More Liberalism Gone Amok In NY

RSR is a hack.... he proclaims one moment what a great candidate Rudy is, but then turns around and trashes the same sort of municipal government priorities as Rudy had ....being run by a moderate republican who is a clone of Rudy himself.
Given all the crap he talks, I have a hard time believing that a Bush conservative like RSR would ever endorse a social liberal, moderate Republican like Giuliani. Those talking points would have to be shoved way up his ass for him to do that.

and the program does NOT use RSR's tax dollars. WHy the fuck should he give a shit how a purple city in a blue state with a red mayor choses to deal with its social problems.
It's because RSR doesn't really believe in small government or State's rights. He wants one big federal government with the Republicans in charge of everything. He's actually a liberal in that regard.

It's because RSR doesn't really believe in small government or State's rights. He wants one big federal government with the Republicans in charge of everything. He's actually a liberal in that regard.

I want to be the first to welcome RSR to the left. Congratulations on finally seeing the light, RSR. We have board meetings every other Tuesday. I'll send you an events calendar.

BTW, blue states contribute more to the federal pot than red states, and red states take more out, so blue states can have whatever social programs they damn well please.

Bloomberg's policies are nothing more than a continuation of Giuliani's. Do you disprove of Bloomberg and Giuliani's handling of New York in the past and the present?

Rudy actually cut welfare rolls in NY by nearly 60%

He cut taxes in NY 23 times

He reduced crime by - gasp - locking up the criminals and having the police crack down on crime

Things that would never occur to a liberal to do

Bloomberg is a life long liberal who switched to a Republican so he could run against a weak Dem

RSR is a hack.... he proclaims one moment what a great candidate Rudy is, but then turns around and trashes the same sort of municipal government priorities as Rudy had ....being run by a moderate republican who is a clone of Rudy himself.

and the program does NOT use RSR's tax dollars. WHy the fuck should he give a shit how a purple city in a blue state with a red mayor choses to deal with its social problems. If liberals started trashing his state or his city's programs and priorities, he's certainly tell us it was none of our business....

we say the same thing to him now. STFU....it is none of your concern.

You are a perfect example of why libs are scared of Rudy. I know it is early but the polls show him crushing your gal Hillary and the great Obama

He beats McCaion, the libs other love child

The facts is, while Rudy is not a Reagan conservative he is still a good candidate

Rudy was the target for the liberal hate conservatives always get, and the NY Times did its best to savage him on a daily basis

This program does nothing to get people off the public payroll - it only helps keep them there. Which is want libs want in the first place.

Libs will continue to hand over other people money to these bums, they will tell them to remember where they got it from. lLbs will then make sure they get to the polls on Election Day, and when these slobs are still on welfare libs will remind them how Republicans are keeping them down and the only way to kepp those government checks coiming is to vote Democrat

Why do you think San Fran has one of the largest homeless populations in the nation? San Fran has the biggest handouts to these bums so that is where the homeless flock to

Why work when you have libs handing out money not to work?

I want to be the first to welcome RSR to the left. Congratulations on finally seeing the light, RSR. We have board meetings every other Tuesday. I'll send you an events calendar.

BTW, blue states contribute more to the federal pot than red states, and red states take more out, so blue states can have whatever social programs they damn well please.

One day I will register as a Dem............

The old man was critically ill. Feeling that death was near, he called his lawyer. "I want to become a Democrat. Get me a change of registration form." "You can do it", the lawyer said, "But why? You'll be dead soon, why do you want to become a Democrat?" "That's my business! Get me the form!"

Four days later, the old man got his registration changed. His lawyer was at his bedside making sure his bill would be paid. Suddenly the old man was racked with fits of coughing, and it was clear that this would be the end. Still curious, the lawyer leaned over and said, "Please, before it's too late, tell me why you wanted to become a Democrat so badly before you died?" In a faint whisper, as he breathed his last, the old man said: "One less Democrat".

Rudy actually cut welfare rolls in NY by nearly 60%

He cut taxes in NY 23 times

He reduced crime by - gasp - locking up the criminals and having the police crack down on crime

Things that would never occur to a liberal to do

Bloomberg is a life long liberal who switched to a Republican so he could run against a weak Dem

"The number of New York City residents receiving public assistance fell to 402,281 last month, the lowest number since December 1964, at the start of President Lyndon B. Johnson's war on poverty, and a decline of nearly two-thirds from its peak of nearly 1.2 million in March 1995, officials announced yesterday...."When I came into office, we were going into an economic slump, and most people thought that the welfare rolls would go up," Mr. Bloomberg said yesterday. "The truth of the matter is, they have gone down."

