More proof MSM is Conservative

Conservatives can call themselves fiscally responsible, because clearly Bush is not a Conservative. At least when it comes to spending. I am not sure why you lump every Conservative in with Bush. To me, a conservative, Bush has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment.

Sealyboy lumps all things together. If you're conservative, your republican...:cuckoo: He's got a 6th grade education....:eusa_shhh:
Conservative does not mean Republican....

Sealyboy lumps all things together. If you're conservative, your republican...:cuckoo: He's got a 6th grade education....:eusa_shhh:

It was the Republicans that drew the lines. Red States Blue States, Conservative, Liberal, blabla.

And what is really funny is that under Tom Delay, EVERY Republican had to toe the line. If you went against the machine, you were blacklisted.

The Democratic party is not united. Blue Dog Democrats, etc.

That's the way it is supposed to be. Each Rep, Senator, Congressperson, whatever you want to call them, should speak for themselves. They each represent different states, different people, different interests. yada yada.

For 6 years your party did whatever Tom Delay told them to do. Why don't you do a little research on what YOUR party did from 2000-2006. They purposely broke the government and raped the kitty. In Greece we call people like you Malaka's.

Now you want to flip flop and say not all Republicans are conservative? I got news for you idiot. Look at the debt. NONE OF YOU ARE CONSERVATIVE.

Actually, this is why your party is now split. The voters that voted for the GOP because they thought they were conservative, are running away from your party. Now Bush and McCain are trying to pretend to be fiscally responsible? After they bankrupted the treasury and ignored our infrastructure for 6 years, now they want to NOT SPEND ANY MONEY ON AMERICA after they neglected it for 6 years? Sorry idiots, but we need a facelift.

I can't wait until your precious Bush is out of office. You are a bigger loser than him, because at least he profitted from his policies. You didn't.

Even if you make $250K a year, you should not vote for McCain, because if he gets into office, your job will go bye bye. Sooooo stupid you guys are.

I have a 6th grade education and Bush went to Yale?

Actually, I shouldn't call Bush stupid because he sure pulled one over on you. You still defend the worst president in history. I bet your idol is Hoover.

PS. If I could open up a credit card in my future grandchildrens names, and then max out their credit cards, I could be a success too. That's what Bush did. He borrowed and doubled the national debt. Our future grandkids will be paying off what Bush spent. At least when Reagan tripled the debt, it worked. He actually got the economy going. Bush can't do anything right for the middle class. Are you rich? No freakin way.

I do not defend Bush, how is saying he has been Nothing but a disappointment to me defending him? I think you need to learn to read what people type and stop making assumptions based on your Biases.

I voted for Bush because I thought him the lesser evil, I have not been happy with a damn thing the man has done, and believe him to be the biggest moron ever to be in the white house. He is not a Conservative, and trying to say he is only shows your Biases to us all.

This is funny, while I am not familiar enough with media in England our own media is so distorted right and full of such BS, we must as a nation be growing cynical of all things. At least British MSM deals with this nonsense with a sense of humor.

"In his defence of making stuff up, the Sun's ex-political editor spoke about the amount of domestic violence suffered by Muslim women. But there's just as much chance of suffering domestic violence if you're not a Muslim, as one of the 10 million such incidents a year that take place in Britain. Presumably the anti-Islam lobby would say, "Ah yes, but those other ones involve secular wife-beating, which is not founded on archaic religious customs, but rational reasoning such as not letting him watch the snooker.""

Mark Steel: Wife-beating? That's fine – unless you're a Muslim - Mark Steel, Commentators - The Independent

Exactly. There are republicans that are not Conservative (Bush, McCain, etc.) just like there are democrats that are not Liberal (Webb, Mark Warner, and all those other so-called Reagan democrats). You need to understand that before getting into a discussion about the differences.

Oh! Let us not forget that Liberals and Libertarians are VERY different, as well.

Exactly. There are republicans that are not Conservative (Bush, McCain, etc.) just like there are democrats that are not Liberal (Webb, Mark Warner, and all those other so-called Reagan democrats). You need to understand that before getting into a discussion about the differences.

Oh! Let us not forget that Liberals and Libertarians are VERY different, as well.

Why do conservatives throw their problem children under the bus and then back over them. Bush ran as a conservative, administers as a conservative, and is a conservative, denying that is puzzling. He did the the same thing Reagan did, the icon of all that is conservative, he made the wealthy wealthier, vetoed anything that helped working people, and banged on his chest like a modern Tarzan with a rocket launcher standing ready.

