More people murdered with knives, body parts and blunt objects than rifles in 2011

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
PolitiFact: Yes, more people murdered with knives, body parts and blunt objects than rifles in 2011

By Katie Pavlich
01/20/2013

This infographic is floating around Facebook.
Screenshot2013-01-18at34046PM.png

And according to PolitiFact (and the FBI) it’s true.

Our ruling
The post uses data selectively, ignoring the significant role of handguns in gun violence. But the statistics it mentions are solid. FBI data backs up the Facebook post’s claim that in 2011, more people were murdered with knives, “hands or feet” or “clubs and hammers” than with any type of rifle. We rate the statement True.

You can read the whole assessment here:
PolitiFact | Facebook post says more people were murdered with knives, body parts or blunt objects than with rifles

..and they still don't get it! If guns cause death then all of mine must be defective. ~shrug~

PolitiFact: Yes, more people murdered with knives, body parts and blunt objects than rifles in 2011

By Katie Pavlich
01/20/2013

This infographic is floating around Facebook.
Screenshot2013-01-18at34046PM.png

And according to PolitiFact (and the FBI) it’s true.

Our ruling
The post uses data selectively, ignoring the significant role of handguns in gun violence. But the statistics it mentions are solid. FBI data backs up the Facebook post’s claim that in 2011, more people were murdered with knives, “hands or feet” or “clubs and hammers” than with any type of rifle. We rate the statement True.

You can read the whole assessment here:
PolitiFact | Facebook post says more people were murdered with knives, body parts or blunt objects than with rifles

Sssshhhh. You trying to get a hand gun ban passed?

Really this assault aeapon ban is going to only benefit gun manufacturers as they can sell their current product for more and then sell ban approved clips for more in the future.

And all the massacres were with semi-autos with giant clips....

and thousands of murders were with guns bought with no background checks, thanks to pubs.

..and they still don't get it! If guns cause death then all of mine must be defective. ~shrug~

I am so glad to hear that your guns have not ganged up and attacked you in your sleep. I think some people actually believe that if a person holds a gun in their hand, they'll get a sudden urge to shoot someone. I don't hear such idiotic claims about knifes or baseball bats.

Maybe some day, common sense will prevail and the alarmists will realize that it's people who commit murder. If a deranged person decides to kill you, there are so many ways it can be done. Even if they don't have a gun, you're not safe, but if you have a gun then the game changes.

Forum List

Back