More Police Cruelty: Arizona To Investigate Bloody Arrest Of Grandfather At WalMart..

You're wrong.

The guy was caught stealing, although he says he was just hiding merchandise from fellow shoppers, and when the police went to detain him he resisted. The cop took him down with a leg sweep and subsequently cuffed him. The man did manage to bust his nose on the ground which bled profusely. The man was charged with shoplifting and resisting arrest and his bond was set at $900.00.

I think you're wrong.

It's not shoplifting until he tries to leave the store without paying.

According to Arizona law, deliberately concealing an item for sale is considered shoplifting even if the person concealing the item has not left the store.

BTW You shouldn't think.

Thanks for the link.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the guy was accosted and beaten in the store and at that point he hadn't shoplifted anything yet.
well.....no..

In the Phoenix suburb of Buckeye, Walmart shopper Jerald Allen Newman was roughed up by police as he put a video game in the waistband of his pants as he tried to lift his grandson so he wouldn't be trampled by a crowd. Witnesses told Phoenix TV station KSAZ that police thought the 54-year-old grandfather was stealing the video game.

Newman was among a throng of shoppers crammed into a Buckeye, Arizona, Walmart soon after it opened late the night of Thanksgiving.

"They were just letting people in; there was nowhere to walk," said his daughter, Berneta Sanchez, who was also in the store. "Teenagers and adults were fighting for these games, taking them away from little kids and away from my father."

the utube video only shows the aftermath not the incident .

The police are not going to attempt an arrest without a reason.

The "victim" as you call him, hid merchandise in his shirt which is an illegal act, then he resisted arrest, another illegal act. Had the subject not hid items under his clothes the police would have no cause to attampt an arrest.

So how is this the LEO's fault?

I carry about the same amount of weapons on me as a police officer does.

This is fantastic. If after the "investigation", you know, when cops investigate themselves, they find that the cops were wrong and the grandfather DID NOT RESIST, will you come back here and say you were wrong?

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. But that rarely happens because I am rarely wrong. :)

I was wrong once, I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was right. :D

Yes the witnesses will have the final say in this. The Police wont be allowed to lie their way out of this one. Too many witnesses around.

Well first of all I can assure you that when it goes to trial there will be several cops who will claim to be witnesses that will testify that he was resisting. Now this will be a total lie, of course, but that's how Arizona cops work.

Secondly, and I found this out the hard way, there's this law in Arizona that says essentially that if a cops "feels threatened" he may arrest with force. Now how I discovered that lovely law was because I didn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign, the cop stood there forever reading me the riot act, bitching at me like I had just raped his daughter, and finally I said something like "look, just give me my ticket so I can get to work and save the attitude for the rapists and murders." He pulled me out of the car, on went the cuffs, "accidentally" bounced my head off the door frame as he put me in the squad car, and off to the station we went. I was not resisting although I passionately stated the degree to which it was total bullshit.

On the stand he testified that I was threatening him with physical violence and I got to enjoy six months of anger management classes. The fucking cop grinned at me like the cat that got the canary on the way out of the courtroom too. I learned later that that kind of shit is run of the mill in Arizona and I am damned lucky I wasn't charged with assaulting a police officer which they can do for verbal statement.

I won't say this about other states police because I have never had any run-ins with them, but Arizona cops........they're thugs and that's all there is to it.
I don't know how common the verbal browbeating for the stop-sign "rolling" is but the lying in court is S.O.P. for cops in every jurisdiction I've known, heard or read about.

As long as you didn't verbally abuse or threaten that cop he had no legal right to pull you out of your car. But because there were no witnesses the cop's word prevails in court, which is why creative lying is a primary component of a police officer's job. They all do it and it's not unusual for a prosecutor to coach an arresting officer on how to "present" (lie).

Yes the witnesses will have the final say in this. The Police wont be allowed to lie their way out of this one. Too many witnesses around.

Well first of all I can assure you that when it goes to trial there will be several cops who will claim to be witnesses that will testify that he was resisting. Now this will be a total lie, of course, but that's how Arizona cops work.

Secondly, and I found this out the hard way, there's this law in Arizona that says essentially that if a cops "feels threatened" he may arrest with force. Now how I discovered that lovely law was because I didn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign, the cop stood there forever reading me the riot act, bitching at me like I had just raped his daughter, and finally I said something like "look, just give me my ticket so I can get to work and save the attitude for the rapists and murders." He pulled me out of the car, on went the cuffs, "accidentally" bounced my head off the door frame as he put me in the squad car, and off to the station we went. I was not resisting although I passionately stated the degree to which it was total bullshit.