"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

Why do conservatives throw their problem children under the bus and then back over them. Bush ran as a conservative, administers as a conservative, and is a conservative, denying that is puzzling. He did the the same thing Reagan did, the icon of all that is conservative, he made the wealthy wealthier, vetoed anything that helped working people, and banged on his chest like a modern Tarzan with a rocket launcher standing ready.

"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

First and foremost, bush grew the size of the government. The Dept of Homeland security made the government that much larger.

He didn't find a spending bill didn't like until recently.

He signed the No Child Left behind crap into law.

Need I go on?

First and foremost, bush grew the size of the government. The Dept of Homeland security made the government that much larger.

I realize all of that, but my question is why since he is a conservative and his administration is full of conservatives. If conservative political philosophy's end product is what Bush has sowed then you conservatives need to understand what went wrong.

"Liberals demand that the social order should in principle be capable of explaining itself at the tribunal of each person's understanding." Jeremy Waldron

Conservatives can call themselves fiscally responsible, because clearly Bush is not a Conservative. At least when it comes to spending. I am not sure why you lump every Conservative in with Bush. To me, a conservative, Bush has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment.

He said he was a Compassionate Conservative. So he lied to get elected? How come you guys voted him back into office in 04 then?

Chances are, you did it because you don't really pay attention enough to make an educated vote. I was SCREAMING that the GOP was bankrupting America but you wouldn't listen.

And it's not just Bush. Tom Delay ruled and Dennis Hastert was a Bush lap dog. McCain also was not a Conservative. So if there are Republican conservatives, they are the minority. Or they are not in office anymore (newt, dole, barr)

No, chances are you guys have just mastered the language. And you know people don't pay enough attention to see you are full of shit.

He said he was a Compassionate Conservative.

Wow! Is that all it takes to be a Conservative? :eusa_shifty:

Look. Bush was a better choice than Kerry. Bush was fighting the war that Kerry wanted to cut and run from. That alone in that time of history was important. The religious people and the war supporters are what put bush back in office. It was not so much that he was a conservative. Bush is not Conservative. It is no secret. we Conservatives knew this. It is those that follow blindly or are gullible enough to believe everything they hear that think he is.

McCain is beatable because actual Conservatives are tired of voting for the lesser evil. We want an actual candidate we can support. We will have to wait and see what happens in the election. Nov is a long time away. it is a lifetime in politics. I may vote for McCain, myself. We will see.

He said he was a Compassionate Conservative. So he lied to get elected? How come you guys voted him back into office in 04 then?

Chances are, you did it because you don't really pay attention enough to make an educated vote. I was SCREAMING that the GOP was bankrupting America but you wouldn't listen.

And it's not just Bush. Tom Delay ruled and Dennis Hastert was a Bush lap dog. McCain also was not a Conservative. So if there are Republican conservatives, they are the minority. Or they are not in office anymore (newt, dole, barr)

No, chances are you guys have just mastered the language. And you know people don't pay enough attention to see you are full of shit.

Olympia Snowe still seems like a fairly conservative Republican.

It is amusing to watch former Busites stepping away from the man who sold them and the nation they love down the river, isn't it? Amusing in a car crash sort of way, I mean.

It isn't like they weren't warned what a nitwit, lying piece of shit the man and his evil fucking cronnies were.

And, while I was not here at the time, I have no doubt that anyone who noted the inconsistencies between the Bush cabal's rhetoric, and what they were was, was dismissed as liberal, commie, terrorist lover, coward or something, am I right?

The CyberSoapBox, where I used to hang, was once filled with pro-war proBush types playing those games

Most of them began to fade when the war started to go badly.

Now you can't find any self proclaiming conservative there who EVER supported the guy.

Odd how that selective memory thing works, is it not?

Last edited:
Olympia Snowe still seems like a fairly conservative Republican.

It is amusing to watch former Busites stepping away from the man who sold them and the nation they love down the river, isn't it? Amusing in a car crash sort of way, I mean.

It isn't like they weren't warned what a nitwit, lying piece of shit the man and his evil fucking cronnies were.

And, while I was not here at the time, I have no doubt that anyone who noted the inconsistencies between the Bush cabal's rhetoric, and what they were was, was dismissed as liberal, commie, terrorist lover, coward or something, am I right?

The CyberSoapBox, where I used to hang, was once filled with pro-war proBush types playing those games

Most of them began to fade when the war started to go badly.

Now you can't find any self proclaiming conservative there who EVER supported the guy.

Odd how that selective memory thing works, is it not?

did you move to the U.S from somewhere else?

and yes, it is funny these loyal neo nuts have 2 arguments. one is that bush is great and then they argue that other republicans are different than bush.

