More Of The Same & Raising Taxes: Winning Platform For Dems? Yea Or Nay?

I thought the middle class was what it was all about? Or are you crab walking here because you have nothing to say to defend your indefensible (and stupid) opinion?
The gov't spent nearly a trillion dollars to "stimulate demand" and the economy still sucks. How does that square with anything you've written?

I'm not crab walking.

If you actually understood supply and demand then you would know that demand needs to come from somewhere.

Where is it coming from? The consumer

And what's the largest class in this country and the class who buys the majority of the products/services? The middle class. If they're not buying as many products/services then demand drops and the economy suffers.

Why hasn't the bailout worked yet? Well, it takes time to see changes in the economy. It may be another 2 years before we see significant changes. That's just the nature of a huge economy.

I thought the middle class was what it was all about? Or are you crab walking here because you have nothing to say to defend your indefensible (and stupid) opinion?
The gov't spent nearly a trillion dollars to "stimulate demand" and the economy still sucks. How does that square with anything you've written?

I'm not crab walking.

If you actually understood supply and demand then you would know that demand needs to come from somewhere.

Where is it coming from? The consumer

And what's the largest class in this country and the class who buys the majority of the products/services? The middle class. If they're not buying as many products/services then demand drops and the economy suffers.

Why hasn't the bailout worked yet? Well, it takes time to see changes in the economy. It may be another 2 years before we see significant changes. That's just the nature of a huge economy.
Are you flacking for the Obama Administration? It may take 2 years??? Their own economists said this would be the summer of recovery because of the stimulus.
But you ignore the other examples, Bush and Carter. Those initiatives failed too.
You fail. Your understanding of economics is dismal. Demand a refund from your teachers because they've committed malpractice.

Are you flacking for the Obama Administration? It may take 2 years??? Their own economists said this would be the summer of recovery because of the stimulus.
But you ignore the other examples, Bush and Carter. Those initiatives failed too.
You fail. Your understanding of economics is dismal. Demand a refund from your teachers because they've committed malpractice.

My understanding is dismal. :lol:

Have you taken an economics class? Because I don't think you have. You're just uninformed and unfamilar with how economics really works. Your argument as to why it doesn't work has no substance what so ever which leads me to believe you don't know enough about it to defend your position.

Why didn't those other examples work? They actually did work but it took a lot of time to reap the benefits because consumer confidence doesn't just magically go up overnight.

more taxes on the uber rich, I could care less.

IF you think trickle down economics never worked.

Wait 'till you see how well trickle down taxes do.

Any tax on the rich is passed on to the consumer by increased cost of goods and services.

It's basic math.

I know more about supply side than I need to and I subscribe to it.

The assclowns on the right brought this pile of shit on themselves. Fix your fucking party and you can have power back.

Fix what party? I'm a conservative independent. I don't want the gop in power, I want the POS DNC OUT. If you can't see the damage both have done by now, there's not a lot of help I can offer, except rip up you dnc membership card and vote for the person and not the (D).

My understanding is dismal. :lol:

Have you taken an economics class? Because I don't think you have. You're just uninformed and unfamilar with how economics really works. Your argument as to why it doesn't work has no substance what so ever which leads me to believe you don't know enough about it to defend your position.

Why didn't those other examples work? They actually did work but it took a lot of time to reap the benefits because consumer confidence doesn't just magically go up overnight.

Yes, it is. Glad you agree.
You can't argue against what I wrote so you declare victory and mvoe on. Meanwhile reality sets in and your viewpoint is a dismal misunderstanding of economics.
Fail.

You can't argue against what I wrote so you declare victory and mvoe on. Meanwhile reality sets in and your viewpoint is a dismal misunderstanding of economics.
Fail.

I didn't declare victory...you did. If you want to prove why I'm wrong then give me some reasons rather then just say "fail" like a fucking jackass.

Go study Keynesian Economics. You'll find out you're the one who has failed.

Fail.

I didn't declare victory...you did. If you want to prove why I'm wrong then give me some reasons rather then just say "fail" like a fucking jackass.

Go study Keynesian Economics. You'll find out you're the one who has failed.

The whole country has gotten a study in Keynesian economics. It doesn't work. If it worked we'd have 5-6% unemployment and GDP growing at 5-7%. We don't.

The whole country has gotten a study in Keynesian economics. It doesn't work. If it worked we'd have 5-6% unemployment and GDP growing at 5-7%. We don't.

It was the reason this country got out of the Great Depression. It was the reason there was such a great spike in economic growth after that point. It's also not a coinicedence that once it was basically done away with in the 70's that there have been numerous recessions since.

