking a joint during recess of a drug trial. The defendent was charged with posession of an ounce of weed and received 1 year in jail, the judge however is still sitting on the bench in Brevard County.

Well maybe this judge will learn some respect once he gets into GenPop at the prison. Convicts have little sympathy for a corrupt member of the system that prosecuted them. He shouldn't get any special treatment or security. These tyrant judges are supposed to lead by example and should be held to a higher standard than the general population, so let him go into GenPop and receive some real punishment.

We would be serving our nation best if we replaced about 85% of all those in positions of authority and replaced them with people of virtue and dignity. A title of authority does not invoke power, it instills responsibility.

I was heartened to see 28 years, which I consider a very solid sentence (the judge is 61, so if he doesn't get released early he will probably die in jail). Too often it seems like white-collar criminals from government and business get convicted of massive crimes such as this and then get out in just a few years.

Forum List

Back