More Nuke Power Follies

I can't even BEGIN to comprehend your flailing and wailing here.. Do you even understand the diff between radiation exposure at a coal plant and a nuclear plant? Ooops d-o y-o-u u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d the difference between industrial X-Ray exposure and NUCLEAR ACCIDENTS?? Do you understand why a claim like:

The Critical Mass Energy Project of Public Citizen, Inc. reported that 84,322 power plant workers were exposed to radiation in 1982, up from 82,183 the previous year.

.... tells a rational person ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about nuclear safety because of the 2 factors that I discussed above?

We're done.. Congrats. You just made #2 on my USMB ignore list useless toadie..

YOur taichi is more like Mu Shu..

Henry, don't sweat taichiliberal. He/she is nothing more than a leftover 80s anti-nuke puke who still wears tie-dyed shirts, smokes reefer, and participates in sit-ins outside the gates of nuke power plants.

I've already put he/she in his/her place in a different thread pertaining to nuke power plants. I worked in nuke power plants for many, many years, and I disposed of "tai chili" in short order. It's so easy to expose these anti-nuke dorks for what they are. Taichili needs to learn to shut the hell up.

My congratulations on being brave enough to risk your life in the nuclear industry.. Some fool has to do it right? :lol:

This guy is a particularly virulent form of nuclearphobe. One that can't even serve his cause without acting like a grade-school bully..

I can't even BEGIN to comprehend your flailing and wailing here.. Do you even understand the diff between radiation exposure at a coal plant and a nuclear plant? Ooops d-o y-o-u u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d the difference between industrial X-Ray exposure and NUCLEAR ACCIDENTS?? Do you understand why a claim like:

The Critical Mass Energy Project of Public Citizen, Inc. reported that 84,322 power plant workers were exposed to radiation in 1982, up from 82,183 the previous year.

.... tells a rational person ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about nuclear safety because of the 2 factors that I discussed above?

The "two factors" you "discussed" were in reality you trying to BS your way pass the facts, because NO ONE BUT YOU makes the supposition and conjecture that the exposure was just a harmless level of x-rays as opposed to coal plants. Newflash, jackass....an increase in 2,000 folks being exposed to nuke plant radiation is NOT suppose to happen. If it were, then please provide DOCUMENTED FACTS that says so. Oh wait, that's right...YOU CAN"T BECUASE YOU'RE TRYING TO PASS OFF SUPPOSITION AND CONJECTURE AS FACT.
We're done.. Congrats. You just made #2 on my USMB ignore list useless toadie..

YOur taichi is more like Mu Shu..

Actually, YOU can't bullshit your way past the FACTS, so spare us all this bogus condesending schtick of your. YOU keep trying to pave over the FACTS regarding nuke plant accidents and fatalities THAT YOU AND YOUR BRETHEREN INTIALLY DENIED with comparisons to coal plants. But as the chronology of the posts shows, YOU CANNOT REFUTE, DISPROVE OR DENY THE FACTS REGARDING THE VERMONT TRITIUM CONTAMINATION OR THE LIST I SOURCED ON NUKE PLANT ACCIDENTS AND FATALITIES.

Your ploy isn't cutting it, bunky.....you're just doing the toadie shuffle, which is pathetic. But do please put me on IA, because quite frankly I'm sick and tired of the dodgy, half assed BS by ntellectual cowards like yourself. The chronology of the posts will ALWAYS be your undoing. Adios.

Last edited:
Quote: Originally Posted by TruthSeeker56
Henry, don't sweat taichiliberal. He/she is nothing more than a leftover 80s anti-nuke puke who still wears tie-dyed shirts, smokes reefer, and participates in sit-ins outside the gates of nuke power plants.

I've already put he/she in his/her place in a different thread pertaining to nuke power plants. I worked in nuke power plants for many, many years, and I disposed of "tai chili" in short order. It's so easy to expose these anti-nuke dorks for what they are. Taichili needs to learn to shut the hell up.

My congratulations on being brave enough to risk your life in the nuclear industry.. Some fool has to do it right? :lol:

This guy is a particularly virulent form of nuclearphobe. One that can't even serve his cause without acting like a grade-school bully..

As the chronology of the posts shows, folks....these stooges made claims regarding nuke power safety that were proven wrong using valid, documented FACTS.....so now they're pissed, and will waste time and space in maudlin exchanges to assure themselves that the blinders are secure and the parrots know their lines.... what a pathetic bunch. :razz:

Last edited:
Uncle Ferd thinks dey tellin' a story, he thinks a UFO done it...
:eusa_eh:
Blackout a reminder of power grid vulnerabilities
Sep 9,`11 - A blackout that swept across parts of the Southwest and Mexico apparently began with a single utility worker and a minor repair job.
How it then rippled from that worker in the Arizona desert, to southern California and across the border, plunging millions of people into darkness, has authorities and experts puzzled, especially since the power grid is built to withstand such mishaps. However it spread, Thursday's outage was a reminder that the nation's transmission lines remain all too vulnerable to cascading power failures. "There are a lot of critical pieces of equipment on the system and we have less defense than we think," said Rich Sedano at the Regulatory Assistance Project, a utility industry think tank based in Montpelier, Vt.

