More Political incorectness...UNBELIEVABLE

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Lookout, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Lookout

Lookout Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68
    So today, The U.S. House places the United States Military operation in Iraq, in jeopardy because of something that happened in Armenia 100 years ago???!!! WTF. We have an air base in Turkey and are using it for the Iraq campaign and our wonderful government puts our soldiers in harms way to apease the Armenian Americans in this country for something that we did not do or are responsible for.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. doniston

doniston Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Yah, isn't that stupid? Congress doesn't have enough on it's (our) plate. and who the hell cares as long as it isn't still happening?

3. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    I'm at a loss to know why the current secular republic of Turkey is continually in denial about the genocide practised by the forces of the Ottoman Empire. Turkey is not the country it was when the Ottomans ruled. The Turkish government would do well to accept it and then get on with governing.

4. Larkinn

Larkinn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Since when is condemning Genocide "political correctness"? Do you need to be PC to condemn Genocide? And why are you so willing to bend over backwards to justify Genocide? What are you, some kind of appeaser?

Diuretic...it is strange in a way, but on the other hand it was a very brutal time in their past. They never really had closure on it I think and even if they were willing to admit it to themselves, they certainly don't want a foreign power condemning them for it. As badly as Aborigines are treated in Australia, I suspect that most Australians would strongly object to the US Congress passing a resolution against either their current condition, or past atrocities committed against them.

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I think condemning genocide from WWI is rather irrelevant. I don't really care if Turkey is insulted or not, but I really don't see the point to it.

6. Lookout

Lookout Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68
    I am not saying that it wasn't a horrible thing, or that the Turkish govt. shouldn't appologize for it. Why should we risk our ally in the chaos in the middle east over something that happened nearly 100 years ago. I mean really, is it worth the risk to piss off one of our greatest alliess so some people can say..."Yeah that will make great, great grandpa feel better". Why risk what we are trying to do right now for something no one can do anything about that happened in 1915. What do you care more about, an apology or getting the American troops the supplies they need?. If you were on the ground in Iraq, and you did not get the ammo you needed to protect yourself and your friends because some pencil pushing pinhead in Washington forced our ally to apologize for something that did not effect us 100 years ago, I bet you would change your tune...What are you an anti American? It's just poor planing and bad timing on the govts. part...but then again, what else is new?

7. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I hate political correctness

8. Lookout

Lookout Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68
  9. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Bush may have to let Turkey attack the Kurds.

10. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Jews don't accept any recognition of "genocide" but their own.

That's all you need to know here.