More Perfection from the Perfect Peoples

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
U.N.'s World Health Organization Eyeing Global Tax on Banking, Internet Activity

The World Health Organization (WHO) is considering a plan to ask governments to impose a global consumer tax on such things as Internet activity or everyday financial transactions like paying bills online.

Such a scheme could raise "tens of billions of dollars" on behalf of the United Nations' public health arm from a broad base of consumers, which would then be used to transfer drug-making research, development and manufacturing capabilities, among other things, to the developing world.

The multibillion-dollar "indirect consumer tax" is only one of a "suite of proposals" for financing the rapid transformation of the global medical industry that will go before WHO's 34-member supervisory Executive Board at its biannual meeting in Geneva.

The idea is the most lucrative — and probably the most controversial — of a number of schemes proposed by a 25-member panel of medical experts, academics and health care bureaucrats who have been working for the past 14 months at WHO's behest on "new and innovative sources of funding" to accomplish major shifts in the production of medical R&D.

WHO's so-called Expert Working Group has also suggested asking rich countries to set aside fixed portions of their gross domestic product to finance the shift in worldwide research and development, as well as asking cash-rich developing nations like China, India or Venezuela to pony up more of the money.

U.N.'s World Health Organization Eyeing Global Tax on Banking, Internet Activity - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

can ya dig it?? how cool it is to be perfect????

How boring is your life Willow?

Just out of curiosity...

Did you hear the one about credit card companies charging a 2 - 3% swipe fee on donations for earthquake relief in Haiti?
Remember when retail stores and manufacturers stood behind their products? Today they sell extended warranties - and make products designed to fail.

You remind me of an autistic person. You become fixated on certain things for a while and over indulge yourself in them until you move on to the next thing.

You have aspbergers syndrome, don't you?

You remind me of an autistic person. You become fixated on certain things for a while and over indulge yourself in them until you move on to the next thing.

I might,, I'm imperfect.. are you perfect? tell me now,, cause it's useless for imperfect to argue with perfect..

I might,, I'm imperfect.. are you perfect? tell me now,, cause it's useless for imperfect to argue with perfect..

Exactly :thup:

I only have one comment:

If that is true, no frigging way!

And if that comment is too difficult for the idiots at the U.N. to understand my next reply would be:

F.U.

Immie

Exactly :thup:

Perfect Paulie.. that has a nice ring to it donchyathink?

Forum List

Back