More proof of global cooling (albeit anectdotal)

Bern80

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2004
Getting ready to go fishing tomorrow here for the MN walleye opener. According to official records this will be the first time in 11 years there was still ice on lakes on the opening of fishing (second weekend in May).

Getting ready to go fishing tomorrow here for the MN walleye opener. According to official records this will be the first time in 11 years there was still ice on lakes on the opening of fishing (second weekend in May).

Another anecdotal, it's freezing, not literally, here in Chicago area.

Lows 42, High 62 next 5 days and nights.

Could you send some of the cooling THIS WAY? 95 yesterday and the same today. I'm starting to think Global Warming is happening specifically HERE.

Wish I could. It just made it to 61 today and now falling. I've got a door open, but wearing my fuzzy slippers, jeans, and long sleeve sweater. I just have to let some air in!

Wish I could. It just made it to 61 today and now falling. I've got a door open, but wearing my fuzzy slippers, jeans, and long sleeve sweater. I just have to let some air in!

I have come to the conclusion as of today that 48 is probably a most excellent age to stop running 3 miles when it's 95 degrees out. Needs to cool down to at least 90 or so.:cool:

GunnyL,
Move out to Washington State--Mother's Day--walked the dogs this morning: Temp' was 40 with a twenty knot wind so it felt like somewhere near thirty. Had the second most snowy winter on record this year.

Grew up in South Florida and well remember that 90 degree stuff. You can keep it, along with all the bugs.

GunnyL,
Move out to Washington State--Mother's Day--walked the dogs this morning: Temp' was 40 with a twenty knot wind so it felt like somewhere near thirty. Had the second most snowy winter on record this year.

Grew up in South Florida and well remember that 90 degree stuff. You can keep it, along with all the bugs.

I lived in Miami most of the 70s, so I know what you mean, but I'm just the opposite. You can keep that cold. Spent many a hot summer day diving off the pipes into the canals or at the beach or Elliot Key.

Running sucked there too.:lol:

Fishing was good Saturday, though cold and overcast and rainy which by mid-afternoon had turned to snow, yes SNOW on May 10th.

I lived in Miami most of the 70s, so I know what you mean, but I'm just the opposite. You can keep that cold. Spent many a hot summer day diving off the pipes into the canals or at the beach or Elliot Key.

Running sucked there too.:lol:
I was a kid back then and friends with a Navy UDT/Seal and his younger brother who taught me how to dive. We'd hit places from Palm Beach to the Keys, but our favorite spot was Hollywood Beach. I remember the water having a thermal plane for the first several feet and then the temp dropped off very dramatically below the thermal plane. We'd stay down until hypothermia set in, and our hands started shaking really bad, then come up and lay in the sun to warm up. We'd cross the street and refill our tanks for a buck and do it all again. Palm Beach had a few wrecks in close to shore, fun to drive but never failed had a great barracuda hanging around it that always wanted to get in close and look into your mask.

Sweet! I've been waking at 5 to get the sunrise bite everyday for the last week. The Redfish and Spotted Trout are starting to heat up in the SC lowcountry and I've been catching some slot sized fish everyday, and even the bull Red (20+ pounds) are in the harbors now. The fish are loving the global warming we have in SC. How was the walleye fishing?

Sweet! I've been waking at 5 to get the sunrise bite everyday for the last week. The Redfish and Spotted Trout are starting to heat up in the SC lowcountry and I've been catching some slot sized fish everyday, and even the bull Red (20+ pounds) are in the harbors now. The fish are loving the global warming we have in SC. How was the walleye fishing?

It was really quite good. Spawn is really behind because of the weather so all the fish are still on the nesting beds in shallow water.

It was really quite good. Spawn is really behind because of the weather so all the fish are still on the nesting beds in shallow water.

Good deal. Largemouth actually spawed early this year, yet the seatrout and reds are still bedding in the deep fast water. I'm tracking a few schools of spotted seatrout right now and they are in full spawn mode.

What's funny, is that Chicago will have one tiny heat-wave in late July and August and then the Global warming activists will have it plastered all over the news...."Chicago is feeling the effects of global warming first hand as temperatures reach 90 degreess!!" LOL.