Does that mean they aren't great?

and yes, it is funny these loyal neo nuts have 2 arguments. one is that bush is great and then they argue that other republicans are different than bush.

LOL I don't remember anyone saying Bush is great. I do recall even saying myself that Bush is better than Kerry and Gore. If your opinion of Bush is that bad, then imagine how bad people didn't like Kerry. If Bush was so horrible, why wouldn't the majority of Americans vote for a change in office in '04? It is as if they must have known that Kerry would have only made things worse than they were. I wonder if people will think the samee in '08 with Obama.

Let's bring up the fact that since Lincoln won the presidency as a Republican, the Repubs have won the office FAR more often. Ever ask yourself why? Was it because Karl Rove, aka The Riddler, has some huge brain washing device he activates during election day forcing most people to vote for Republicans? lol...I don't think so.

Do you know what NEO means??? It means NEW...Which makes me wonder why you consider yourself NEW and conservatives "more of the same."

LOL I don't remember anyone saying Bush is great. I do recall even saying myself that Bush is better than Kerry and Gore. If your opinion of Bush is that bad, then imagine how bad people didn't like Kerry. If Bush was so horrible, why wouldn't the majority of Americans vote for a change in office in '04? It is as if they must have known that Kerry would have only made things worse than they were. I wonder if people will think the samee in '08 with Obama.

Let's bring up the fact that since Lincoln won the presidency as a Republican, the Repubs have won the office FAR more often. Ever ask yourself why? Was it because Karl Rove, aka The Riddler, has some huge brain washing device he activates during election day forcing most people to vote for Republicans? lol...I don't think so.

You'll learn that anyone who disagrees with sealybunghole on any topic, is a bush lover and neocon. You could be arguing whether or not labrador crap smells worse than chihuahua crap and if you disagree, it's because your a neocon republican who loves George Bush. Then he'll recite your life story for you....it's really quite extravagant.:cuckoo:

I have personally never said Bush was great. The man is a moron and an utter failure.

If you are able to drop your political bias, you would admit the man is neither a moron nor an utter failure. He is a MEDIOCRE President at this time and that is all. Already he is rated by Presidential historians above Bill Clinton and above his father -who is also rated as above Bill Clinton. Which should tell you that approval ratings aren't related to evaluation of a President's administration in the first place. GW Bush had some notable successes and some notable failures -which is actually no different from the average President and that is before the outcome of some of his biggest policies have even fully played out for the future. Until those have, the final rating for this guy can't be done.

You want an utter failure of a President in modern times -look no further than Jimmy Carter. The WORST President in my lifetime and Truman was President when I was born. Of all Presidents in my lifetime, without exception -Carter was THE absolute worst with no one even a close second who failed at EVERYTHING he attempted and now poses as this some kind of "world authority". He's an asshole and a phony long overdue to be called home by his Maker. I can always tell the age of someone when they insist Bush is the worst President in their lifetime -it only means they haven't been around very long. Such people are only aware of what -three Presidents at best in their life so far -and probably only Clinton and this Bush? LOL -but still whining like spoiled children about 5.2% unemployment, 1.5% inflation etc. as if that is the WORST that has happened as a result of a President's policies?

Think gas prices are bad now? Under Carter and as a direct result of his horrific policies he claimed were intended to only hit the "rich", we quickly shot up to double digit unemployment, double digit inflation and double digit interest rates -and MILE LONG lines at the gas station that BY LAW you could only get on certain days of the week depending on the first letter of your car tag. See any mile long lines and gas rationing now? Because in today's real dollars adjusted for inflation -we still aren't paying for gas what we did then. Back then it was the equivalent of more than $6 a gallon in today's dollars. In some cities, the unemployment rate was nearly 25% -and Carter had the balls to run for re-election on the platform that Americans hadn't sacrificed enough yet, that our best days were already behind us and the nation was on its downhill, inevitable and permanent decline. Any wonder he was kicked out after one term and a man who said our best days were still ahead of us was elected instead? Yet those insisting Bush is THE worst ever are the same people who think we should be adopting the policies of Europe more, emulating Europe more -even though they have had a consistent unemployment rate in the double digits for several decades now along with their economic stagnation and can't break out of it BECAUSE of their policies! How is that "better" for the US to imitate their stagnant economies, high unemployment rates especially for the most poor and least skilled, unearned arrogant attitudes, reduced influence in the world that increasingly relies on the US to come to their own national defense and their decadent and dying societies I wonder? If you think that is a wonderful thing -vote for Obama and his rehashed, proven failure of policy position after policy position.

