More Of The Same & Raising Taxes: Winning Platform For Dems? Yea Or Nay?

So do you think my argument makes sense then? You guys wanted it clarified so the least you could do is tell me why you disagree with it.

"My argument is that if you increase the taxes on the top 3% then it makes the market more competitive and it gives smaller businesses and middle class people more of an opportunity. That was one of the biggest reasons why the economy boomed in the 90's."

So do you think my argument makes sense then? You guys wanted it clarified so the least you could do is tell me why you disagree with it.

"My argument is that if you increase the taxes on the top 3% then it makes the market more competitive and it gives smaller businesses and middle class people more of an opportunity. That was one of the biggest reasons why the economy boomed in the 90's."

That's the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard of.
You must be on Obama's economic team.

It makes perfect sense if you understand how a capitalist system actually works.

It makes perfect sense if you've spent 20 years smoking pot. If you've read one legitimate book about economics you would know it's idiotic.

I know economics better then most people buddy and I also know how markets work. Apparently you're the one that doesn't.

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense if you understand how a capitalist system actually works.

It makes perfect sense if you've spent 20 years smoking pot. If you've read one legitimate book about economics you would know it's idiotic.

I know economics better then most people buddy and I also know how markets work. Apparently you're the one that doesn't.

If you believe that stupidity then you've proven you have dogshit for brains. There are no terms vile enough to heap on someone who really thinks that. Uninformed and ignorant are simply two of the nicest.

If you believe that stupidity then you've proven you have dogshit for brains. There are no terms vile enough to heap on someone who really thinks that. Uninformed and ignorant are simply two of the nicest.

Give me one reason why it's "stupid" rather then just saying it is. I could say something is stupid too. It's that easy.

I'll try to simplify this for you in terms you can understand:

1) An increase in cost for large corporations means they will have to become a little smaller. Short term pain, long term gain for the overall economy. Some corporations in this country have become way too large anyway.

2) That creates an opportunity for another company, likely a smaller one to jump into the market. That creates a very competitive atmosphere which is always good for capitalism.

3) Competition means more jobs.

Now what's your idea? To keep the status quo? Keep cutting taxes and not solving the real problem.

Give me one reason why it's "stupid" rather then just saying it is. I could say something is stupid too. It's that easy.

I'll try to simplify this for you in terms you can understand:

1) An increase in cost for large corporations means they will have to become a little smaller. Short term pain, long term gain for the overall economy. Some corporations in this country have become way too large anyway.

2) That creates an opportunity for another company, likely a smaller one to jump into the market. That creates a very competitive atmosphere which is always good for capitalism.

3) Competition means more jobs.

Now what's your idea? To keep the status quo? Keep cutting taxes and not solving the real problem.

I cold give a hundred reasons. But the simple one is it is dead wrong.
You've clearly never studied economics beyond reading leftist postings on the internet. If you actually believe any of that you are an ignoramus of epic proportions.

You've clearly never studied economics beyond reading leftist postings on the internet. If you actually believe any of that you are an ignoramus of epic proportions.

I'm in college right now and I've taken 3 classes in economics so don't tell me I don't know anything about it. I know a hell of a lot about it. I mean, I may not be an economist but I do know enough about it to have a basic understanding.

Answer this question. When has increased competition ever been a bad thing in capitalism? Because what I'm proposing is to create that. What you think is right will only keep growing the larger companies and making it harder and harder for other companies to get market share. It's really not that hard to come to that conclusion.

I'm in college right now
and I've taken 3 classes in economics so don't tell me I don't know anything about it. I know a hell of a lot about it. I mean, I may not be an economist but I do know enough about it to have a basic understanding.

Answer this question. When has increased competition ever been a bad thing in capitalism? Because what I'm proposing is to create that. What you think is right will only keep growing the larger companies and making it harder and harder for other companies to get market share. It's really not that hard to come to that conclusion.

