More On Sharia Law In Canada

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
I can't vouch for the source, but the article raised some more questions for me as far as this issue is concerned.

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=13321

Canada's Sharia Option
By Val MacQueen
FrontPageMagazine.com | May 10, 2004

"It's something nobody can change and we must follow," said Suad Almad at her women’s group in Toronto. "We come to Canada and we become lost . . . We need our own court and we need our own law.” The speaker, a Somalian, was admitted to Canada as a refugee, thanks to the generosity of the citizenry of Canada, twelve years ago. But that wasn’t enough. Now she has decided that Canada’s tradition of one law applied equally to everyone isn’t to her taste.

According to the Washington Post Foreign Service, up piped another woman at the same meeting, who also thinks Muslims should be judged according to their own beliefs. “No stealing, no drugs, no sex without marriage. No pork. This is our law. A man may take a second or third wife if he is able to support them financially. Yes, there is jealousy, but it is allowed under Sharia. We are Somali and we are Muslim. When we go to court, the judge understands the secular system, but doesn't understand Sharia law.”

So after 12 years in the country, they apparently haven’t had the will to commit themselves to Canadian citizenship, although they do have the impudence to suggest that Canada amend its laws to suit them.

Well, we all thought the Netherlands or France would be the first to adopt some form of Sharia law as the thin end of the wedge of catering to Muslim immigrants who universally appear unable to fit in with their host societies. Yet the Netherlands has just put a four-year moratorium on all immigration, including “asylum seekers”, has stopped schooling Muslim children in the home language of their parents/grandparents, and has closed down many of its Muslim community centers. And France is banning the headscarf on school property and is shoveling undesirable imams out of the country at a rate of knots.

So Canada has become the first country in the West to kowtow to immigrant Islamic demands that they not only have a right to settle in the country and be free to practice their religion unhindered, but also the right to bring their own laws with them.

Said, maybe it's just me, but that would make me very nervous!

Kathianne said:
Said, maybe it's just me, but that would make me very nervous!

Even though this only suppposed to address family law, there are too many situations ie: violence, adultry, theft, child abduction, which all fall under the blanket of family law. This is what I find most troubling - the protection of those who need it, under Canadian provincial and federal laws.

:puke: What is this country coming to??
Said1 said:
I can't vouch for the source, but the article raised some more questions for me as far as this issue is concerned.

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=13321

Canada's Sharia Option
By Val MacQueen
FrontPageMagazine.com | May 10, 2004

"It's something nobody can change and we must follow," said Suad Almad at her women’s group in Toronto. "We come to Canada and we become lost . . . We need our own court and we need our own law.” The speaker, a Somalian, was admitted to Canada as a refugee, thanks to the generosity of the citizenry of Canada, twelve years ago. But that wasn’t enough. Now she has decided that Canada’s tradition of one law applied equally to everyone isn’t to her taste.

According to the Washington Post Foreign Service, up piped another woman at the same meeting, who also thinks Muslims should be judged according to their own beliefs. “No stealing, no drugs, no sex without marriage. No pork. This is our law. A man may take a second or third wife if he is able to support them financially. Yes, there is jealousy, but it is allowed under Sharia. We are Somali and we are Muslim. When we go to court, the judge understands the secular system, but doesn't understand Sharia law.”

So after 12 years in the country, they apparently haven’t had the will to commit themselves to Canadian citizenship, although they do have the impudence to suggest that Canada amend its laws to suit them.

Well, we all thought the Netherlands or France would be the first to adopt some form of Sharia law as the thin end of the wedge of catering to Muslim immigrants who universally appear unable to fit in with their host societies. Yet the Netherlands has just put a four-year moratorium on all immigration, including “asylum seekers”, has stopped schooling Muslim children in the home language of their parents/grandparents, and has closed down many of its Muslim community centers. And France is banning the headscarf on school property and is shoveling undesirable imams out of the country at a rate of knots.

So Canada has become the first country in the West to kowtow to immigrant Islamic demands that they not only have a right to settle in the country and be free to practice their religion unhindered, but also the right to bring their own laws with them.

Said1 said:
"We come to Canada and we become lost . . . We need our own court and we need our own law.”

Jesus. What about the Canadians? Do they get THEIR own court and law? If you need yours, why the fuck did you come to Canada? Why didn't you stay in raghead land?

Sorry about the cursing. But this stuff makes me boil. These foreign assholes are so arrogant. They plow in here --- illegally and otherwise --- and start making demands all over the place for this and that, for us to respect THEIR culture, etc. WHY DON'T THEY RESPECT OURS?

Granted, it would be evener if we stayed out of the middle east, but that's another fight.

William Joyce said:
Jesus. What about the Canadians? Do they get THEIR own court and law? If you need yours, why the fuck did you come to Canada? Why didn't you stay in raghead land?

That's more or less my point - minus the slurs. If they find Canadian society to difficult to adapt to, they could try Kosovo. There are limits to multi-culturalism which need to be imposed in Canada. This makes me wonder "what next?". I know there are those who do not see the difference between Sharia law and hummas, but there is a huge difference between food and religious law.

Sorry about the cursing. But this stuff makes me boil. These foreign assholes are so arrogant. They plow in here --- illegally and otherwise --- and start making demands all over the place for this and that, for us to respect THEIR culture, etc. WHY DON'T THEY RESPECT OURS?

Again respecting culture is radically different from accepting religious law in a country that already has a judicial system in place which serves it's people quite well. There should be NO seperation between them, and us period.

William Joyce said:

Granted, it would be evener if we stayed out of the middle east, but that's another fight.

William it's seldom that we agree on anything much, but in this case I do, pertaining to America, sorry if we're hijacking one of your threads, Canadians! :scratch:

I savor the diversity immigration has given our country. It's evident in arts, food, music, entertainment of all sorts. It's been good for our country over the years. Somehow though, in the 70's in all likelihood, we took a wrong turn. I think immigrants, legal and not, got mixed up with civil rights and women's lib rhetoric. The era of hyphenated Americans made their debut. While there certainly is nothing wrong in saying, which I don't, the I'm Irish-American, it would be wrong if I start getting offended at someone displaying the British flag. Or accused a critic of James Joyce of being anti-Irish.

To think that one can make a new country a replica of the old, well it's not going to happen. If that's a large segment of the immigrant population, there are going to be problems, ala Mexico and Islamacists. Now, that doesn't mean that there are or should be any restrictions on what practices one teaches ones children, culture that is practiced at home, at churches, group meetings, etc. However, when there is the attempts, much less the aquiescence in schools, hospitals, government signs, etc., it has a destabalizing effect on the host country.

Canadians should be outraged at any suggestion that sharia law will be allowed in Ontario. How dare the legislators allow Canadian citizens(muslims included) y less protection than provided for under CANADIAN law. If these assholes want their law then please go home to your miserable backward countries and beat your wives there. To even think that we as Canadians will step back to include Muslim law is an insult.

Forum List

Back