More Like Chuck

there should at least be a slave day holiday ..like a vetrans day..and certainly incentives should still be given in business and education...its not like it is ancient history.. it takes generations as a people to overcome injustice and abuse of the magnitude black America has experienced.. and the economic desperate that was forced upon them for the profit of others.. there is debt of some kind..but it must also be kept in perspective

• Banned
yeh, c'uz Blacks were the only ones to be given a rough time :rolleyes:

chinks, italians, germans, japs, and natives never faced discrimination...

yet they and many Blacks have moved on and changed things for themselves

there should at least be a slave day holiday ..like a vetrans day..

Well let's find those slaves and give them an extra day off.

and certainly incentives should still be given in business and education...

And what about other poor people ? What about immigrants from former Soviet Bloc countries ? Appalachian and Urban Appalachians ? Viet , Khmer , Cuban, North Korean, Jews, Chinese or any other group of people in America who had a rough past ?

Blacks need to realize that they're not the only ones who've had it rough in history. Hell my gf is an Ukranian Jew and her family was almost destroyed by the Holocaust, Holodomor, and Communism. But they work hard and cherish education. Why is it that other people I know from "victimized" groups, work hard and go to school and usually don't piss away their lives.

Giving them special benefits and treatment obviously isn't working, how about treat them like everyone else and let them sink or swim upon their own merit ?

Heck I was born in WVA with no running water and only wood to keep me warm, dirt poor. And you know whe my family did ? They picked up and moved and then worked hard because they had the chance too. I did the same. Sorry but the "po' lil black person" routine is old and worn out.

takes generations as a people to overcome injustice and abuse of the magnitude black America has experienced..

Let's see, Eastern Europeans have suffered more than black Americans, European Jews have suffered more, Chinese has suffered more, Cubans have suffered more, Khmers have suffered more, Somali's have suffered more, Russians have suffered more. But you know what they do ? They move on and live in the now and live for tommorow instead of being stuck in the past. I'm sorry they did have it bad, but they didn't have it all that bad. Ask my gf's grandmother who survived famine , the Holocaust and the gulags. Before her grandfather died, ask him who suffered through the samething. They didn't whine about it or use it for a crutch to excuse any of their actions. They went out and made it. Ask my family who come from extreme generational poverty and discrimination.

and the economic desperate that was forced upon them for the profit of others..

Then I want some of the action, my ancestors and my father's and grandfather's and their brothers all suffered and died because of getting pennies to dig coal out of the ground.

there is debt of some kind..but it must also be kept in perspective

There is no debt. The perspective is this "You're not being oppressed, this is 2009, grow up and get over it or you'll always be in your same situation"

Forum List

Back