Good deal. Largemouth actually spawed early this year, yet the seatrout and reds are still bedding in the deep fast water. I'm tracking a few schools of spotted seatrout right now and they are in full spawn mode.

Ahh yes, the specks are runnin right now. They've been catching them here along with the remaining flounder that are trying to flood into the bays. I'm about to have a good vacation from work, so you can count on hearing some good updates...(Hopefully, we'll see how my wife reacts to my plans...:redface: )

What's funny, is that Chicago will have one tiny heat-wave in late July and August and then the Global warming activists will have it plastered all over the news...."Chicago is feeling the effects of global warming first hand as temperatures reach 90 degreess!!" LOL.

Yeah too bad 400 world scientist believe that global warming is a myth.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.SenateReport

Israel: Dr. Nathan Paldor, Professor of Dynamical Meteorology and Physical Oceanography at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem has authored almost 70 peer-reviewed studies and won several awards. "First, temperature changes, as well as rates of temperature changes (both increase and decrease) of magnitudes similar to that reported by IPCC to have occurred since the Industrial revolution (about 0.8C in 150 years or even 0.4C in the last 35 years) have occurred in Earth's climatic history. There's nothing special about the recent rise!"

Russia: Russian scientist Dr. Oleg Sorochtin of the Institute of Oceanology at the Russian Academy of Sciences has authored more than 300 studies, nine books, and a 2006 paper titled "The Evolution and the Prediction of Global Climate Changes on Earth." "Even if the concentration of ‘greenhouse gases' double man would not perceive the temperature impact," Sorochtin wrote. (Note: Name also sometimes translated to spell Sorokhtin)

Spain: Anton Uriarte, a professor of Physical Geography at the University of the Basque Country in Spain and author of a book on the paleoclimate, rejected man-made climate fears in 2007. "There's no need to be worried. It's very interesting to study [climate change], but there's no need to be worried," Uriate wrote.

Netherlands: Atmospheric scientist Dr. Hendrik Tennekes, a scientific pioneer in the development of numerical weather prediction and former director of research at The Netherlands' Royal National Meteorological Institute, and an internationally recognized expert in atmospheric boundary layer processes, "I find the Doomsday picture Al Gore is painting - a six-meter sea level rise, fifteen times the IPCC number - entirely without merit," Tennekes wrote. "I protest vigorously the idea that the climate reacts like a home heating system to a changed setting of the thermostat: just turn the dial, and the desired temperature will soon be reached."

Brazil: Chief Meteorologist Eugenio Hackbart of the MetSul Meteorologia Weather Center in Sao Leopoldo - Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil declared himself a skeptic. "The media is promoting an unprecedented hyping related to global warming. The media and many scientists are ignoring very important facts that point to a natural variation in the climate system as the cause of the recent global warming," Hackbart wrote on May 30, 2007.

France: Climatologist Dr. Marcel Leroux, former professor at Université Jean Moulin and director of the Laboratory of Climatology, Risks, and Environment in Lyon, is a climate skeptic. Leroux wrote a 2005 book titled Global Warming - Myth or Reality? - The Erring Ways of Climatology. "Day after day, the same mantra - that ‘the Earth is warming up' - is churned out in all its forms. As ‘the ice melts' and ‘sea level rises,' the Apocalypse looms ever nearer! Without realizing it, or perhaps without wishing to, the average citizen in bamboozled, lobotomized, lulled into mindless ac*ceptance. ... Non-believers in the greenhouse scenario are in the position of those long ago who doubted the existence of God ... fortunately for them, the Inquisition is no longer with us!"

Norway: Geologist/Geochemist Dr. Tom V. Segalstad, a professor and head of the Geological Museum at the University of Oslo and formerly an expert reviewer with the UN IPCC: "It is a search for a mythical CO2 sink to explain an immeasurable CO2 lifetime to fit a hypothetical CO2 computer model that purports to show that an impossible amount of fossil fuel burning is heating the atmosphere. It is all a fiction."