There have been several similar failures in recent years. In 2003, a blackout knocked out power to 50 million people in the Midwest and the Northeast. And in 2005, a major outage struck the Los Angeles metropolitan area. That same year, Congress required utilities to comply with federal reliability standards for the electricity grid, instead of self-regulation. Layers of safeguards and backups were intended to isolate problems and make sure the power keeps flowing. But that didn't happen on Thursday.

The Arizona Public Service Co. worker was switching out a capacitor, which controls voltage levels, outside Yuma, Ariz., near the California border. Shortly after, a section of a major regional power line failed, eventually spreading trouble further down in California and later Mexico, officials said. And the lights began to go out in a border region of roughly 6 million people. The outage knocked out traffic lights, causing gridlock on the roads in the San Diego area. Two reactors at a nuclear power plant up the California coast went offline after losing electricity. More than 2 million gallons of sewage spilled into the water off San Diego, closing beaches in the nation's eighth-largest city.

A local think tank, the National University System Institute for Policy Research, estimates the outage cost the San Diego-area economy more than $100 million. Many had to spend the night, on both sides of the U.S-Mexico border, struggling to fall asleep in the high temperatures. Federal and state investigators are trying to determine what caused the blackout and how future problems can be prevented. If regulatory violations are found, the government could issue fines of up to $1 million per day for every violation, officials said.

MORE

Thanks, flacaltenn. Of course, my 20 or so years working in nuke plants has shortened my life expectancy by 20 years. :eek:

I guess it was a fair tradeoff. I made a good living, invested my money wisely, and I retired at the age of 46. :lol:

Anti-nuke pukes like "taichilifarts" use their 1980s bumper sticker slogans and their faux facts to try to bully those of us who didn't partake in LSD experimentation in our youth.

Nice try, tai. Stay in your own lane, son, and wear your seatbelt. :cuckoo:

Uncle Ferd thinks dey tellin' a story, he thinks a UFO done it...
:eusa_eh:
Blackout a reminder of power grid vulnerabilities
Sep 9,`11 - A blackout that swept across parts of the Southwest and Mexico apparently began with a single utility worker and a minor repair job.
How it then rippled from that worker in the Arizona desert, to southern California and across the border, plunging millions of people into darkness, has authorities and experts puzzled, especially since the power grid is built to withstand such mishaps. However it spread, Thursday's outage was a reminder that the nation's transmission lines remain all too vulnerable to cascading power failures. "There are a lot of critical pieces of equipment on the system and we have less defense than we think," said Rich Sedano at the Regulatory Assistance Project, a utility industry think tank based in Montpelier, Vt.

There have been several similar failures in recent years. In 2003, a blackout knocked out power to 50 million people in the Midwest and the Northeast. And in 2005, a major outage struck the Los Angeles metropolitan area. That same year, Congress required utilities to comply with federal reliability standards for the electricity grid, instead of self-regulation. Layers of safeguards and backups were intended to isolate problems and make sure the power keeps flowing. But that didn't happen on Thursday.

The Arizona Public Service Co. worker was switching out a capacitor, which controls voltage levels, outside Yuma, Ariz., near the California border. Shortly after, a section of a major regional power line failed, eventually spreading trouble further down in California and later Mexico, officials said. And the lights began to go out in a border region of roughly 6 million people. The outage knocked out traffic lights, causing gridlock on the roads in the San Diego area. Two reactors at a nuclear power plant up the California coast went offline after losing electricity. More than 2 million gallons of sewage spilled into the water off San Diego, closing beaches in the nation's eighth-largest city.

A local think tank, the National University System Institute for Policy Research, estimates the outage cost the San Diego-area economy more than $100 million. Many had to spend the night, on both sides of the U.S-Mexico border, struggling to fall asleep in the high temperatures. Federal and state investigators are trying to determine what caused the blackout and how future problems can be prevented. If regulatory violations are found, the government could issue fines of up to $1 million per day for every violation, officials said.

MORE

I highlighted the part directly relevent to the discussion subject title. All in all, it's just another brick in the wall that the nuke power wonks will leap to explain away or excuse.

Thanks, flacaltenn. Of course, my 20 or so years working in nuke plants has shortened my life expectancy by 20 years. :eek:

I guess it was a fair tradeoff. I made a good living, invested my money wisely, and I retired at the age of 46. :lol:

Anti-nuke pukes like "taichilifarts" use their 1980s bumper sticker slogans and their faux facts to try to bully those of us who didn't partake in LSD experimentation in our youth.

