Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
on topic, of course:

Ed Driscoll » Christmas In Cambodia With ClimateGate

Very link rich:

December 2nd, 2009 1:08 pm
Christmas In Cambodia With ClimateGate

uWay back in the 2004 presidential election campaign, unlike real MSM TV journalists, faux anchorman Jon Stewart was the only “reporter” to ask John Kerry about his supposed misadventures in Cambodia during the Vietnam War.

Flash-forward to 2009: the Business & Media Institute notes “12 Days, 3 Networks and No Mention of ClimateGate Scandal,” but once again…Jon Stewart breaks the embargo, adding, “Why would you throw out raw data from the eighties? — I still have Penthouse magazines from the seventies!”

Heh. Well, that’s one way to get through all the Global Cooling that was going on back then!

Update: And to further bring 2009 full circle with 2004, at the American Enterprise Institute’s blog, Jay Richards writes, “Revenge of the Nerds:

Let's see if this can be the adult table for adult discussion and the children stay at the kiddie table. :rolleyes:

I'm re-posting E7's video of Jon Stewart, too. Thank you JS for saying what all rational persons say.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgPUpIBWGp8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgPUpIBWGp8[/ame]

Jon Stewart is teh awesome.

I love how everyone overlooks his laughing at the rightwing loons at the end of the clip.

I guess private schools don't teach critical thinking anymore. :lol:

I love how everyone overlooks his laughing at the rightwing loons at the end of the clip.

Who is overlooking anything, ravi? I posted some content and said that he said what all rational persons would like to say. If you have a comment to make on that content, go for it. A critical thinker would address all the content, as I did. Can you?

Who is overlooking anything, ravi? I posted some content and said that he said what all rational persons would like to say. If you have a comment to make on that content, go for it. A critical thinker would address all the content, as I did. Can you?
Been there, done that...someone had a meltdown and the thread got closed.

Yes, it did. Is that the kiddies' goal here as well?

Do you have a comment on the entire content, or would you like to have a meltdown like other children?

You give us a rough row to hoe at the "adult table" if you start with a Jon Stewart clip, but here goes.

Folks are quick to throw up their arms and say leave science to scientists. As if they conducted such difficult and unfathomable mysteries that no one could possibly hope to understand. You should simply take their findings as truth and move on. In fact, the process is understandable even if the subject, measuring equipment and findings are complicated.

You start with a hypothesis then develop a methodology to test your idea. You try to anticipate things that would cause your results to vary and refine your methods to reduce the effects. Then and only then do you move forward with the testing and data gathering. Then you report your findings and draw conclusions.

Things you don't do are:

1. Throw away raw data.
2. Manipulate some data with one method while treating similiar data with another method.
3. Dropout same data without stating you have done so and explaining why it is acceptable.
4. Over state the effects of your causes, while understating other causes.
5. Disallow others from trying to reproduce your results with the raw data and your methodology.
6. If others try and come to a diferent conclusion, you do not try to prevent their research from being
known. You attempt to show errors in their research or admit same in yours.

Do you have a comment on the entire content, or would you like to have a meltdown like other children?
Since the kiddie started the thread, probably.

You are free to read my comments on the other thread.

Since the kiddie started the thread, probably.

You are free to read my comments on the other thread.
Good. Then you have nothing further to say here.

Thanks.

I must conclude the adult table comment was sarcastic. I suppose the thread could have just been highjacked.

Steward calling Bullshit on ManMade Global Warming is as big as when Cronkite called the Vietnam War for the Communists AFTER we inflicted one of the greatest asskingings in military on them after Tet.

In the coming days this will certainly reverberate through the hollow heads of Libruls everywhere

Sometimes truth is easier to accept when delivered with humor. Jon has a left-leaning tendency, but I think he is also motivated by a strong dislike for anyone who lies. Seems he has put these scientists in that category.

Last edited:
I thought Jon Stewart was a comedian, thanks for clearing that up for me and letting me know he is a "reporter".

I was patiently waiting for someone to post that. Unfortunately, too many young people get their "news" from Jon Stewart and think they're being educated.

Forum List

Back