More popular than Jesus

Well, you can call it pagan, but the fact remains that those original stories were written about 2000 years before the OT. And the OT used those stories and changed them as necessary to meet their monotheistic goals of a "one god bible". It was pure plagiarism. And even the original stories from the Sumerians were long-time telephone-game re-tellings of much earlier stories before we had written history.

And sure, the OT served as "history" for a lot of people for a long time, until the earlier texts were uncovered and deciphered. And those show the OT to be an obvious act of plagiarism.

And I understand the importance of keeping your faith, but denial to the point of genocide has been the result of the plagiarism.

It's a sticky subject for sure. I am atheist. But I do believe in the ideal of a "Jesus" figure. Not that there was necessarily such a person, but it is an ideal we have come to respect, and that we should all aspire to be.

I just don't think there's anything supernatural about it. Jesus may have existed and been a great man, but he was not a supernatural being unless there was alien-technology behind it that made people think it was supernatural. Same with all other "saviors" and "messiahs" in other religions prior to Jesus. Great people have existed on this planet. Great ideas have been created and shared. Organized religions exist for one purpose only, and that is to create armies of devoted followers that are willing to kill and die for their beliefs.

And those armies are created to benefit a Man, not a God. Organized religion has been the bane of humanity, and caused us to restart our knowledge so many times. We could be a star-faring race at this point, had we not had our prior knowledge burned to the ground countless times and had to start over.

Well, you can call it pagan, but the fact remains that those original stories were written about 2000 years before the OT. And the OT used those stories and changed them as necessary to meet their monotheistic goals of a "one god bible". It was pure plagiarism. And even the original stories from the Sumerians were long-time telephone-game re-tellings of much earlier stories before we had written history.

And sure, the OT served as "history" for a lot of people for a long time, until the earlier texts were uncovered and deciphered. And those show the OT to be an obvious act of plagiarism.

And I understand the importance of keeping your faith, but denial to the point of genocide has been the result of the plagiarism.

It's a sticky subject for sure. I am atheist. But I do believe in the ideal of a "Jesus" figure. Not that there was necessarily such a person, but it is an ideal we have come to respect, and that we should all aspire to be.

I just don't think there's anything supernatural about it. Jesus may have existed and been a great man, but he was not a supernatural being unless there was alien-technology behind it that made people think it was supernatural. Same with all other "saviors" and "messiahs" in other religions prior to Jesus. Great people have existed on this planet. Great ideas have been created and shared. Organized religions exist for one purpose only, and that is to create armies of devoted followers that are willing to kill and die for their beliefs.

The Bible doesnt plagiarize anything, dude. Those stories were oral traditions that circulated for who knows how long? They could have originated with the Egyptians, which would mean that Moses was not plagiarizing anything at all in any sense of the word.

No one knows who started those stories, but my bet is the Egyptians did.

And Carbon Proof going there?

People believe what they want. They only look for proof to support their side....
I have no side. I have seen no proof for the existence of either gods or aliens. If you have any I'd be obliged for a look at it. Failing proof, evidence would be good.

People believe what they want. They only look for proof to support their side....
I have no side. I have seen no proof for the existence of either gods or aliens. If you have any I'd be obliged for a look at it. Failing proof, evidence would be good.

I can only suggest reading Lee Strobel's "A Case for Christ". There are other reports etc. out there.
I'm not a scholar on the subject. Only someone that has experience God and salvation. Something you can not really share with someone else.

All things are possible until proven impossible as well......

More proof for aliens than gods. Us. Intelligent technological life exists in the universe. If it exists on one planet around one star in one galaxy, why not more than one? Nothing else in the universe is unique, why would life on planets be the first and only unique thing?

New Topics

Forum List

Back