Finland: Dr. Boris Winterhalter, retired Senior Marine Researcher of the Geological Survey of Finland and former professor of marine geology at University of Helsinki, criticized the media for what he considered its alarming climate coverage. "The effect of solar winds on cosmic radiation has just recently been established and, furthermore, there seems to be a good correlation between cloudiness and variations in the intensity of cosmic radiation. Here we have a mechanism which is a far better explanation to variations in global climate than the attempts by IPCC to blame it all on anthropogenic input of greenhouse gases," Winterhalter said.

Germany: Paleoclimate expert Augusto Mangini of the University of Heidelberg in Germany, criticized the UN IPCC summary. "I consider the part of the IPCC report, which I can really judge as an expert, i.e. the reconstruction of the paleoclimate, wrong," Mangini noted in an April 5, 2007 article. He added: "The earth will not die."

Canada: IPCC 2007 Expert Reviewer Madhav Khandekar, a Ph.D meteorologist, a scientist with the Natural Resources Stewardship Project who has over 45 years experience in climatology, meteorology and oceanography, and who has published nearly 100 papers, reports, book reviews and a book on Ocean Wave Analysis and Modeling: "To my dismay, IPCC authors ignored all my comments and suggestions for major changes in the FOD (First Order Draft) and sent me the SOD (Second Order Draft) with essentially the same text as the FOD. None of the authors of the chapter bothered to directly communicate with me (or with other expert reviewers with whom I communicate on a regular basis) on many issues that were raised in my review. This is not an acceptable scientific review process."

Czech Republic: Czech-born U.S. climatologist Dr. George Kukla, a research scientist with the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University, expressed climate skepticism in 2007. "The only thing to worry about is the damage that can be done by worrying. Why are some scientists worried? Perhaps because they feel that to stop worrying may mean to stop being paid," Kukla told Gelf Magazine on April 24, 2007.

First, it's a senate MINORITY report... that means it's not the predominant thought... and it's probably a bunch of right wing politicking on the subject.

Dr. Paldor... studied whether the waters really parted as described in Exodus.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE0DA1F3BF936A25750C0A964958260

And I guess you can read the report knowing that a bunch of the "scientists" were funded by Exxon Mobil. RAFLMAO!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

After a quick review of the report, Gore spokeswoman Kalee Kreider said 25 or 30 of the scientists may have received funding from Exxon Mobil Corp.

Exxon Mobil spokesman Gantt H. Walton dismissed the accusation, saying the company is concerned about climate-change issues and does not pay scientists to bash global-warming theories.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071221/NATION/844993096/1001

You guys really need to stop polluting the planet with junk science.

First, it's a senate MINORITY report... that means it's not the predominant thought... and it's probably a bunch of right wing politicking on the subject.

Dr. Paldor... studied whether the waters really parted as described in Exodus.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE0DA1F3BF936A25750C0A964958260

And I guess you can read the report knowing that a bunch of the "scientists" were funded by Exxon Mobil. RAFLMAO!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071221/NATION/844993096/1001

You guys really need to stop polluting the planet with junk science.

The distinguished scientists featured in this new report are experts in diverse fields, including: climatology; geology; biology; glaciology; biogeography; meteorology; oceanography; economics; chemistry; mathematics; environmental sciences; engineering; physics and paleoclimatology. Some of those profiled have won Nobel Prizes for their outstanding contribution to their field of expertise and many shared a portion of the UN IPCC Nobel Peace Prize with Vice President Gore.
Additionally, these scientists hail from prestigious institutions worldwide, including: Harvard University; NASA; National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR); Massachusetts Institute of Technology; the UN IPCC; the Danish National Space Center; U.S. Department of Energy; Princeton University; the Environmental Protection Agency; University of Pennsylvania; Hebrew University of Jerusalem; the International Arctic Research Centre; the Pasteur Institute in Paris; the Belgian Weather Institute; Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute; the University of Helsinki; the National Academy of Sciences of the U.S., France, and Russia; the University of Pretoria; University of Notre Dame; Stockholm University; University of Melbourne; Columbia University; the World Federation of Scientists; and the University of London.

This is from my previous cite, the report actually deals specifically with your charges, if you actually read through the report.

I do not believe that global warming is a myth, I do, however, believe that human caused global warming is....

Forum List

Back