More medical advice from the gop

When AIDS first made its way into mass deaths, the liberal mantra was that no one was safe. Anyone could get AIDS. There was no way anyone could protect themselves so we were all equally at risk and all equally owed one another whatever money it took to invent a cure. Conservatives pretty much laughed at that monumental lie. Not to mention the fake medical advice. It is virtually impossible for someone in a monogamous heterosexual relationship to get AIDS absent IV drug use. It is so virtually impossible that those who were in monogamous heterosexual relationships who were not IV drug users were deliberately given AIDS by AIDS bearing activists who wanted to advance the cause of a cure.

The man wasn't wrong, his answer was just incomplete.

Exactly.

Any topic to stay off the looming recession and paltry GDP growth is just fine by the dems.

hep b should be no problem....vaccine for it.....

when i worked in a hospital it was tb.....seems if you worked there long enough you would you get a false positive for tb

It's funny...back in the day all the lefties were saying it was silly to get hysterical over HIV because it was so difficult to catch.

Now they're saying just the opposite.
http://www.who.int/hiv/events/artprevention/gray.pdf

Educate yourself, you ignorami.

Horse shit. It was homophobic right wing christian "conservatives" who claimed that. :eusa_hand:

No, it was you moron. I know because I was working in detention at the time, and we had to attend training after training on it telling us how fucking difficult it was to pick up HIV which was how they justified not letting us know which kids had it.

I think the man said it is nearly impossible.

Fortunately for us health care personnel, acquiring HIV on the job is not a big worry. Hepatitis B though is a different story. It does live outside the host for a significant period of time.

Really? How many undocumented cases of hiv transmission do you suppose there were back before exposure through needle sticks were tracked, tested, and documented? How many of those blissfully unaware went on to pass the virus to their unsuspecting partners during the just say no to awareness days of Reagan?

Not very many, loon.

Heterosexual, monogamous couples where neither has AIDS have about a zero percent chance of catching AIDS from each other.

That is probably what the guy was saying. But you lefty extremists don't care what was really said. You're going to make it into something else. It's what you do. It's all part of fear mongering propaganda.

It's funny...back in the day all the lefties were saying it was silly to get hysterical over HIV because it was so difficult to catch.

Horse shit. It was homophobic right wing christian "conservatives" who claimed that. :eusa_hand:

No, it was you moron. I know because I was working in detention at the time, and we had to attend training after training on it telling us how fucking difficult it was to pick up HIV which was how they justified not letting us know which kids had it.

Gee, what political leaning would be most interested in administering "detention" facilities? I've worked in health care, and I know full well what administration will do to limit liability by pretending there is no risk. It's liberals who force those pesky regulations that conservatives find to restricting to the bottom line, and it's conservatives who fight against such regulations. Prophylactics and safety measures cost money.

Not very many, loon.

Heterosexual, monogamous couples where neither has AIDS have about a zero percent chance of catching AIDS from each other.

That is probably what the guy was saying. But you lefty extremists don't care what was really said. You're going to make it into something else. It's what you do. It's all part of fear mongering propaganda.

:clap2: Captain obvious.

:eusa_shifty: joined by the Amazing Kreskin

the gift that keeps giving :lol:

GOP lawmaker: Virtually impossible to get AIDS through heterosexual sex | The Raw Story

Tennessee state Sen. Stacey Campfield (R) falsely claimed on Thursday that it was nearly impossible for someone to contract AIDS through heterosexual contact.

“Most people realize that AIDS came from the homosexual community,” he told Michelangelo Signorile, who hosts a radio program on SiriusXM OutQ. “It was one guy screwing a monkey, if I recall correctly, and then having sex with men. It was an airline pilot, if I recall.”

“My understanding is that it is virtually — not completely, but virtually — impossible to contract AIDS through heterosexual sex.”

Raw Story (GOP lawmaker: Virtually impossible to get AIDS through heterosexual sex | The Raw Story)

I think he better go get tested

Kinda like taking medical advice from a President who thinks you need a breathalyzer when you have trouble breathing? ......

The real question, is the OP as smart as the ape in her avatar?..... :eusa_whistle:

She is smarter than the GOP lawmaker.

By that standard, i'm smarter than the President.... :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuVCc6Vat8U]Whatever gets you through the night - Elton John Lennon - YouTube[/ame]:eusa_whistle:

They justify not letting you know because you should always use universal precautions when dealing with any sort bodily fluids etc.
Plus there is the whole privacy issue.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djjx_GvtQVo]Obama Needs a Breathalyzer - YouTube[/ame]

You can rest comfortably in the knowledge that you'll be safe from ever speaking in front of groups that large, or from doing so on such an extended basis that fatigue will render you tongue tied.

Where would the radical hypocrite left be without tax exempt Media Matters to give them an issue? Who in the world would be listening to what a republican state senator from Tenn. had to say if it wasn't for the propaganda network that monitors (only) republicans and never sleeps?

You can rest comfortably in the knowledge that you'll be safe from ever speaking in front of groups that large, or from doing so on such an extended basis that fatigue will render you tongue tied.

Ohh, so that's what it was, had nothing to do with clown stumbling nearly everytime he's off the prompter.....

I'll also rest comfortably in the knowledge that i'll never dedicate years of my life to playing enabler to a dirtbag chicago politician...... :thup:

They justify not letting you know because you should always use universal precautions when dealing with any sort bodily fluids etc.
Plus there is the whole privacy issue.

I know.

The thing is...at the same time they told us that, they ALSO told us it didn't matter because the chance of getting infected incidentally was just SOOOOOOOOO slim that it didn't even really matter.

I was working detention, my husband was working in the prison system, my mother was a nurse and my sister was a deputy DA in the 1980s and we all were dealing with AIDS on a daily basis. It was a hot topic of conversation in our circle. And those of us on the front lines were ALL disgusted by the fact that the CDC was spending God knows how much money to sell the public the lie that it was actually quite hard to be infected. Because they absolutely didn't know that yet. They didn't know anything yet. There was a whole wave of people who were popping up infected via tainted blood products at that time.... My neighbor started exhibiting signs of full blown AIDS when her youngest child was about 18 months old. She was infected via a blood transfusion when she was pregnant with her child (and almost lost him). They both died. I remember her in my yard saying "I don't know what's wrong with us, we just can't seem to shake this stomach thing". Her husband didn't contract AIDS, he was still working and healthy two years after she died. The baby, however, was not. The last time I saw him was as a sickly 4 year old being carried outside by his grandma and walked around the yard.

Anyway, if you are enjoying monogamous, heterosexual sex your chances of getting aids are pretty low.

Libs have always been desperate for AIDS to infect men and women in monogamous heterosexual relationships. That's the majority and that's who controls the vote over how much money is allocated to AIDS research.

Libs have always been desperate for AIDS to infect men and women in monogamous heterosexual relationships. That's the majority and that's who controls the vote over how much money is allocated to AIDS research.

Tennessee state Sen. Stacey Campfield (R) falsely claimed on Thursday that it was nearly impossible for someone to contract AIDS through heterosexual contact.

Nowhere did the Senator stipulate "monogamous," you flaming idiots.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back