More Lefties "supporting" the troops

theim

May 11, 2004
Madison, WI
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117933662?categoryid=1682&cs=1

As evidence, it would be difficult to find a more subversive hour than this weekend's installment of "Masters of Horror" -- Showtime's anthology series featuring a dozen different horror luminaries -- which caused a stir when previewed at the Torino Film Festival.

Directed by Joe DanteJoe Dante, "Homecoming" is a full-frontal assault on the Bush administration, and about as subtle -- and bracing -- as a punch to the jaw.

Adapted by Sam HammSam Hamm from Dale Bailey's short story "Death and Suffrage" -- but also vaguely reminiscent of Irwin Shaw's 1936 anti-war play "Bury the Dead" -- Dante's hour darkly satirizes zombie movie conventions, as dead soldiers arise to vote against the politicians who shipped them off to war. Meanwhile, a Karl Rove-like presidential adviser and Ann Coulter-like pundit (the names have been changed, but just barely) manipulate a talk circuit where gaseous windbags presume to speak for the military's fallen.

When exec producer John Hyde told the Associated Press the goal was to allow the filmmakers to operate "with no restrictions, no second-guessing," he wasn't kidding -- though in this case, that freedom allows for a bare-knuckled political statement, not buckets of zombie blood.

Now I know what you're thinking, but personally I find myself torn. The dead do tend to vote overwhelmingly Democratic.

theim said:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117933662?categoryid=1682&cs=1

Now I know what you're thinking, but personally I find myself torn. The dead do tend to vote overwhelmingly Democratic.

Yes but i often wonder if the dead vote is misrepresented. We need to make sure the dead are not disenfranchised by the democrats when they vote. They seem to be picking only the dead that vote democrat and ignoring the dead that want to vote republican. Thats alittle too convienant for me. I think the Dems are disenfranchising those dead that are unwilling to vote dem in order to suppress the vote. Its pure racsim. :teeth:

Forum List

Back