THAT explains why you post such stupidity. Go to your econ profs and tell them either you deserve to fail or you want your money back.
Why don't we break up every company over $100M in sales. That will make for competition, right?
LOL, what a maroon!

THAT explains why you post such stupidity. Go to your econ profs and tell them either you deserve to fail or you want your money back.
Why don't we break up every company over $100M in sales. That will make for competition, right?
LOL, what a maroon!

I never said I wanted to break up every company over 100 million sales. What I did say is that taxing them at a higher rate will generate more competition.

LOL, what a maroon!

I never said I wanted to break up every company over 100 million sales. What I did say is that taxing them at a higher rate will generate more competition.

Yup, you sure did!
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yup, you sure did!

Put your ideology aside asshole.

What is the driving force in the economy? What is it because I think you're going to say that same group of people that I want to raise taxes on is when in reality it's the middle class. The middle class is the group of people who buy the majority of products in this country. If they have more of an opportunity to thrive then they will, in theory, buy more products which grows the economy faster the last time I checked.

Yup, you sure did!

Put your ideology aside asshole.

What is the driving force in the economy? What is it because I think you're going to say that same group of people that I want to raise taxes on is when in reality it's the middle class. The middle class is the group of people who buy the majority of products in this country. If they have more of an opportunity to thrive then they will, in theory, buy more products which grows the economy faster the last time I checked.

Yup, you either failed Econ or your professors are incompetent.

The driving force behind the economy is the desire for people to make a better life for themselves. Please explain how making that impossible is going to help anyone.
Then you can tell us how outlawing full time jobs will increase employment. It makes as much sense as anything else you've posted. ROFL!!!

The driving force behind the economy is the desire for people to make a better life for themselves. Please explain how making that impossible is going to help anyone.
Then you can tell us how outlawing full time jobs will increase employment. It makes as much sense as anything else you've posted. ROFL!!!

I'm not proposing to make that impossible buddy. I'm proposing to allow more small businesses to thrive and that's where the majority of middle class Americans work anyway. You put more money in the pockets of that group of people, then it does help everybody.

What you propose is to give more money to the group at the top and hope it magically trickles down.

I'm not proposing to make that impossible buddy. I'm proposing to allow more small businesses to thrive and that's where the majority of middle class Americans work anyway. You put more money in the pockets of that group of people, then it does help everybody.

What you propose is to give more money to the group at the top and hope it magically trickles down.
Another believer in the consumer as economy driver. If your profs really taught that they need to have their degrees revoked.
The gov't has just spent nearly a trillion dollars doing exactly that: putting money in people's hands. It didnt work. Bush spent millions sending out rebate checks to do what you suggest. It didn't work
Carter spent millions of dollars sending rebate checks to people. That didnt work.
The reason it doesn't work is because it is wrong. Do you not understand that??

"DAT BOOOOOOOOSH!!","YOU A RACEEEEEST!!","YOU HATE DA PO PEOPLE!!",and "DOZE EVIL RICH PEOPLE!!" really has become pretty stale & lame. They have divided the nation so much with that B.S. The Democrats really are out of gas. They have nothing to offer but more of the same and raising Taxes. They gotta go. Get out and vote.

Another believer in the consumer as economy driver. If your profs really taught that they need to have their degrees revoked.
The gov't has just spent nearly a trillion dollars doing exactly that: putting money in people's hands. It didnt work. Bush spent millions sending out rebate checks to do what you suggest. It didn't work
Carter spent millions of dollars sending rebate checks to people. That didnt work.

You are wrong and don't seem to understand supply and demand. Supply and demand is what economics is all about. It must have went over your head though.

You are wrong and don't seem to understand supply and demand. Supply and demand is what economics is all about. It must have went over your head though.

I thought the middle class was what it was all about? Or are you crab walking here because you have nothing to say to defend your indefensible (and stupid) opinion?
The gov't spent nearly a trillion dollars to "stimulate demand" and the economy still sucks. How does that square with anything you've written?

Forum List

Back