Nice try, tai. Stay in your own lane, son, and wear your seatbelt. :cuckoo:

Let us all know when you can Logically and factually refute the information I put forth here, bunky. 20 years doesn't mean EVERY mindfart you have is the word from mount on high, and given your dishonest (and painfully inadequate) approach to debating the issue, I have serious doubts as to the validity of your claims.

FACTS, you blowhard, FACTS. Your buddy made some statements that were proven wrong, and he tried to BS his way around it and FAILED.....not unlike YOU. Like I tried to school you many times in the past, your supposition and conjecture is not a substitute for FACTS. I'm talking specifics, and you nuke toadies throw in everything but the kitchen sink to avoid those facts. But hey, let us all know when you and your family are swigging down that tritium contaminated water at those levels listed in my link....right after you get back from that fish dinner in Tokyo. :coffee:;)

Let us all know when you can Logically and factually refute the information I put forth here, bunky. 20 years doesn't mean EVERY mindfart you have is the word from mount on high, and given your dishonest (and painfully inadequate) approach to debating the issue, I have serious doubts as to the validity of your claims.

FACTS, you blowhard, FACTS. Your buddy made some statements that were proven wrong, and he tried to BS his way around it and FAILED.....not unlike YOU. Like I tried to school you many times in the past, your supposition and conjecture is not a substitute for FACTS. I'm talking specifics, and you nuke toadies throw in everything but the kitchen sink to avoid those facts. But hey, let us all know when you and your family are swigging down that tritium contaminated water at those levels listed in my link....right after you get back from that fish dinner in Tokyo. :coffee:;)

Your definition of "facts" involves any piece of anti-nuke garbage you can dig up, that agrees with your anti-nuke agenda.

So have you ever set foot in a nuke power plant, bunky? Ever been inside of a nuke power plant control room? Ever been involved in a refueling outage? Ever "swung a meter"? Ever worn an SCBA with a fully sealed contamination suit?

Of course you haven't. You're just another "fence crasher" who buys his coffee at Starbucks because you think it's "cool" to pay four bucks for a cup of crappy coffee.

I'm sure you're quite the burger-flipper, though. I doubt I could keep up with you when you are manning the drive-thru window. Stay in your own lane, youngster, and don't forget to keep that uniform clean and your nametag straight. :lol::cuckoo:

Last edited:

Your definition of "facts" involves any piece of anti-nuke garbage you can dig up, that agrees with your anti-nuke agenda.

So now the Vermont Dept. of Health is "anti-nuke garbage", according to you. :cuckoo:
Stop acting dumber than you are, "truthseeker56"....you were proven wrong by the Facts and YOU don't like it. TFB, grow up!

So have you ever set foot in a nuke power plant, bunky? Ever been inside of a nuke power plant control room? Ever been involved in a refueling outage? Ever "swung a meter"? Ever worn an SCBA with a fully sealed contamination suit?

Nope....and can you disprove the information I sourced? Nope. That's the beauty of a proper education, toodles. You learn to read carefully and comprehensively ALL information available in order to draw proper conclusions. Let me know when you can logically and factually demonstrate to us all that the Vermont Dept. of Health is "anti-nuke".

Of course you haven't. You're just another "fence crasher" who buys his coffee at Starbucks because you think it's "cool" to pay four bucks for a cup of crappy coffee.

:confused: You're losing it, toodles. You can't BS your way past information you don't like, so you're lashing out with preposterous accusations. GTFU, will ya please?

I'm sure you're quite the burger-flipper, though. I doubt I could keep up with you when you are manning the drive-thru window. Stay in your own lane, youngster, and don't forget to keep that uniform clean and your nametag straight. :lol::cuckoo:

And there you have it folks, this bogus "truthseeker56" is just another willfully ignorant jackass braying nonsense when faced with information that doesn't fit his beliefs and worldview....so much more to pity this fake "truthseeker56". But for those who are interested in the FACTS, here's an update:

Investigation into Tritium Contamination at Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Station

tritium

And there you have it folks, this bogus "truthseeker56" is just another willfully ignorant jackass braying nonsense when faced with information that doesn't fit his beliefs and worldview....so much more to pity this fake "truthseeker56". But for those who are interested in the FACTS, here's an update:

Investigation into Tritium Contamination at Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Station

tritium

Vermont is overflowing with leftist zealots. I wouldn't believe ANYTHING the Vermont government puts out or anything the Vermont newspapers print. I live in New Hampshire, aka the "Live Free Or Die" state. We would like to build a fence at the Vermont border to keep the Vermont creeps out of our state. The commie Vermonters like to come here and buy things because we have no state sales tax on most things.

But, chili-boy, since the Vermont leftist point of view fits your own point of view, go ahead and hang your beanie on whatever they spew.

You're an idiot. As the really old saying goes, "you don't know shit from Shinola".

Case closed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back