On the stand he testified that I was threatening him with physical violence and I got to enjoy six months of anger management classes. The fucking cop grinned at me like the cat that got the canary on the way out of the courtroom too. I learned later that that kind of shit is run of the mill in Arizona and I am damned lucky I wasn't charged with assaulting a police officer which they can do for verbal statement.

I won't say this about other states police because I have never had any run-ins with them, but Arizona cops........they're thugs and that's all there is to it.
I don't know how common the verbal browbeating for the stop-sign "rolling" is but the lying in court is S.O.P. for cops in every jurisdiction I've known, heard or read about.

As long as you didn't verbally abuse or threaten that cop he had no legal right to pull you out of your car. But because there were no witnesses the cop's word prevails in court, which is why creative lying is a primary component of a police officer's job. They all do it and it's not unusual for a prosecutor to coach an arresting officer on how to "present" (lie).

Good point. Your word against theirs is always a loss for the citizen. The system is corrupt that way. Always always record interactions with the Police. They will lie.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the guy was accosted and beaten in the store and at that point he hadn't shoplifted anything yet.
well.....no..

In the Phoenix suburb of Buckeye, Walmart shopper Jerald Allen Newman was roughed up by police as he put a video game in the waistband of his pants as he tried to lift his grandson so he wouldn't be trampled by a crowd. Witnesses told Phoenix TV station KSAZ that police thought the 54-year-old grandfather was stealing the video game.

Newman was among a throng of shoppers crammed into a Buckeye, Arizona, Walmart soon after it opened late the night of Thanksgiving.

"They were just letting people in; there was nowhere to walk," said his daughter, Berneta Sanchez, who was also in the store. "Teenagers and adults were fighting for these games, taking them away from little kids and away from my father."

The part about folks taking games away from people is a little far-fetched in my opinion.

You should review the dash cam. It automatically comes on when the officer engages his emergency lights and it never lies.

The part about folks taking games away from people is a little far-fetched in my opinion.

Hell shit like that is why I don't shop on Black Friday. Little old ladies will start throwing elbows to get a waffle maker. People will take shit right out of your cart or right out of your hands. It's one of the most disgusting displays of greed driven contempt for one's fellow human beings that I have ever witnessed. :lol:

well.....no..

What, you don't remember the cabbage patch dolls? An eleven year old girl had her arm broken so some piece of scum could get the doll for his/her own kid.

That's one of the reason's I avoid black Friday sales like the plague. We have a better class of people coming in to get free lunches at the church.

well.....no..

What, you don't remember the cabbage patch dolls? An eleven year old girl had her arm broken so some piece of scum could get the doll for his/her own kid.

That's one of the reason's I avoid black Friday sales like the plague. We have a better class of people coming in to get free lunches at the church.

Crazy, isn't it?

I mean how much shit does one have to buy to save enough money to make that whole scene worth the effort?

well.....no..

No I can't say I remember that. I still find it hard to believe that people would grab things right out your hand. I can understand them taking from your cart, but right out of your hands? I'd have to see it to believe it.

No I can't say I remember that. I still find it hard to believe that people would grab things right out your hand. I can understand them taking from your cart, but right out of your hands? I'd have to see it to believe it.

Hell, Lonestar, just this year in LA some lady pepper sprayed a bunch of people just to get to the front of the line. You think someone has a problem with grabbing Madden '12 out of your hands? :lol:

Hell, Lonestar, just this year in LA some lady pepper sprayed a bunch of people just to get to the front of the line. You think someone has a problem with grabbing Madden '12 out of your hands? :lol:

Apples and Oranges.

well.....no..

actually it's not ... A few years back on Black Friday ,my wife and I made the mistake of shopping for Christmas lights at wal mart, they were running a special on TVs.
as it was being announced over the PA, a crowd of about 100 people started running into the electronics section.
ALL HELL Broke loose, people were fighting over the sets, grabbing ,pushing, jumping over each other.
a stack of TVs was toppled over,you could hear the picture tubes breaking inside the boxes.
some of the crowd took the opportunity to steal ipods, dvds, cds.
I saw one woman running for the door with a ironing board and several paks of depends.
the last thing I saw before store security and the cops sealed of the store, was two gang bangers running balls out with a shopping cart full of car stereos, the afore mentioned TVs and a case of slim Jim's.
so it's not far fetched at all.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back