More Police Cruelty: Arizona To Investigate Bloody Arrest Of Grandfather At WalMart..

Who will hold the Police accountable if we the People don't? This was an unnecessary brutal assault on a Citizen. These officers must pay. Period,end of story.

AS I understand the event based on nothing more than a brief new summary?

The cop ought to be charged with second degree (third?) murder.

He obviously didn't set out to kill the guy, but he did -- mostly (I think) -- because of his criminal neglect while doing his duty.

Throwing an old man down on the floor such that his skull cracked suggests a flagrant disregard for the safety of his "prisoner".

What makes you think the guy died? Wishful thinking perhaps.

Who will hold the Police accountable if we the People don't? This was an unnecessary brutal assault on a Citizen. These officers must pay. Period,end of story.

You're going to look even more like a moron when the truth comes out and the police are vindicated.

Just trying to get a game for his Grandson who he has raised himself. WTG Police! Another success story.

Correction:

He was trying to steal a game for his grandson.

Come on now Lonestar. You can't claim innocent until proven guilty for the officers and then claim that you know this man's intent. I've owned retail stores for over twenty years and have certainly seen people put things under their jacket so that someone they were shopping with wouldn't see them buying it. The man could have had a legitimate reason for concealing the item and no one can claim intent unless he left the store with it. Unless he accosted the officers, then they were out of line. Don't get me wrong, I detest shoplifters, but innocent until proven guilty is for EVERYONE.

According to Arizona law, deliberately concealing an item for sale is considered shoplifting even if the person concealing the item has not left the store.

Correction:

He was trying to steal a game for his grandson.

Come on now Lonestar. You can't claim innocent until proven guilty for the officers and then claim that you know this man's intent. I've owned retail stores for over twenty years and have certainly seen people put things under their jacket so that someone they were shopping with wouldn't see them buying it. The man could have had a legitimate reason for concealing the item and no one can claim intent unless he left the store with it. Unless he accosted the officers, then they were out of line. Don't get me wrong, I detest shoplifters, but innocent until proven guilty is for EVERYONE.

According to Arizona law, deliberately concealing an item for sale is considered shoplifting even if the person concealing the item has not left the store.

Yes,so break the guy's face. Sure,why not? He's not a human being or anything. I think you're the one who's gonna be shocked when your jack-boot heroes are held accountable. Stay tuned.

Yes,so break the guy's face. Sure,why not? He's not a human being or anything. I think you're the one who's gonna be shocked when your jack-boot heroes are held accountable. Stay tuned.

He was resisting arrest so they took him down just they way they were trained to do. BTW the guy was released on $900.00 bond after being charged with shoplifting and resisting arrest.

He was resisting arrest so they took him down just they way they were trained to do. BTW the guy was released on $900.00 bond after being charged with shoplifting and resisting arrest.

So what? The Police lied again. What else is new? Next i'm sure they'll accuse him of being an Al Qaeda Terrorist too. Your word against theirs usually goes their way. It's how the system has been set up. But with all the recording technology these days,it's getting harder & harder for them to get away with their crimes. That's why some Police Departments are now suing Citizens over the right to record interactions with the Police. So why would they be suing fellow Citizens if they have nothing to hide or fear? Think about that a bit before the knee-jerk 'Police can do no wrong' reaction.

The man wasn't even shoplifting. He was tucking a game under his shirt because there was such a mad rush from the crowd to get the game. He was trying to get the game for his Grandson. He was doing what any brave and loving Grandfather would have done. Did he deserve this?

You see a man putting merchandise under his shirt, is your first impression that he is attempting to steal it or do you just assume he's hiding it from other shoppers?

When I worked at Sears, we were told they couldn't arrest them, even if they hid the merchandise, until they left the building with it hidden, that proved intent.

The man wasn't even shoplifting. He was tucking a game under his shirt because there was such a mad rush from the crowd to get the game. He was trying to get the game for his Grandson. He was doing what any brave and loving Grandfather would have done. Did he deserve this?

You see a man putting merchandise under his shirt, is your first impression that he is attempting to steal it or do you just assume he's hiding it from other shoppers?

When I worked at Sears, we were told they couldn't arrest them, even if they hid the merchandise, until they left the building with it hidden, that proved intent.

You must not live in Arizona or perhaps store policy is more lenient than the law.

So what? The Police lied again. What else is new? Next i'm sure they'll accuse him of being an Al Qaeda Terrorist too. Your word against theirs usually goes their way. It's how the system has been set up. But with all the recording technology these days,it's getting harder & harder for them to get away with their crimes. That's why some Police Departments are now suing Citizens over the right to record interactions with the Police. So why would they be suing fellow Citizens if they have nothing to hide or fear? Think about that a bit before the knee-jerk 'Police can do no wrong' reaction.

