More lies Oh Joy

LOL no I am not going to source my quotes. Nothing I said is untrue, It is all pulled from real life facts, speeches Obama gave, and promises Obama made. If you did not for instance here his address to the nation where he claimed the Reason BP was drilling so deep was because we are running out of Oil closer to shore, I am not going to dig it up for you. You do it.

If you did not see the MULTIPLE times that Obama said we needed to pass his stimulus or face economic Collapse I can not help you, and am not going to waste one second digging up the link to prove it.

If you have to ask what I am basing my Opinion that he has not been transparent on, You are either not paying any attention, or are completely Partisan and choose to ignore the Ample Evidence of Him Being anything but transparent.

Frankly I think you are being disingenuous asking for a link of Something that was repeated over and over by Obama and all the supporters of his Stimulus bill.

I have very little patience or Time to waste with Partisans who will never back down from their support of Obama, Who will dismiss my list out right, and use Spin and Propaganda to try and disprove them.

IMO you do not have an open mind on the subject and are a waste of effort to try and convince of anything.

In short if you can not see Obama for what he is by now, you are either stupid, or Partisan.

That's hilarious, coming from one who posted a bunch of spin and propaganda. And if you're just going to dismiss what others have to say in defense of your little list, why did you post it? Are you looking for kudos, little boy? Okay, here's a ^5, now go play in traffic.

LOL no I am not going to source my quotes.

And that, folks, is what we call credibility. Kudos, sir. I look forward to the next batch of bullshit, inaccurately paraphrased, unsourced quotes that confirm all of your political beliefs!

WHOT? Are you suggesting Charlie might be, gasp, PARTISAN? Say it isn't so. :lol:
Charles_Main said:
In short if you can not see Obama for what he is by now, you are either stupid, or Partisan.

LOL no I am not going to source my quotes.

And that, folks, is what we call credibility. Kudos, sir. I look forward to the next batch of bullshit, inaccurately paraphrased, unsourced quotes that confirm all of your political beliefs!

LOL, and I will look forward to your continued ignoring of easily proven facts in Blind Partisan Support of Obama.

Here's what people like you are getting wrong: There is still nearly half the people of this country who support DEMOCRATIC SOLUTIONS. Obama happens to be president. Deal with it.

If Republicans take control of the House, they will also control the MONEY (approprations), and there's a chance they will try to put an ax to health care reform by simply not funding it. That should be something for you to look forward to. I don't see the point in constantly hammering on statements taken out of context, old campaign promises, BILLS ALREADY SIGNED INTO LAW, blah blah blah.

Why don't you and your ilk start telling us who post here in support of Democratic policy what you will do to fix everything. No one EVER does. Your answers are always framed based on ideology, not reality. We continue to wait with bated breath.

Maggie, Greenbeard; Just admit the facts.

Obama is a politician, and a good one.
Obama lies.

Simple as that.

Of course being a good politician does not necessarily make one a good president.

...continued ignoring of easily proven facts..

That's kind of funny. You say I dismissed your list outright, though the length of my post should indicate to you I did significantly more than that. For example, you made claims about various CBO reports so what I did was actually quote from them (and link to them) showing that you were simply lying. Those were indeed easily checkable facts. You were just on the wrong side of them. You also very clearly mischaracterized several of the "quotes" on your list but since they're not actually quotes, it was pretty obvious that would be the case from the start.

You didn't present any facts. Re-read my post, you'll see what it looks like when someone actually presents evidence for what they're arguing.

Dude Both Quotes you want were Delivered BY obama in Prime time speeches, Why the hell should I have to go look them up for you.

Like I said you are being disingenuous even asking from them.

