More lies from This administration

editec

Mr. Forgot-it-All
Jun 5, 2008
Maine

<!-- sphereit start -->In September 2007, the Kurdish Regional Government, which runs the semi-autonomous region of Northern Iraq, announced that it had entered into an oil contract with U.S.-based Hunt Oil. The deal complicated negotiations over a revenue-sharing agreement and the Bush administration declared itself shocked at the news. “I know nothing about the deal,” said President Bush.

Documents uncovered by the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform indicate that the White House probably shouldn’t have been so surprised. Among the many pieces of evidence that the administration knew and approved of the deal:

-- A Commerce Department official wished Hunt Oil officials “a fruitful visit to Kurdistan.”

-- A Hunt Oil general manager said he met with nine State Department officials and none expressed opposition.

-- Five days after the announcement of the deal, a State Department official told Hunt officials about another “good opportunity in Iraq.”

source

Gees-Louise!~ this administration is certainly veracity-challenged, isn't it?

They just lie and lie and lie and nothing gets done about it!

source

Ya cause those agencies all told the White House and the President about those "meetings" and that the company was seeking a deal.

Wanna provide some proof of THAT?

Ya cause those agencies all told the White House and the President about those "meetings" and that the company was seeking a deal.

Wanna provide some proof of THAT?

If I could make sense of your point I'd do my best to respond, sport.

You want to try again?

source

There is a veracity problem alright but it isn't with the administration in this case.

A Commerce Department official wished Hunt Oil officials “a fruitful visit to Kurdistan.”

Taken as written here, there was no deal of any kind yet.

A Hunt Oil general manager said he met with nine State Department officials and none expressed opposition.

Who were these nameless officials and was a potential deal even discussed or were the discussions about something else?

Five days after the announcement of the deal, a State Department official told Hunt officials about another “good opportunity in Iraq.”

How does this relate to the fact that the White house was 'shocked" over the first deal? Who is this nameless State Department offical?

The reporter, or rather story teller that penned this article is simply providing fodder for another conspiracy theory at best. Of course, the OP of this thread is indeed my favorite conspiracy theorist.

Forum List

Back