More on Kerry's Iraq vote...

Moi

Sep 2, 2003
The ONLY GOOD place
I copied this from another website:

War Resolution Vote 2002:

Yes - 88
No -12

Levin Amendment: Would have required UNSC authorization or Vote from Congress before President could launch war.

Byrd Amendment: Would have safegaurded Congress' constitution in declaring war and ensured that no additional grant of aid made to the President beyond Iraq.

Kerry Votes:

War Resolution: Yes
Levin Amendment: No
Byrd Amendment: No

http://epic-usa.org/toolbox/2002-senate-war-resolution-vote.pdf

When looked at in the context of his current position on the war, that vote will be a serious weapon with which Rove will hammer the hell out of Kerry. Kerry, like the gifted politician he is, clearly shifts with the political winds, and seems to have little public integrity. Not to say that Bush is any better; while superficially consistant, Bush has over and over again demonstrated his desire to use political wedges and demonize his opponents to be reelected, conveniently ignoring the factual and logical dimensions of whatever issue he happens to be discussing. Or, as is often the case, use surrogates to do it for you. Just look at the South Carolina primary. :)

Originally posted by Syntax_Divinity
When looked at in the context of his current position on the war, that vote will be a serious weapon with which Rove will hammer the hell out of Kerry. Kerry, like the gifted politician he is, clearly shifts with the political winds, and seems to have little public integrity. Not to say that Bush is any better; while superficially consistant, Bush has over and over again demonstrated his desire to use political wedges and demonize his opponents to be reelected, conveniently ignoring the factual and logical dimensions of whatever issue he happens to be discussing. Or, as is often the case, use surrogates to do it for you. Just look at the South Carolina primary. :)

So says you. Frankly I think your full of it. I think the dems use political wedges more. Come on, issuing marriage licensed illegally? That was provocative and divisive.

I have no interest in debating with you. It's pure frustration; you dance around like a fairy and are afraid to commit to a postion and to substantiate your assertions. Forget it. Maybe you'll realize how foolish and weak you make your side of the debate look when you behave like that. I'm off, I have class in about an hour, and I need to take a short nap.

Originally posted by Syntax_Divinity
I have no interest in debating with you. It's pure frustration; you dance around like a fairy and are afraid to commit to a postion and to substantiate your assertions. Forget it. Maybe you'll realize how foolish and weak you make your side of the debate look when you behave like that. I'm off, I have class in about an hour, and I need to take a short nap.

Not at all, you're just mentally half shut down, to protect your frail ego. It's part of growing.

Forum List

Back