more proof oil companies are pure evil

What a wondrous little world you've created for yourself, whereby you can refuse to use Google and learn about a topic everyone but Fox News disciples is clued in on.

Then, if it's provided for you, invariably you can punt to "the L.A. Times? that liberal rag?"

Shell is part of Big Oil. I didn't say anything about rape or genocide. But they have a long track record of pollution, human rights violations, and slimey propaganda initiatives to get what they want.

Here's your link. Not that you'll actually read it.

Business & Human Rights : Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria)

The plaintiffs allege that the Nigerian military government and security forces committed human rights violations, including torture and summary execution of MOSOP members, to suppress MOSOP’s activities and that Royal Dutch/Shell was complicit in the commission of these abuses. The plaintiffs won several pre-trial rulings, including on motions by the defendants to dismiss the case.

In early June 2009, the parties announced that they had agreed to a settlement in the case for $15.5 million.​

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/20/science/earth/20exxon.html

A federal jury on Monday found Exxon Mobil liable for contaminating groundwater in New York City and awarded the city $104.7 million in compensatory damages.

The city had sought $250 million in damages to finance construction of a treatment plant to make the water in five wells in southeastern Queens drinkable. But lawyers for the city called the jury’s decision a “total victory” for their side.​

The claim that was made and the one I responded to was how oil companies were commiting genocide, rape, pillaging etc.... And yes I did read the links you provided but it doen't support the claim that was made. But thanks for the information nevertheless.
Keep defending them. Here you go:

Secret papers 'show how Shell targeted Nigeria oil protests' - Americas, World - The Independent

American Chronicle | Our Dependence on Oil Affects Far More than Gas Prices
According to a recent Amnesty International report, Chevron has failed to pursue an independent inquiry into Nigerian soldiers' use of force against more than 200 protesters at its Escravos oil terminal in Ugborodo, which resulted in 30 serious injuries and one death earlier this year. Similarly, an alleged security arrangement between a Shell Nigeria subcontractor and a criminal group in Odioma led to the murders of 17 people, the rape of two women, and the razing of 80 percent of the homes in the area. Neither the company nor the Nigerian government has investigated the incident.

afrol News - Nigeria women raped by police and army
At the press conference, there was further presented evidence of the use of rape and sexual slavery by the Nigerian security forces "to intimidate communities in the Niger Delta." The oil-rich but impoverished Delta has fallen into violence as local rebels fight for a greater part of oil revenues to be channelled to the region.

Nigerian security force is an oil company?

lonestar_logic will defend scum (his kind) to the end

You made a claim and you have done nothing to defend it. I have repeatedly ask you to prove your claim about oil companies commiting rape, genocide pillaging etc.. yet you are silent. As you are silent on the question I posed to you in the Murtha thread, which tells me, you are nothing but a troll.

I will defend my livelihood with every means available, you call them scum yet I've raised five children and aquired over 5 thousand acres of prime acreage from working in the oil industry. To this day I still earn a substantial living from the "evil" oil companies. While you sit and wait for your next welfare check, I'll be earning money making sure that you have the highest quality of fuel at the lowest possible price.

Blue must ride a bicycle or perhaps a horse and buggy and he must heat his home with a fireplace full of logs. Because I cannot imagine he would use any product from the evil oil companies. I mean that would be hypocritical, wouldn't it?

So tell us blu, what is it like not to own a vehicle in these modern times?

you have been presented plenty of things and the lawsuit files are all over google.

So liberals don't presuppose that whites and white males in particular are racist/sexist? Of course you shouldn't care because if you did care, you'd have to admit your involved in a hate movement known as liberalism. In fact, I think many liberal policies are hate crimes. Demonize hard working people. Demonize Christianity. Demonize capitalism. Demonize the founding fathers as "dead white males. You all have a busy schedule of hate so let me not keep you from it...

you know that useless trolls are banned right?

If that is true, why are you still here?

going to contribute something besides fallacies?

you have been presented plenty of things and the lawsuit files are all over google.

Actually what has been presented was mostly the same action just reported by different organizations. None of which provided evidence that oil companies committed genocide, rape or pillaging, which was your claim.

cognitive dissonance, personified...

so obnoxious, in fact, that he declares victory to (hopefully) conclude the debate.

still clinging to that "rape? prove it" straw man.

if there's anything we've learned on message boards like this, the playbook of the "drill baby drill" and "bomb em all" crowd when faced with empirical evidence that requires simple deductive and inductive reasoning goes just like this:

"oh yeah? prove it!!... ok, well, prove it again!!! ... so? prove it more!!!..."​

What a convenient world one lives in where he can pretend all evidence to the contrary is innocuous.

Infantile. ...

But then, if my heroes' ideology included imperialism, oppression, fraud and hegemony, I'd probably ramp up the subterfuge as well.

Last edited:
greed is evil.
Those who succumb to it's lure become evil.

I disagree. If greed is wanting more or what makes you happy than you currently have, greed is only a state of being. If Mother Theresa wanted more of the good feeling she recieved when she hepled someone, that was greed.

Was she evil?

A sportsman wants to win to gain the feeling that he desires. Is this evil?

Simply wanting more of what makes one feel good can hardly be thought to be evil. Intentionally depriving others of what will make them feel good is certainly not good and probably is evil.

If I use my own labor to dig a well in the desert so all the water that I want for any purpose is available and yet I also freely share it with outhers, is that evil?

My "need" demanded that I satisfy my bare requirements. My "greed" demanded that I create a surplus so I could drink, bath, swim and water the plants. It was my greed that created the suplus and created the ability to satisfy the thirst of others.

Greed in and of itself is a good thing. If you assume that all things are in short supply and one must lose for another to gain, you are seeing only the short term. It is only when the inspired and able among us gain plenty that the average and mundane are able to reap the benefits.

This is why the average American has it pretty good and the average Afgahn is pretty much screwed.

Last edited:
YOU: Chevron hires twelve public relations firms to discredit indigenous Indians in Ecuador

ME: LIberals try to discredit white males every day. Where is your outrage for liberals? Hypocrite!!!

so you are a newb who posts logical fallacies. why do i care?

yeah, "logical fallacies", is that what it's called? sounds like an oxymoron but what else could you call it? "illogical fallacies"?? "logical fallicies" is too nice though and too much attention given to the scourge of humanity.

Not to put too fine a point on this, but the oil companies are in business to make a profit. Period. Full stop.

Because there is oil, there are 6 billion people on the planet who have not starved to death. We move, stay warm, travel, eat, stay clothed, trade, communicate and, in the truest sense of the societal meaning, exist because of oil, other fossil fuels and their by products.

Is there another product on the planet that is the foundation of so much in today's world?

Why do you condemn those who deliver it?

Forum List

Back