More proof NBC, CBS, and ABC are on the Obama bandwangon

Obama's first trip is significant. McCain got lots of coverage back when he made his trip walking through "the markets".

You are trying to find bias where none exists.

Mac said no to the extra media attention on his trip...

Not to mention that Mac made Os trip a talking point.. you jackasses cant have it both ways....

News executives say there are reasons for the disparity, such as the continuing story about whether Clinton's and Obama's supporters can reconcile. They even partly blame McCain. By criticizing Obama for a lack of foreign policy experience, McCain raised the stakes for Obama's trip, "especially if he winds up going into two war zones," said Paul Friedman, senior vice president of CBS News.
Is media playing fair in campaign coverage? - Yahoo! News

yeah, sure. Interesting you choose lincoln as your example. The guy who suspended many of our rights, and walked all over the constitution. In a good cause of course, but still I find it funny you chose him as your example.

besides your reasoning does nothing to change the fact that the media was not meant, and should not be, trying to influence our elections like they are.

The media should not be influencing our elections? Why not? If anything the media has been too soft on the right. Bush got a free ride until the Iraq occupation went sour.

The media should not be influencing our elections? Why not? If anything the media has been too soft on the right. Bush got a free ride until the Iraq occupation went sour.

all I can say to that is LOL!!! If you can not see a problem with it, you are beyond help, and if you actually think Bush got a "free ride" you are clearly smoking something.

One has nothing to do with the other. All 3 networks choosing to send their anchors is a clear sign of bias IMO.

But you can call me a jackass all you want :)

OK..

but seriously.. Mac has let loose the press hounds after Obamba.. Mac challenged Obama to get out there... how can you cats bitch about it when they go...

Its my thinking that you cats thought he'd fall flat on the world stage.. now you guys is left scramblin...

Friggin Beautiful if you ask me...

OK..

but seriously.. Mac has let loose the press hounds after Obamba.. Mac challenged Obama to get out there... how can you cats bitch about it when they go...

Its my thinking that you cats thought he'd fall flat on the world stage.. now you guys is left scramblin...

Friggin Beautiful if you ask me...

I am not bitching, I am just pointing out what I see is a clear bias in the 3 networks for Obama. I do not base this opinion only on this trip, but on their over all coverage of the campaign.

Oh and when you say we cats, you are just using stupid generalizations. I didn't think he would fall on his ass on this trip, and I am glad he finally went over there.

Obama's first trip is significant. McCain got lots of coverage back when he made his trip walking through "the markets".

You are trying to find bias where none exists.

As someone who is supporting Obama I have to say you're nuts if you believe this. Three top anchors traveling when the guy goes over? It's one thing to be a supporter but let's be honest about it while we're at it.

There's the rub. It's fine to have his own press, but it's bs when that press is pretending to be real reporters.

Though I don't think anyone has ever mistaken Katie Couric for a real reporter.

I am not bitching, I am just pointing out what I see is a clear bias in the 3 networks for Obama. I do not base this opinion only on this trip, but on their over all coverage of the campaign.

Oh and when you say we cats, you are just using stupid generalizations. I didn't think he would fall on his ass on this trip, and I am glad he finally went over there.
Thousand pardons... your objection is duly noted. cats is a generalization.. not stupid .. just dont feel like addressing each person individually.. cats in this case referrs to those that think the media is biased in regards to B Obama.

Thousand pardons... your objection is duly noted. cats is a generalization.. not stupid .. just dont feel like addressing each person individually.. cats in this case referrs to those that think the media is biased in regards to B Obama.

OH then MEOW!!!!

some of it anyways :)

There's the rub. It's fine to have his own press, but it's bs when that press is pretending to be real reporters.

Though I don't think anyone has ever mistaken Katie Couric for a real reporter.

She makes a cute cheerleader though.....

KatieCheer.jpg

Obama is the story now, he is very popular and a great news story. Where was the media in 2003 on the lead up to the Iraq war? Up Bush's butt is where. You Conservatives can't have it both ways. The media follows the profitable story. It is rating driven. It's capitalistic to the bone.

Obama is the story now, he is very popular and a great news story. Where was the media in 2003 on the lead up to the Iraq war? Up Bush's butt is where. You Conservatives can't have it both ways. The media follows the profitable story. It is rating driven. It's capitalistic to the bone.

It's capitalistic, and by it's very nature liberal-as-Hell. The basic premise behind American journalism is the the Fisrt Amendment. The liberal version that says they are entitled to say whatever they please, whenever they please about whoever or whatever they please, and should be allowed to hide behind the First rather than face the consequences of any of the aforementioned actions.

And they are going to support WITH ZEAL the political party that believes in that the most.

It's capitalistic, and by it's very nature liberal-as-Hell. The basic premise behind American journalism is the the Fisrt Amendment. The liberal version that says they are entitled to say whatever they please, whenever they please about whoever or whatever they please, and should be allowed to hide behind the First rather than face the consequences of any of the aforementioned actions.

And they are going to support WITH ZEAL the political party that believes in that the most.

I guess you will just believe whatever it is you want to believe. What would you like to see, the Straight Talk Express more? More stories of the military? More black people on welfare?

Really? Pat Buchanan? Mike Barnacle?

Ok so maybe I was a bit to general in my comment. However I still believe as a whole MSNBC is indeed in the tank for Obama. However I do not expect you or other Obama supporters to ever agree.

However I would Direct you to the poll I posted where it says 67% of Americans agree the Media as a whole is in the tank for Obama, and not being objective at all. according to that poll only 1 and 7 people think the media is being objective in their coverage of this election.

And before you use the, it's a fox news poll defense. I would ask you actually look at the PDF of the poll, and I would tell you that I searched high and low for another poll on the subject, on every other major media outlets web site, and did not find one. Not that it shocks me that the very media that is in the tank for Obama would not be willing to do a poll on the subject that would expose just how many people believe they are in the tank for Obama.

Forum List

Back