More Pre-Existing Health "Conditions" - Cops, Firefighters, Expectant Dads, and Acne

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Pre-Existing Health "Conditions" -- Cops, Firefighters, Expectant Dads, and Those Suffering From Allergies, Acne and Toenail Fungus Are Uninsurable According To Internal Documents - Consumer Watchdog

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- In the wake of news reports that a history of domestic violence is considered a "pre-existing condition" by many health insurers, today Consumer Watchdog released internal insurance company documents showing that firefighters, police officers, war correspondents, expectant fathers, pregnant women and patients with asthma, acne, allergies, and toenail fungus will often be denied health insurance policies.

Added to the list are also Cops, Firefighters, Expectant Dads, and people with Acne. Really, not only those first three but ACNE? :eusa_eh:

How unAmerican too considering Cops and Firefighters are rejected. So much for being "heroes" I suppose to the insurance companies.

And here's the other kicker on the list: And "Symptoms" for which physician was not consulted.

Thoughts? Opinions?

That will guarantee higher profits for the insurance companies, which should make cons and lobbyists very happy.

when UHC is finally passed in whatever form it will be, the health insurance companies will have no one to blame but themselves.

when UHC is finally passed in whatever form it will be, the health insurance companies will have no one to blame but themselves.

So what are they waiting for? Pass it, already, you chickenshits.

i think its a political ploy. if the votes for whatever the final version is ends up 99% Democrats, and it flops by the next election, then there is no chance obama will be re-elected. struggling to get Rs on board now just lets the dems paint Rs as obstructionists while still getting the bill passed in the end, probably with some minor compromise to even the ratio of Rs to Ds on the final vote.

i think its a political ploy. if the votes for whatever the final version is ends up 99% Democrats, and it flops by the next election, then there is no chance obama will be re-elected. struggling to get Rs on board now just lets the dems paint Rs as obstructionists while still getting the bill passed in the end, probably with some minor compromise to even the ratio of Rs to Ds on the final vote.

I don't think the votes are there for the public option.

Pre-Existing Health "Conditions" -- Cops, Firefighters, Expectant Dads, and Those Suffering From Allergies, Acne and Toenail Fungus Are Uninsurable According To Internal Documents - Consumer Watchdog

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- In the wake of news reports that a history of domestic violence is considered a "pre-existing condition" by many health insurers, today Consumer Watchdog released internal insurance company documents showing that firefighters, police officers, war correspondents, expectant fathers, pregnant women and patients with asthma, acne, allergies, and toenail fungus will often be denied health insurance policies.

Added to the list are also Cops, Firefighters, Expectant Dads, and people with Acne. Really, not only those first three but ACNE? :eusa_eh:

How unAmerican too considering Cops and Firefighters are rejected. So much for being "heroes" I suppose to the insurance companies.

And here's the other kicker on the list: And "Symptoms" for which physician was not consulted.

Thoughts? Opinions?
If coverage is not flat-out denied, the insurer will add amendments refusing to cover anything related to what they deem a pre-existing condition.

If I lose my job, I'm fucked. I won't be able to get insurance.

Forum List

Back