However here is just one of them. If you really do not believe the other, learn to google

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
June 15, 2010
Remarks by the President to the Nation on the BP Oil Spill

So one of the lessons we’ve learned from this spill is that we need better regulations, better safety standards, and better enforcement when it comes to offshore drilling. But a larger lesson is that no matter how much we improve our regulation of the industry, drilling for oil these days entails greater risk. After all, oil is a finite resource. We consume more than 20 percent of the world’s oil, but have less than 2 percent of the world’s oil reserves. And that’s part of the reason oil companies are drilling a mile beneath the surface of the ocean -- because we’re running out of places to drill on land and in shallow water.
Remarks by the President to the Nation on the BP Oil Spill | The White House

That is actually 2 Lies. We are not running out of places to drill on land and in shallow water, We are running out of places to drill where the government will allow us to. Lie one. Lie number 2 is the claim we only have 2% of the words oil. Again that refers to only proven reserves and ignores industry and government estimates that say our unproven Reserves are close to or even more than all the oil available in the Middle east. If the Government would just allow exploration in Areas that are now off limits.

The only reason I did not provide a link for each entry on my list, is because I assumed all the promises and comments I was referring to were well known by anyone who has been actually listening to what Obama says.

To produce as much oil as the U.S. consumes, we'd need to drill in everyone's back yard. Is that your vision for America?

Oil consumption (most recent) by country

Obama lies.

Simple as that.

Of course being a good politician does not necessarily make one a good president.

Define a lie, as opposed to a projection.

Obama lies.

Simple as that.

You must be kidding. What happened to non partisan Maggie? Oh that's right, she is a liar to.

Obama is a liar, period, the fact that you have several times said it's ok because other politicians do it to, is indicative of exactly what is wrong with our country, we keep electing the same idiots over and over, the ONLY thing different about Obama is his skin color.Otherwise he's just as big a liar, and just as selfish, and just as power hungry as the last guy. Only it's worse here , because none of his supporters can admit to any error by him, instead they have to fall back on the FoxNews bogeyman Get over it. FoxNews is in business to make money, if they don't make money, they won't be in business. The fact that they are making money and in fact destroying the other news channels seems to indicate that more people trust them then trust other sources. The further fact that people like you claim that FoxNews is the ONLY news that slants stories and edits facts to fit their agenda illustrates what a hypocritical liar you really are. Either that or your just stupid. I don't think youir stupid Maggie, so please stop contributing to the lies about FoxNews, it does nothing to aid your cause.

Charles_Main said:
Nothing could be further from the truth. The Bill Gives the Executive the Power to Shut down, and or TAKE OVER any bank or institution it deems to big to fail and in trouble. If they take them over they will take on any debt they have and you and I will be BAILING them out.

Not even close.

According to Section 113 of the law, the Financial Stability Oversight Council -- made up of financial experts -- "may determine that a U.S. nonbank financial company shall be supervised by the Board of Governors and shall be subject to prudential standards, in accordance with this title, if the Council determines that material financial distress at the U.S. nonbank financial company would pose a threat to the financial stability of the United States." The law further states that before determining whether to supervise a nonbank financial company, the council must consider:

(A) the degree of leverage of the company;

(B) the amount and nature of the financial assets of the company;

(C) the amount and types of the liabilities of the company, including the degree of reliance on short-term funding;

(D) the extent and types of the off-balance-sheet exposures of the company;

(E) the extent and types of the transactions and relationships of the company with other significant nonbank financial companies and significant bank holding companies;

(F) the importance of the company as a source of credit for households, businesses, and State and local governments and as a source of liquidity for the United States financial system.

Decision to regulate nonbank financial institutions must be re-evaluated annually, and the company may contest being subject to regulation. The law also requires the council to re-evaluate, "not less frequently than annually," each determination made "with respect to each nonbank financial company" and rescind the authority to regulate that company if the council determines the organization "no longer meets the standards" for regulation. Further, a company "may request, in writing, an opportunity for a written or oral hearing before the Council to contest the proposed determination" that it is subject to regulation. After a final determination, the institution may "bring an action in the United States District Court ... for an order requiring that the final determination be rescinded, and the court shall, upon review, dismiss such action or direct the final determination to be rescinded," if the determination made was "arbitrary and capricious."

http://banking.senate.gov/public/_files/FinancialReformSummary231510FINAL.pdf

It is all with in the power of the Executive. He appoints the council, The Congress has NO say at all in it.