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/06/n...5fb249697bbf65&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

THE BLOOMBERG RECORD: Law Enforcement; New York's Falling Crime Rate Is a Potent Weapon for the Mayor
New York City's police force has fewer officers, less money and more work than it did four years ago. Yet, by almost any measure, the city is safer today than it was before Michael R. Bloomberg became mayor in January 2002.

If that sounds like grist for a campaign commercial, it is. Public safety has emerged as Mr. Bloomberg's not-so-secret weapon as he goes about pressing his case for re-election.

Mr. Bloomberg aggressively wields statistics showing that he not only continued the efforts of Rudolph W. Giuliani, who made crime-fighting a signature issue, but also did so while putting 1,000 officers on antiterrorism duty and avoiding the racial tensions that bedeviled his predecessor. Crime citywide has decreased 20 percent since 2001, outpacing the decline in the nation as a whole, according to F.B.I. data, and polls show widespread support for the mayor's public safety policies.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpa...nce/Times Topics/People/G/Giuliani, Rudolph W.

Mayor Readies $1 Billion Tax Cut
Mayor Bloomberg is planning to unveil a sweeping $1 billion tax cut package today in his State of the City address that would reduce property taxes, eliminate the city sales tax on clothing and footwear, and slash some business taxes.

The proposal, disclosed yesterday by senior officials in the Bloomberg administration, includes a one-year property tax reduction that is expected to decrease New Yorkers' bills by about 5% across the board. The reduction comes about four years after Mr. Bloomberg pushed through an 18.5% property tax increase to deal with the economic downturn that followed the World Trade Center attacks.

Mr. Bloomberg's plan also includes eliminating the city's 4% portion of the sales tax on clothing and shoes, which currently applies to items that cost $110 and more. In addition, it includes a combined $140 million in tax relief next year for unincorporated businesses and for other corporations.

The move to reduce taxes comes as the city's economy is booming, defying the expectations of economists.
http://www.nysun.com/article/46847

now libs will rant and rave how those tax cuts will benefit only the "rich" while draing vital government funding for the "poor"

Libs are worried about Rudy - you can tell when the kinives come out form the left and the liberal media

You are a perfect example of why libs are scared of Rudy. I know it is early but the polls show him crushing your gal Hillary and the great Obama

He beats McCaion, the libs other love child

The facts is, while Rudy is not a Reagan conservative he is still a good candidate

Rudy was the target for the liberal hate conservatives always get, and the NY Times did its best to savage him on a daily basis

This program does nothing to get people off the public payroll - it only helps keep them there. Which is want libs want in the first place.

Libs will continue to hand over other people money to these bums, they will tell them to remember where they got it from. lLbs will then make sure they get to the polls on Election Day, and when these slobs are still on welfare libs will remind them how Republicans are keeping them down and the only way to kepp those government checks coiming is to vote Democrat

Why do you think San Fran has one of the largest homeless populations in the nation? San Fran has the biggest handouts to these bums so that is where the homeless flock to

Why work when you have libs handing out money not to work?

if you love rudy so much, why did you start this thread which is all about another moderate new york republican carrying on the guliani legacy?

Point one - your stats are over one year old
Have things changed much since? Prove it.

Point two - I said San Fran has one of the largest homeless population due to the huge handouts they give the homeless - not the largest (but they are climbing up the ranks)

As has already been pointed out to you, NYC puts some of the highest levels of funds toward the homeless and has the lowest homelessness rate of any major city in the U.S. So your argument that funding programs for the poor and homeless causes more poverty and homelessness has already been disproven. Of course, you'll ignore that and copy/paste something stupid and irrelevant now, like you always do.

I think its funny how everytime RSR posts a lib thread (which by the way is every single thread of his) the general community jumps on board to tell him what an idiot he is. Its getting to the point where I log on here to find the latest RSR gets pwned thread. :lol:

I think its funny how everytime RSR posts a lib thread (which by the way is every single thread of his) the general community jumps on board to tell him what an idiot he is. Its getting to the point where I log on here to find the latest RSR gets pwned thread. :lol:

You sure are racking up the rep, T-Bor. What's up with THAT?

To libs, Heaven is seeing masses of people crawling to the nearest Federal building for their subsistence

It makes them feel good and ensures their vote at election time

You are funny lol.

The government is not the answer. I believe, the government can help, but it cannot replace the family, and other support systems such as your local community and/or local religious group

government alone cannot fix anything, but government is like a cane, it can be a crutch, but it cannot help you walk upright.

You are funny lol.

The government is not the answer. I believe, the government can help, but it cannot replace the family, and other support systems such as your local community and/or local religious group

government alone cannot fix anything, but government is like a cane, it can be a crutch, but it cannot help you walk upright.

One of the building blocks to liberalsim, and one of the more important things to liberals, is feeling good about what they do

To libs, good intentions are more important then actual results

Forum List

Back