And for those who think Obama and his whiny speeches claiming that voting for him will bring about some kind of significant "change"? His positions on issue after issue represent most nearly of any past President -those of Herbert Hoover. And Jimmy Carter adopted many of those as well. Obama's are nearly identical to those of Hoover's right down to his anti-free trade positions. They don't represent a "change' at all -they are old, tired, hackneyed and a proven, total and UTTER failure of policies. Who do you think such policies actually hurt the most? The poorest and least skilled -not just in our own country but around the world. The very people you liberals claim to "care" SOOO much about. Save me from that kind of "care" please.

A "change" is returning to proven failures of policies? Are you stupid enough to believe that change for change's sake is automatically a good thing? How about if the airlines change their policy that pilots can't drink alcoholic beverages within 24 hours of a flight to one of within 2 hours instead? Is that the kind of change you are looking for? That is what Obama is offering -a change BACK to the known failed policies of the past. WHOOOPIE and break out the champagne, right? ROFL

Only if you are totally ignorant of history would any normal person advocate "change" for change's sake -and given the state of our public school system, I have no doubt that many people are really ignorant of history. Want to go back and review Hoover's policies and what resulted for this country by implementing his "changes"? Or do you need to try it on for yourself first and hope the next generation can repair the damage? Hoover's policies were directly responsible for extending both the duration and DEPTH of the Great Depression. Yeah -that's a great idea for "change", isn't it? Only if you despise this country and want to see it brought to its knees. But depressingly, I also think for some -that is exactly what they want.

Yes, my former country of origin was the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

frazzledgear reminds us:

Think gas prices are bad now? Under Carter and as a direct result of his horrific policies he claimed were intended to only hit the "rich", we quickly shot up to double digit unemployment, double digit inflation and double digit interest rates -and MILE LONG lines at the gas station that BY LAW you could only get on certain days of the week depending on the first letter of your car tag.

Happened under NIXXON, too.

Am I the only person alive who remembers this?

We had a gas crises in 1973, folks, gas line, limits on purchases, and so forth. Seriously if anyone else remembers this event, please chime in so I can be certain I haven't lost my mind. that happened because OPEC was pissed at us, for development in Israel, as I recall it.

Some things, frazzledgear, are simply beyond the powers of the POTUS to cope with immediately, regardless of his party affiliation or philosophy.

Is Bush completely responsible for what's going on now?

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how the mere mechanics of this spike are happening, and it seems to me, so too are our the world's economists.

I think it premature to pin the whole blame on Junior until our economists can at least agree why it's happening at all.

Yes, my former country of origin was the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

frazzledgear reminds us:

Happened under NIXXON, too.

Am I the only person alive who remembers this?

We had a gas crises in 1973, folks, gas line, limits on purchases, and so forth. Seriously if anyone else remembers this event, please chime in so I can be certain I haven't lost my mind. that happened because OPEC was pissed at us, for development in Israel, as I recall it.

Some things, frazzledgear, are simply beyond the powers of the POTUS to cope with immediately, regardless of his party affiliation or philosophy.

Is Bush completely responsible for what's going on now?

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how the mere mechanics of this spike are happening, and it seems to me, so too are our the world's economists.

I think it premature to pin the whole blame on Junior until our economists can at least agree why it's happening at all.

OMG! You are right. It did happen under Nixon, I just read about it on Wikipedia. And it was then that the US law was which day you could purchase gas. During the crisis under Carter, only a few states had such a law.

I love revisionist history!!!

More interesting was this little blurb:
During this period domestic U.S. oil output rose sharply from the large Prudhoe Bay fields while oil imports fell sharply. However, since there were no price controls on imported oil, this had no impact on boosting the supply of gasoline in 1979
I don't actually know much about it, but doesn't this pretty much put the end to the notion that drilling in the US will make gas cheaper? We don't set the price controls on imported oil, do we?

OMG! You are right. It did happen under Nixon, I just read about it on Wikipedia. And it was then that the US law was which day you could purchase gas. During the crisis under Carter, only a few states had such a law.

I love revisionist history!!!

More interesting was this little blurb:
I don't actually know much about it, but doesn't this pretty much put the end to the notion that drilling in the US will make gas cheaper? We don't set the price controls on imported oil, do we?

I was going to remind people that John McCain was one of the 5 Senators implicated in the Keating 5 scandal. I went to Wikipedia and noticed the details have been altered since I last looked it up. Now it reads:

After a lengthy investigation, the Senate Ethics Committee determined in 1991 that Alan Cranston, Dennis DeConcini, and Donald Riegle had substantially and improperly interfered with the FHLBB in its investigation of Lincoln Savings. Senators John Glenn and John McCain were cleared of having acted improperly.

Ha!!!

Forum List

Back