More port operations owned by international company

Fmr jarhead

Aug 9, 2004
SoFLA
The operation of the following list of ports is run by a Danish company. Call Hillary and her crew and get them to shut them down as qucikly as possible, since they (the Danes...our ally) are being targeted by Radical Muslims!!!!

Baltimore
Charleston
Houston
Jacksonville
Los Angeles
Miami
New Orleans
Oakland
Port Elizabeth
Port Everglades
Portsmouth
Savannah
Tacoma

no shit.....check how much of the us is owned by the arabs.....banks, food companies, shoping centers, office buildings you name it....."managing" a port facility is the least of our worries......fucking chicken littles

No surprise today, just since this story started breaking that most of us found out. Many are now all for gaining US only control, or employing reasonable differences between a country like UK, our closest ally and others like Singapore, China, and UAE, that have become 'so close' since 9/11.

manu1959 said:
no shit.....check how much of the us is owned by the arabs.....banks, food companies, shoping centers, office buildings you name it....."managing" a port facility is the least of our worries......fucking chicken littles
Yeah, really! Turn that heat up a bit more on that frog in the pan of water, will ya? Please.. :dev1:

Mr. P said:
Yeah, really! Turn that heat up a bit more on that frog in the pan of water, will ya? Please.. :dev1:

i would love to respond to you but i lost my decoder ring.....you southerners and your malapropisims

Is that frog, bait? I haven't been gigging in awhile.....use 'dem little thighs as toothpicks, ya know?

Fmr jarhead said:
The operation of the following list of ports is run by a Danish company. Call Hillary and her crew and get them to shut them down as qucikly as possible, since they (the Danes...our ally) are being targeted by Radical Muslims!!!!

Baltimore
Charleston
Houston
Jacksonville
Los Angeles
Miami
New Orleans
Oakland
Port Elizabeth
Port Everglades
Portsmouth
Savannah
Tacoma

Good "heads up" post Jarhead. :)

We live in a WORLD MARKET PLACE, get use to it, it ain`t goin away.

If you consider THAT bad, well, guess what, it`s only going to get WORST.

EVERYTHING is for sale, been that way in a free society for, well, EVER.

Port`s, along with other ASSETS are for sale. Granted, the sale of a port would rise to a higher level. But we aren`t selling the PORT, just the right to ADMINISTER the port, big difference, really, honest.

Plus, and also, this isn`t a FOREVER DEAL, they fuck it up, deal`s off.

I think letting a nuke, or other such weapon into the country through one of their ports would qualify as " fucking it up".

So, for those that find themselves just a little uncomfortable, chill, it`s strictly business. :cof:

trobinett said:
Plus, and also, this isn`t a FOREVER DEAL, they fuck it up, deal`s off.

I think letting a nuke, or other such weapon into the country through one of their ports would qualify as " fucking it up".

So, for those that find themselves just a little uncomfortable, chill, it`s strictly business. :cof:

Honestly it would be the fault of Congress and the local security jurisdictions if a NUKE came in through one of the ports....it is their responsibility to keep us safe and secure.

trobinett said:

Really? How about prevention? What a concept, huh?

Let's go over the fact that these ports are controlled by 1) Danes, who don't have a history of terrorist attacks on, well, anybody and 2) a privately owned corporation, as opposed to a, for the love of everything good, I'm getting tired of saying this, FOREIGN GOVERNMENT!!!

I don't mind international companies owning this crap, but not foreign governments. Foreign governments do not have the safety of America high on their list of priorities, while corporations need to keep it high to keep the cash flowing.

Hobbit said:
Let's go over the fact that these ports are controlled by 1) Danes, who don't have a history of terrorist attacks on, well, anybody and 2) a privately owned corporation, as opposed to a, for the love of everything good, I'm getting tired of saying this, FOREIGN GOVERNMENT!!!

I don't mind international companies owning this crap, but not foreign governments. Foreign governments do not have the safety of America high on their list of priorities, while corporations need to keep it high to keep the cash flowing.

Humor me for a moment, and pardon me if you've already asnwered this question elsewhere.

If security of the port won't change, and who works at the port won't change, what difference do you think it makes if it's a government or a corporation that owns the port? Actually, I guess I have two questions... What could they do as owners they they couldn't do anyway?

I'm not throwing stones or anything. I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole thing. I think some concerns are legitimate, I think some concerns are overreacting. I would like to see this delayed so there can be a closer look.

trobinett said:
Jimmyeatworld posted:

Looks like your going to get your wish. :)

Good. I hadn't caught anything else about the 45 days or the veto. All I could ever see or hear was people ranting on one side or the other. I'm confident that it wouldn't go through unless there were solid reasons to let it go through, but I'd still like to know more.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Good. I hadn't caught anything else about the 45 days or the veto. All I could ever see or hear was people ranting on one side or the other. I'm confident that it wouldn't go through unless there were solid reasons to let it go through, but I'd still like to know more.

It's all in the hands of politicians now. Even if they are in fact the best and safest company to do the job, the propagandists will make them appear to be a dangerous choice--even when they have NO other company to compare them too. It's the old " this idea sucks but we don't have a better one " routine.

Forum List

Back