More lefty whining of Censorship...

acludem said:
What about the sponsors that threatened to pull out of Ellen DeGeneres' sitcom when she came out of the closet? Or the sponsors who threatened to pull out of the Grammys if Janet Jackson wasn't removed from the bill? These were under pressure from right-wing big brother government activists. Both extremes support censorship. Don't try and pin it all on the left - or have you forgotten that John Ashcroft had clothes draped over a nude statue in front the Justice building?

acludem

So, is it your position that advertisers or the public have no right and no discretion in spending their money? I suppose that you would have everyone sign a disclaimer swearing to the fact that "I attest that I did not base my refusal to purchase the (fill in name of product ie album, book, video) by (fill in name of left wing nut) on any expression of the artist's views on race, religion, gender, national pride or moral values."

Why is it that you resolutely fail to notice the fact that NO ONE QUESTIONS THE RIGHT OF THESE PEOPLE TO MAKE THEIR STATEMENTS??? But somehow you have trouble supporting the right of others to refuse to purchase their products. How is one supported as free speech while the other is condemned as censorship?

May I add a heartfelt expression - BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merlin once again: :banana:

Poor aclu couldn't understand the very concise explanation that Moi gave last night. :shocked:

Guess he needed you! :D

Kathianne said:
Merlin once again: :banana:

Poor aclu couldn't understand the very concise explanation that Moi gave last night. :shocked:

Guess he needed you! :D

Don't I get credit?

I was first on base dammit! :read:

Give me some shooga!

Kathianne said:
:thewave: :cheers2:

How's THAT?!!! :teeth:

An apple for my teach!

FS_green_apple.jpg

Oh that's BEAUTIFUL! Thanks. Not even a bite out of it! :)

Merlin1047 said:
Why is it that you resolutely fail to notice the fact that NO ONE QUESTIONS THE RIGHT OF THESE PEOPLE TO MAKE THEIR STATEMENTS??? But somehow you have trouble supporting the right of others to refuse to purchase their products. How is one supported as free speech while the other is condemned as censorship?
Right. They have the right to say that, and I have the right to call them a dumbass.

Ah, yes - McCarthyism. That horrible, dark chapter in American history. That "witch hunt". That "mean-spirited"(oh, how liberals love that term) assault on free speech. Let's examine a few facts that seem to get glossed over whenever the subject of McCarthyism comes up:

The evil "blacklist" was compiled by the studio heads themselves, who - then, as now - had their eyes firmly fixed on the bottom line. They knew that 1950s America(the hysterical, unenlightened bumpkins) would not support the sworn enemies of this nation with their dollars.

Oh, and the devastation wrought by this injustice! Daschiel Hammet actually had to fire his pool man! Couldn't America understand that these people had a God-given right to a job in the movies?

KGB files, declassified after the fall of the Soviet Union, prove that - not only was McCarthy right - he didn't know the half of it!

Go sit on an upside-down barstool, Elton. Nobody gives a shit what you say anymore.

musicman said:
Ah, yes - McCarthyism. That horrible, dark chapter in American history. That "witch hunt". That "mean-spirited"(oh, how liberals love that term) assault on free speech. Let's examine a few facts that seem to get glossed over whenever the subject of McCarthyism comes up:

The evil "blacklist" was compiled by the studio heads themselves, who - then, as now - had their eyes firmly fixed on the bottom line. They knew that 1950s America(the hysterical, unenlightened bumpkins) would not support the sworn enemies of this nation with their dollars.

Oh, and the devastation wrought by this injustice! Daschiel Hammet actually had to fire his pool man! Couldn't America understand that these people had a God-given right to a job in the movies?

KGB files, declassified after the fall of the Soviet Union, prove that - not only was McCarthy right - he didn't know the half of it!

Go sit on an upside-down barstool, Elton. Nobody gives a shit what you say anymore.

all right on target. the problem is that McCarthy has been so vilified by the left, that they ignore the truth he exposed.

freeandfun1 said:
all right on target. the problem is that McCarthy has been so vilified by the left, that they ignore the truth he exposed.

The landscape of recent history is littered with the mangled remains of anyone who had the bad luck to find himself in the crosshairs of the liberal cultural establishment. That's why those who speak out agaist it are true heroes, who deserve our respect and gratitude.

musicman said:
The landscape of recent history is littered with the mangled remains of anyone who had the bad luck to find himself in the crosshairs of the liberal cultural establishment. That's why those who speak out agaist it are true heroes, who deserve our respect and gratitude.

I could not agree more!

Pale Rider said:
The thing is with these big mouthed, opinionated entertainers, there's ALWAYS someone following them around with a microphone and a camera. Every damn little worthless piece of shit these morons utter is printed as if spoken by Confuscious, or Nastradomous. (spelling?...) Like it's the most important revelation of the 21st century, and we ALL need to hear it.
If someone followed me around with a microphone and a camera every damn step of a every damn day, and I had to depend on my image, INCLUDING WHAT I SAID, to sell myself and my product to pay for my lifestyle, the last thing I'd do is say a bunch of shit that I knew would piss of a portion of my spending patrons. But no... these assholes want to blab on and on about whatever the fuck they want, and with the first tone of discourse from people that say, hey, fuck you now, we're not buying your shit anymore, they think that's BULLYING??!! It ain't got a fucking THING TO DO WITH BULLYING!! These fucking morons brought it on themselves!!!

Sing your song, put on your show, do your acting, but shut the fuck up, OR PAY THE CONSQUENCES! What part about that don't these shit for brains understand? Unfortuanately, that came with the territory when they became high profile entertainers. If they don't like it, then they can get the fuck out of the business. Well, no, they won't be doing that. Then they'd have to give up all their fame and money, and that's all these fuckers really care about anyway.

Fuck 'em all. Dick lickers.

Please reread.

Forum List

Back