Most colleges teach Keynesian economics btw. I'm sure you'd be happy to know that fact.

It was the reason this country got out of the Great Depression. It was the reason there was such a great spike in economic growth after that point. It's also not a coinicedence that once it was basically done away with in the 70's that there have been numerous recessions since.

Most colleges teach Keynesian economics btw. I'm sure you'd be happy to know that fact.

Jesus, you know as little about history as you do about econ.
WW2 got us out of the Great Depression. There are plenty of articles linked around here showing that.
The spike in activity after the war came precisely because the country repudiated the New Deal under Truman. That and the fact the U.S. had the only functioning industrial base in the world. Keynesianism was done away immediately after WW2. Remember Kennedy's tax cuts in 1960? Not Keynesian.
Post some more so we can see just how ill-informed you are.

WW2 got us out of the Great Depression. There are plenty of articles linked around here showing that.
The spike in activity after the war came precisely because the country repudiated the New Deal under Truman. That and the fact the U.S. had the only functioning industrial base in the world. Keynesianism was done away immediately after WW2. Remember Kennedy's tax cuts in 1960? Not Keynesian.

You're the one that's wrong here. Truman didn't repudiate the New Deal. He expanded on it with something called the "Fair Deal."

JFK believed in Keynesianism. Read this article if you don't believe me.

JFK, the demand-side tax cutter. - By David Greenberg - Slate Magazine

Try again Rabbi.

You're the one that's wrong here. Truman didn't repudiate the New Deal. He expanded on it with something called the "Fair Deal."

JFK believed in Keynesianism. Read this article if you don't believe me.

JFK, the demand-side tax cutter. - By David Greenberg - Slate Magazine

Try again Rabbi.

Only thing about raising taxes on any business Urkie...

A business takes what it costs to make a widget, and then markes up the price so they make a profit. Taxes paid out are considered cost of doing business. Thus, an increase in taxes owed gets passed on to consumers. No law against that, and that is what happens.

Economics has nothing to do with it really, it's business that matters in this situation. There's always what you get out of a book in college, and then there's what happens in the world after college.

Another believer in the consumer as economy driver. If your profs really taught that they need to have their degrees revoked.
The gov't has just spent nearly a trillion dollars doing exactly that: putting money in people's hands. It didnt work. Bush spent millions sending out rebate checks to do what you suggest. It didn't work
Carter spent millions of dollars sending rebate checks to people. That didnt work.
The reason it doesn't work is because it is wrong. Do you not understand that??

You are wrong and don't seem to understand supply and demand. Supply and demand is what economics is all about. It must have went over your head though.

Yep, and with the Health care Bill, what they have done is Increase Demand on the system, with out increasing supply, and they expect to somehow decrease costs. :cuckoo:

A business takes what it costs to make a widget, and then markes up the price so they make a profit. Taxes paid out are considered cost of doing business. Thus, an increase in taxes owed gets passed on to consumers. No law against that, and that is what happens.

Economics has nothing to do with it really, it's business that matters in this situation. There's always what you get out of a book in college, and then there's what happens in the world after college.

I understand what you're saying and believe it or not I actually do think the corporate tax should be lowered. But income tax rates can't go any lower imo because to do so would lead to an even bigger national deficit. I think they're already too low to be quite honest.

I don't really see a 4% increase as detrimental to those big businesses though. It's not going to cripple them. But I really do see it as an opportunity for more small businesses to come into play which would drive up the competition and in turn keep prices down.

Yep, and with the Health care Bill, what they have done is Increase Demand on the system, with out increasing supply, and they expect to somehow decrease costs. :cuckoo:

Don't ask me because I don't know either but if it really does then that's a win win situation.

I just don't see the Democrats offering anything but more of the same and eventually raising Taxes. It's over. They're FIRED!

I just don't see the Democrats offering anything but more of the same and eventually raising Taxes. It's over. They're FIRED!

Have you looked at any of their platforms yet? Maybe you haven't, and maybe that's why you "just don't see" it.

I understand what you're saying and believe it or not I actually do think the corporate tax should be lowered. But income tax rates can't go any lower imo because to do so would lead to an even bigger national deficit. I think they're already too low to be quite honest.

I don't really see a 4% increase as detrimental to those big businesses though. It's not going to cripple them. But I really do see it as an opportunity for more small businesses to come into play which would drive up the competition and in turn keep prices down.

The problem with that tho is that the cost gets passed on to consumers.

Have you looked at any of their platforms yet? Maybe you haven't, and maybe that's why you "just don't see" it.

I think what's going on is that most folks gave up on the Dems when they rammed healthcare through, etc and pissed everyone off. Too late to change the toon now as it were.

Forum List

Back