More medical advice from the gop

Barb

Carpe Scrotum
Apr 2, 2009
in a house.
the gift that keeps giving :lol:

GOP lawmaker: Virtually impossible to get AIDS through heterosexual sex | The Raw Story

Tennessee state Sen. Stacey Campfield (R) falsely claimed on Thursday that it was nearly impossible for someone to contract AIDS through heterosexual contact.

“Most people realize that AIDS came from the homosexual community,” he told Michelangelo Signorile, who hosts a radio program on SiriusXM OutQ. “It was one guy screwing a monkey, if I recall correctly, and then having sex with men. It was an airline pilot, if I recall.”

“My understanding is that it is virtually — not completely, but virtually — impossible to contract AIDS through heterosexual sex.”

Raw Story (GOP lawmaker: Virtually impossible to get AIDS through heterosexual sex | The Raw Story)

Tennessee state Sen. Stacey Campfield (R) falsely claimed on Thursday that it was nearly impossible for someone to contract AIDS through heterosexual contact.

“Most people realize that AIDS came from the homosexual community,” he told Michelangelo Signorile, who hosts a radio program on SiriusXM OutQ. “It was one guy screwing a monkey, if I recall correctly, and then having sex with men. It was an airline pilot, if I recall.”

“My understanding is that it is virtually — not completely, but virtually — impossible to contract AIDS through heterosexual sex.”

Although not representative of conservatives as a whole, it is nonetheless illustrative of the ignorance and hate of many on the social and radical right.

the gift that keeps giving :lol:

GOP lawmaker: Virtually impossible to get AIDS through heterosexual sex | The Raw Story

Raw Story (GOP lawmaker: Virtually impossible to get AIDS through heterosexual sex | The Raw Story)
And he got voted into office.

Retarded. Tribal. Monkeys.

barb, you're a dumbass but I'll play along.

The story is 8 months old but you stated it is the gift that keeps on giving. Your timing sucks.

Also, maybe the senator was talking about hetero white non-IV drug users. The following link shows how blacks and hispanics acquire HIV at a much higher rate than anyone else.

HIV in the United States | Factsheets | Resources by Format | CDC HIV/AIDS

So what if its 8 months old? The mindset that indicates the widely embraced and varied ignorance of elected republicans is 30-40 years old.

It's funny...back in the day all the lefties were saying it was silly to get hysterical over HIV because it was so difficult to catch.

Now they're saying just the opposite.
http://www.who.int/hiv/events/artprevention/gray.pdf

Educate yourself, you ignorami.

Horse shit. It was homophobic right wing christian "conservatives" who claimed that. :eusa_hand:

Bull shit.
It was the 'theory' dating back to the 70/80's by everyone, including the awesome state of California, before HHS were able to discover the real reason behind the cause/start of AIDS.

It's funny...back in the day all the lefties were saying it was silly to get hysterical over HIV because it was so difficult to catch.

Now they're saying just the opposite.
http://www.who.int/hiv/events/artprevention/gray.pdf

Educate yourself, you ignorami.

Horse shit. It was homophobic right wing christian "conservatives" who claimed that. :eusa_hand:

Bull shit.
It was the 'theory' dating back to the 70/80's by everyone, including the awesome state of California, before HHS were able to discover the real reason behind the cause/start of AIDS.

No, not "everyone." Those who were trying to get the government to sit up and take notice of the pandemic, you know, "lefties," tried all along to get the word out that it wasn't "just" a "gay" mans disease, and then that it didn't "only" spread to iv drug abusers, but that it could, and would, spread to all orientated demographics. Reagan didn't help in getting the word out, in fact he actively ignored HIV/AIDS. His response, or lack thereof, according to his Surgeon General, Dr. C. Everett Koop, was selected for him. Dr. Koop indicated that Reagan would have become publicly involved sooner, but insulation by ―his handlers‖ prevented him from doing so. These ―handlers,‖ as Dr. Koop called them, had very definite ideas concerning the political climate, as well as about the AIDS epidemic. Some of Reagan‘s most vocal supporters on the religious right considered AIDS to be a right proper punishment from GOD,195 and many of his handlers agreed with them. It took most of his presidency, but the deaths that AIDS caused finally forced Reagan to acknowledge its existence.

195 Koop, Dr. C. Everett, Reactions to Dr. Koop's Report on AIDS, and When Dr. Koop was burned in effigy by anti-homosexuals, created June 2004 by Christof Daetwyler at the Interactive Media Lab (IML) at Dartmouth Medical School, retrieved December 16, 2011 from KOOP about HIV and AIDS
196 Koop, Dr. C. Everett, Reactions to Dr. Koop's Report on AIDS, and When Dr. Koop was burned in effigy by anti-homosexuals, created June 2004

damn you people can be stupid

lets review...aids virus is a very weak virus that cannot live outside the human body

anal sex is the easiest way to get aids....there are always small tears in the rectum with anal sex..this allows the aids virus to slip into the blood stream

aids virus in hetros comes from anal sex or oral sex...very rarely straight intercourse....

but you can still get aids from hetrosex...it will mainly be a man passing it on to a woman it is much rarer for a woman to pass it to a man with straight sex

damn you people can be stupid

lets review...aids virus is a very weak virus that cannot live outside the human body

anal sex is the easiest way to get aids....there are always small tears in the rectum with anal sex..this allows the aids virus to slip into the blood stream

aids virus in hetros comes from anal sex or oral sex...very rarely straight intercourse....

but you can still get aids from hetrosex...it will mainly be a man passing it on to a woman it is much rarer for a woman to pass it to a man with straight sex

It is more difficult for the man to develop HIV thru straight vaginal intercourse not the woman. ;)

Kinda like taking medical advice from a President who thinks you need a breathalyzer when you have trouble breathing? ......

The real question, is the OP as smart as the ape in her avatar?..... :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
I think the man said it is nearly impossible.

Fortunately for us health care personnel, acquiring HIV on the job is not a big worry. Hepatitis B though is a different story. It does live outside the host for a significant period of time.

Kinda like taking medical advice from a President who thinks you need a breathalyzer when you have trouble breathing? ......

The real question, is the OP as smart as the ape in her avatar?..... :eusa_whistle:

She is smarter than the GOP lawmaker.

When AIDS first made its way into mass deaths, the liberal mantra was that no one was safe. Anyone could get AIDS. There was no way anyone could protect themselves so we were all equally at risk and all equally owed one another whatever money it took to invent a cure. Conservatives pretty much laughed at that monumental lie. Not to mention the fake medical advice. It is virtually impossible for someone in a monogamous heterosexual relationship to get AIDS absent IV drug use. It is so virtually impossible that those who were in monogamous heterosexual relationships who were not IV drug users were deliberately given AIDS by AIDS bearing activists who wanted to advance the cause of a cure.

The man wasn't wrong, his answer was just incomplete.

Forum List

Back