That's kind of funny. You say I dismissed your list outright, though the length of my post should indicate to you I did significantly more than that. For example, you made claims about various CBO reports so what I did was actually quote from them (and link to them) showing that you were simply lying. Those were indeed easily checkable facts. You were just on the wrong side of them. You also very clearly mischaracterized several of the "quotes" on your list but since they're not actually quotes, it was pretty obvious that would be the case from the start.

You didn't present any facts. Re-read my post, you'll see what it looks like when someone actually presents evidence for what they're arguing.

Dude Both Quotes you want were Delivered BY obama in Prime time speeches, Why the hell should I have to go look them up for you.

However here is just one of them. If you really do not believe the other, learn to google

So one of the lessons we’ve learned from this spill is that we need better regulations, better safety standards, and better enforcement when it comes to offshore drilling. But a larger lesson is that no matter how much we improve our regulation of the industry, drilling for oil these days entails greater risk. After all, oil is a finite resource. We consume more than 20 percent of the world’s oil, but have less than 2 percent of the world’s oil reserves. And that’s part of the reason oil companies are drilling a mile beneath the surface of the ocean -- because we’re running out of places to drill on land and in shallow water.

That is actually 2 Lies. We are not running out of places to drill on land and in shallow water, We are running out of places to drill where the government will allow us to. Lie one. Lie number 2 is the claim we only have 2% of the words oil. Again that refers to only proven reserves and ignores industry and government estimates that say our unproven Reserves are close to or even more than all the oil available in the Middle east. If the Government would just allow exploration in Areas that are now off limits.

The only reason I did not provide a link for each entry on my list, is because I assumed all the promises and comments I was referring to were well known by anyone who has been actually listening to what Obama says.

To produce as much oil as the U.S. consumes, we'd need to drill in everyone's back yard. Is that your vision for America?

No how about we just lift the restrictions on Anwar and Shallow water rigs, and invest in Shale oil Tech. We do not have to drill in everyone's back yard. That is a nice bumper sticker but not really truthful. Of course we would probably never be fully self sufficient, but we sure as hell could supply a lot more of our own Oil than we do now.

Obama lies.

Simple as that.

You must be kidding. What happened to non partisan Maggie? Oh that's right, she is a liar to.

Obama is a liar, period, the fact that you have several times said it's ok because other politicians do it to, is indicative of exactly what is wrong with our country, we keep electing the same idiots over and over, the ONLY thing different about Obama is his skin color.Otherwise he's just as big a liar, and just as selfish, and just as power hungry as the last guy. Only it's worse here , because none of his supporters can admit to any error by him, instead they have to fall back on the FoxNews bogeyman Get over it. FoxNews is in business to make money, if they don't make money, they won't be in business. The fact that they are making money and in fact destroying the other news channels seems to indicate that more people trust them then trust other sources. The further fact that people like you claim that FoxNews is the ONLY news that slants stories and edits facts to fit their agenda illustrates what a hypocritical liar you really are. Either that or your just stupid. I don't think youir stupid Maggie, so please stop contributing to the lies about FoxNews, it does nothing to aid your cause.

Ask a simple question and get a knee-jerk reaction (FoxNews? Was I talking about FoxNews? Nope.)

1. I never, ever said it was OK to lie.

2. I never said just because the Bush administration lied, it's okay for the Obama administration to lie.

3. The "lies" that keep getting attributed to Obama are things such as his campaign promises for nonpartisanship, better control over lobbyists, closing gitmo, ending both wars. Then once in office, Obama said that he didn't expect the unemployment to go beyond 8%. And it did. How awful. Such a "lie." Bullshit. All of those can hardly be considered "lies." They are PROJECTIONS based on desires.

Obama lies.

Simple as that.

You know the difference. You may not admit it, but you know.