No evidence that the police lied. But clear evidence that you do.

Nice strawman.

Nice strawman.

I suggest you have your papers on you at all times young man. Because when the Gestapo comes for you,they wont take too kindly to you not having your papers. In fact,they might even smash your skull in for it. What would you do about it? It would be your word against theirs. How do you think that would turn out for you? Seriously,your undying devotion to the Police really is a bit sad & pathetic. Hopefully your turn will never come. Your worship of the Police is child-like and naive. I sure hope you never have to face reality. Because i don't think you could take it.

And they wonder why more & more Americans are turning on them?

David Chadd, a CNN iReporter from Las Vegas, was among the crowd shopping for video games set up in the Walmart's grocery section. He said Newman "was not resisting" arrest as he was led away from the crowd by a police officer.

That officer, Chadd said, then suddenly hooked the suspect around the leg, grabbed him and "slammed him face first into the ground."

"It was like a bowling ball hitting the ground, that's how bad it was," he said.

Video, recorded by Chadd and later posted on CNN's iReport, shows an apparently unconscious Newman head-down on the floor in a pool of blood. As he's turned over, Buckeye police officers appear to try to revive him -- at which point his face, covered mostly in blood, is revealed.

Several voices, apparently those of fellow shoppers are heard saying "Why would you throw him down so hard? All he did was shoplifting and you threw him down like that?" Another person says,"They threw him down. He wasn't doing anything wrong?"

Arizona police vow probe into bloody arrest of grandfather at Walmart - CNN.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

So now the police are going to investigate themselves in the matter. I think we all know how that will turn out.

So its OK to slam someone's head into the ground based on your first impression?

David Chadd, a CNN iReporter from Las Vegas, was among the crowd shopping for video games set up in the Walmart's grocery section. He said Newman "was not resisting" arrest as he was led away from the crowd by a police officer.

That officer, Chadd said, then suddenly hooked the suspect around the leg, grabbed him and "slammed him face first into the ground."

"It was like a bowling ball hitting the ground, that's how bad it was," he said.

Video, recorded by Chadd and later posted on CNN's iReport, shows an apparently unconscious Newman head-down on the floor in a pool of blood. As he's turned over, Buckeye police officers appear to try to revive him -- at which point his face, covered mostly in blood, is revealed.

Several voices, apparently those of fellow shoppers are heard saying "Why would you throw him down so hard? All he did was shoplifting and you threw him down like that?" Another person says,"They threw him down. He wasn't doing anything wrong?"

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

The thread title is misleading. It makes you think they arrested an elderly man. He doesn't appear that old to me.

No, the thread title is extremely accurate, as it refers to the man as a "grandfather" - which he is, as he had his grandson with him. You are just stupid for assuming all grandfathers are elderly.

Also where is the evidence of brutality? The video doesn't show any. How about we wait before making assumptions?

There's blood all over his face.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndXuTfp9j8E]Arizona Grandfather Roughed Up by Police in Walmart - YouTube[/ame]
You really are stupid.

You cannot do this to a person in his uh, demographic. Not on film.

Nice strawman.

I suggest you have your papers on you at all times young man. Because when the Gestapo comes for you,they wont take too kindly to you not having your papers. In fact,they might even smash your skull in for it. What would you do about it? It would be your word against theirs. How do you think that would turn out for you? Seriously,your undying devotion to the Police really is a bit sad & pathetic. Hopefully your turn will never come. Your worship of the Police is child-like and naive. I sure hope you never have to face reality. Because i don't think you could take it.

I don't worry about your paranoid delusions at all.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

So now the police are going to investigate themselves in the matter. I think we all know how that will turn out.

Promotions.

You cannot do this to a person in his uh, demographic. Not on film.
sure you can ! looks like a broken nose, they bleed alot.
no matter what the cops do, some dick head screams police brutality.
if the crowd showed a little restraint ,it never would have happend.

example:Newman was among a throng of shoppers crammed into a Buckeye, Arizona, Walmart soon after it opened late the night of Thanksgiving.

"They were just letting people in; there was nowhere to walk," said his daughter, Berneta Sanchez, who was also in the store. "Teenagers and adults were fighting for these games, taking them away from little kids and away from my father."

Last edited:

So its OK to slam someone's head into the ground based on your first impression?

There's no evidence that suggest the police slammed his head into the ground. If the man's head hit the ground while the police were "taking him down" then that's unfortunate.

New Topics

Forum List

Back