Yes, I most certainly do. Do you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lie 2 (l)
n.
1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

Synonyms: lie2, equivocate, fib, palter, prevaricate
These verbs mean to evade or depart from the truth: a witness who lied under oath; didn't equivocate about her real purpose; fibbed to escape being scolded; paltering with an irate customer; didn't prevaricate but answered honestly.

proj·ect (prjkt, -kt)
n.
1. A plan or proposal; a scheme. See Synonyms at plan.
2. An undertaking requiring concerted effort: a community cleanup project; a government-funded irrigation project.
3. An extensive task undertaken by a student or group of students to apply, illustrate, or supplement classroom lessons.
4. A housing project.
v. pro·ject (pr-jkt) pro·ject·ed, pro·ject·ing, pro·jects
v.tr.
1. To thrust outward or forward: project one's jaw in defiance.
2. To throw forward; hurl: project an arrow.
3. To send out into space; cast: project a light beam.
4. To cause (an image) to appear on a surface: projected the slide onto a screen.
5. Mathematics To produce (a projection).
6. To direct (one's voice) so as to be heard clearly at a distance.
7. Psychology To externalize and attribute (an emotion or motive, for example) unconsciously to someone or something else in order to avoid anxiety.
8. To convey an impression of to an audience or to others: a posture that projects defeat.
9. To form a plan or intention for: project a new business enterprise.
10. To calculate, estimate, or predict (something in the future), based on present data or trends: projecting next year's expenses.
v.intr.
1. To extend forward or out; jut out: beams that project beyond the eaves. See Synonyms at bulge.
2. To direct one's voice so as to be heard clearly at a distance.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

The confidence by the Bush camp that the Iraq war would only cost $3 billion and that would be paid for by Iraq oil revenue was not a "lie," it was a "projection."

Get it now?

You know the difference. You may not admit it, but you know.

Disappointingly Maggie has turned out to be a lying partisan hack.

And what would that make you? You go so far as to attack others by starting threads about them in the Flame Zone and your "signature" shows your hackish behavior also. You're not only a hack, you're a troll and a bully.

Charles_Main said:
Nothing could be further from the truth. The Bill Gives the Executive the Power to Shut down, and or TAKE OVER any bank or institution it deems to big to fail and in trouble. If they take them over they will take on any debt they have and you and I will be BAILING them out.

Not even close.

According to Section 113 of the law, the Financial Stability Oversight Council -- made up of financial experts -- "may determine that a U.S. nonbank financial company shall be supervised by the Board of Governors and shall be subject to prudential standards, in accordance with this title, if the Council determines that material financial distress at the U.S. nonbank financial company would pose a threat to the financial stability of the United States." The law further states that before determining whether to supervise a nonbank financial company, the council must consider:

(C) the amount and types of the liabilities of the company, including the degree of reliance on short-term funding;

(E) the extent and types of the transactions and relationships of the company with other significant nonbank financial companies and significant bank holding companies;

(F) the importance of the company as a source of credit for households, businesses, and State and local governments and as a source of liquidity for the United States financial system.

Decision to regulate nonbank financial institutions must be re-evaluated annually, and the company may contest being subject to regulation. The law also requires the council to re-evaluate, "not less frequently than annually," each determination made "with respect to each nonbank financial company" and rescind the authority to regulate that company if the council determines the organization "no longer meets the standards" for regulation. Further, a company "may request, in writing, an opportunity for a written or oral hearing before the Council to contest the proposed determination" that it is subject to regulation. After a final determination, the institution may "bring an action in the United States District Court ... for an order requiring that the final determination be rescinded, and the court shall, upon review, dismiss such action or direct the final determination to be rescinded," if the determination made was "arbitrary and capricious."

It is all with in the power of the Executive. He appoints the council, The Congress has NO say at all in it.

Now you WANT Congress involved? :lol: Imagine that...

No how about we just lift the restrictions on Anwar and Shallow water rigs, and invest in Shale oil Tech. We do not have to drill in everyone's back yard. That is a nice bumper sticker but not really truthful. Of course we would probably never be fully self sufficient, but we sure as hell could supply a lot more of our own Oil than we do now.

The oil we get out of our own ground doesn't all go to "us" you know. The oil belongs to whatever company pumps it out; it is then put on the open market and sold to the highest bidder.

Charles_Main said:

Not even close.

"Congress" has already had its say about Financial Reform. What do you think they've been doing the past 3 months? Hello? This is a REGULATORY issue, which at some point down the road might BE changed (by a new Congress) (just as Glass-Steagal was repealed, as an example).

Is there a Charles_Main, and charles main on this forum? :confused:

Forum List

Back